• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where Does Everyone Want To Go Now?

Justboy

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:25 AM

any of you guys know how ucas works? I'm sure it said it wants my replies by april 28th, but what do i reply exactly?

lorna_04

Posted 09 January 2005 - 07:19 PM

Yeah i applied last year so fortunately for me ive bn through the whole process. Ucas should send you out a form which will list all your choices and your offers, you will then need to make a firm choice and an insurance choice and return the tear-off slip.

Justboy

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:27 PM

bah, I guess i'll make Glasgow Comp sci offer my "firm choice" and bsc comp sci at strath my "insurance".

Paul

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:00 PM

if u reply sayin u want to make an unconditional ur firm choice...then there is no need to make anythin else ur insurance choice and u decline everythin else!

Paul

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Justboy @ Jan 9 2005, 10:27 PM)
bah, I guess i'll make Glasgow Comp sci offer my "firm choice" and bsc comp sci at strath my "insurance".

View Post

Glasgow!? You've made a good choice!

Shandogg

lorna_04

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:55 PM

Glasgow uni seems to be the 'place to be' this year eh? lol

Icemaiden

Posted 01 February 2005 - 05:20 PM

Not sure where I want to go...Strathclyde looks really good....but I need 3 a's! (Msci course mind tho...).Arrrg!!!I'll have no life now...

Huggles

Ice Maiden

Justboy

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:12 PM

3 A's? ouch.
Still haven't sent away, but it's most likely still the decision i said earlier.

Oh, and it's still possible Icemaiden.

werlop

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:28 PM

3 As at what level?

Dave

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:32 PM

i would think higher as its for a scottish university (strathclyde) there entry for Msci is AABBB or AAA

werlop

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:40 PM

Yeh I suppose, silly question really.

Icemaiden

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:10 PM

to answer werlops question :yes at higher. tongue.gif.Am warmin handies on a cup-of-soup.

Huggles

Ice Maiden

bred

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:55 PM

I replied through UCAS today. Firm acceptance MA Geography at Edinburgh and insurance MA Geography at St. Andrews.

strosek911

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:56 PM

i'm going down to bournemouth uni for an open day in a few weeks then sheffield in april.

still undecided between glasgow, sheffield and bournemouth though.

Kevin_Kilbane

Posted 28 February 2005 - 08:26 PM

Where are you thinking of going?

Im going to Glasgow to do Accounting and Economics. Its got far the best reputation (it being the "classic" Uni), the West End is healthy and it is right where home is.

I wouldn't fancy living away in Bournemouth or Sheffield - cost to much when I could get everything for free at home.

linds

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:33 PM

I finally got round to accepting Glasgow for French with Film and TV Studies.

I can't wait to go, looking forward to Cheesy Pop at the QM. tongue.gif

Kevin_Kilbane

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:26 PM

Ive not replied to any of my choices yet. Just want to confirm I am doing the right thing at the Open Days.

Have to say QM and GUU seem to be better than Strathclyde's Union.

Mon the Cheesy Pop and Indie Nights

broughy

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:16 PM

the strathclyde union's drink prices ain't all that great - but we have TFI! & we get to use the GUU & QMU anyway, so makes no difference!

Kevin_Kilbane

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:39 PM

Wasnt impressed by the Strath Union.

Can Glasgow students get into Strath?

broughy

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:49 PM

yeah, all 3 of the glasgow uni's can use each other's unions - but from what i hear, the union at cali is virtually non-existant! i've heard stories of some of the bouncers at strathy union being a bit dodgy about letting in people with glasgow matric cards on friday & saturday nights - not sure if thats just rumours though!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic