• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speaking Tests

krazykooki

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:25 PM

What topic is everyone doing for their presentation?
What revision are you doin for the speaking test?

I'm doing kinder und eltern for ma presentation an im basically gonna learn ma essay an for the discussion im jus gonna learn loadsa phrases an hope for the best.

Rubberducky

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:04 PM

hey i did higher german last year. I did Gesundes Leben for my presentation which was a pretty good topic cos its so wide. At the time i totally thot that i mucked up the discussion part but i got full marks. Dropped 2 on my presentation tho.. i think it was just nerves cos i had to start again! lol! so overall i got 23/25 which i was pretty chuffed at. Im doin advanced higher this year - the whole speakin test is discussion - no presentation!!

Gill x

Mikey_Pee

Posted 20 February 2005 - 02:48 PM

I talked about "Warum ich gesund bin". It was a great presentation, talking about my opinions on smoking and what I eat during the day that makes me healthy.

The after discussion was hard. I ended up saying I shopped in JJB sports for clothes but although I work in Matalan, I wouldn't buy clothes from there! It was in front of the class and a few couldn't hide their laughter towards the end. I still don't know if I mucked up or I just spoke bad German!

Rubberducky

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:22 AM

oh my god, you had to do it infront of your class? Thats so unfair cos its bad enough without gettin embarressed!!

have you got ur mark yet?

Tracy

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:32 PM

Thats awful!! WE aren't doing our to March... i got an easy topic for my presentation... last week our class came home from a work experence trip in Forst in Germany... whilst there Janna one of the really kool people i was working with asked me to write an article for the newspaper so i get to use that! The discusssion should be easyish too!!

Had the actuall prelim today... READING IS HARD!! Translation was easy, so easy i got 70%! rolleyes.gif Directed writing was all about recently you have visited your pen freind. You went camping huh.gif with their youth group Write an article for the groups website. Include: - Where you went camping
- Who did the cooking and what you thought of it
- What sporting activities were arranged for you
- What did you do in the evenings
- What did you think of the people in the youth group
- opinions on the campsite
- would you repeat the experience

The writing after the listening was easy too, it is all about healthy eating: do you think you are healthy, diffrences between scotland and germany and what you do to stay fit. All i did was state what i ate for each meal, said why it was good/bad and spoke about the cost difference in German and Scottish supermarkets. I also mentioned hobbies.

Hope i did ok........ unsure.gif

How did every one else do? If you aint done it good luck blink.gif

tracy x x

wub.gif

krazykooki

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(Tracy @ Feb 21 2005, 07:32 PM)
Thats awful!!  WE aren't doing our to March... i got an easy topic for my presentation... last week our class came home from a work experence trip in Forst in Germany... whilst there Janna one of the really kool people i was working with asked me to write an article for the newspaper so i get to use that! The discusssion should be easyish too!!

Had the actuall prelim today... READING IS HARD!! Translation was easy, so easy i got 70%!  rolleyes.gif  Directed writing was all about recently you have visited your pen freind.  You went camping  huh.gif  with their youth group Write an article for the groups website. Include: - Where you went camping
                          - Who did the cooking and what you thought of it
                          - What sporting activities were arranged for you
                          - What did you do in the evenings
                          - What did you think of the people in the youth group
                          - opinions on the campsite
                          - would you repeat the experience

The writing after the listening was easy too, it is all about healthy eating: do you think you are healthy, diffrences between scotland and germany and what you do to stay fit.  All i did was state what i ate for each meal, said why it was good/bad and spoke about the cost difference in  German and Scottish supermarkets. I also mentioned hobbies.

Hope i did ok........ unsure.gif

How did every one else do? If you aint done it good luck  blink.gif

tracy x x

wub.gif

View Post

that sounds like the same prelim i did was it the P&N paper? What did you think of the translation? I found it unbelievably easy an ma teacher said it was far too easy an itl be a lot harder in the final exam

for my whole prelim not includin speakin i got 71% which is an A

Dave

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:19 PM

Question: If your teacher knew it was to easy why when did she allow you to sit it as a prelim and murder your chances of an appeal

Mikey_Pee

Posted 27 February 2005 - 12:08 PM

I sat the same one. I got 25/30 for the reading papaer, 13/20 for the listening, and 25/25 for my speaking test! It looks like I didn't muck up after all! I am so proud! The writing papers aren't marked yet, but I need 7 marks out of a possible 25 for an A as I'm on 63% right now. We'll have to see how it goes but the personal essay was perfect for me so I'm guaranteed an A, it just depends how I do on the Directed. Was it just me or did you find that one quite tough? I don't recall ever doing anything on camping.

krazykooki

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Feb 25 2005, 11:19 PM)
Question: If your teacher knew it was to easy why when did she allow you to sit it as a prelim and murder your chances of an appeal

View Post

because she'd not looked at it until after we had done it and because your not allowed to use past papers as appeals anymore supposedly its something about being able to buy the past paper books so its really easy for people to be able to see the papers before they sit them

she was trying to make it as close to the final exam as she could and so she was making sure she didn't 'murder our chances of an appeal'

Mikey_Pee

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE(Mikey_Pee @ Feb 27 2005, 12:08 PM)
The writing papers aren't marked yet, but I need 7 marks out of a possible 25 for an A as I'm on 63% right now. We'll have to see how it goes but the personal essay was perfect for me so I'm guaranteed an A, it just depends how I do on the Directed.

View Post

Well 6/10 on the personal essay and 9/15 on the Directed Writing. Poor fefforts that I am disappointed with, but still slightly bemused. Hopefully I'll see my papers on Monday and be able to figure out where I went wrong. But overall, I got my A!!

dehny

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

legalisation of cannabis, pros and cons finishing with a meiner Meinung nach bit

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic