• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Corrections to HSN24400 (Higher Maths Course Revision Notes)

AndyW

Posted 29 April 2004 - 09:06 PM

On pages 2 and 3, there is an 'angle' symbol in place where there should be, I assume, an R for 'real number'. I can see three instances, beginning at the end of example a) where is says: domain x [subset symbol] [angle symbol], x [not equal] 0.

Also, on page 4, on the last line of example 2, the value in the square root should be x cubed, not x squared.

Allan

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:29 AM

I see the R sign where you said theres a degree sign, but maybe they've fixed it since then...

And that other one looks like a slip up

George

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:07 PM

Yep, the differentiation one has been added to the list tongue.gif

Not sure about the problem with symbols. Ally has been saying in another thread that a pi symbol isn't appearing, so it might be related. Please make sure you've got the latest version of the pdf and let me know if the problem is still there.

AndyW

Posted 02 May 2004 - 01:46 PM

By 'angle' symbol, I don't mean degrees, it's something else.

I'm using Mac OS X - I'll check it in Windows and see how it appears there.

Andy

AndyW

Posted 02 May 2004 - 01:58 PM

I've just checked and it's fine on screen on both Windows and OS X - the problem only appears when the document is printed (under OS X, not tried printing under Windows yet). So I guess there's nothing wrong the PDF.

Ally

Posted 02 May 2004 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (George @ May 2 2004, 12:07 PM)
Ally has been saying in another thread that a pi symbol isn't appearing, so it might be related.

Yeah it seems that the old version of Adobe did not include the 'pi' symbol, but I managed to download the new version and it appears there. biggrin.gif

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic