Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Horses edwin muir... HELP - HSN forum

The Horses edwin muir... HELP

2 replies to this topic

#1 hollyplaydrums

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:20 PM

OH my god!! someone help! as u kno exams on friday, does anyone have notes on the horses by Edwin Muir if so can u email them to me, pleeeaase!!! unsure.gif hollyplaysdrums@hotmail.com

#2 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:26 PM

Im doing this poem, i made my own notes here is an overview u mite already know this,

Edwin Muir adopts a persona the voice of the survivors

The tone of the poem is one of optimism and is an uplifting poem.

The horses represnt a new beginning.They symbolise hope and they are seen as a stamp of approval at the changes now made.

The situation is that there has been a nuclear war and it is a warning of the likely outcome of our way of life if we carry on selfishly.The nuclear war represents mans arrogance and the arrival of the horses is a way to ammend this.It is also saying we are out of touch with creation and the coming of the "strange horses" is a chance to rebuild society.

The main things i wrote about were the great use of imagry and sound techniques.
cool.gif
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#3 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:31 PM

Here are some more notes which i have found, from help with "Exposure" notes.

http://uk.geocities.com/vhari.lannigan@bti...m/thehorses.htm
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users