Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
HBM Archive 2004-2005 - HSN forum - Page 4

HBM Archive 2004-2005

382 replies to this topic

#61 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 28 February 2005 - 10:11 PM

me too! and what an interesting case study it was too.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#62 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 10:21 PM

oh yeah just thrilling! what questions did you do? i did 3 and 4. how did u find them?
user posted image

#63 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 10:37 PM

i did 1 and 5. they were the easiest out teh lot as far as i was concerned, although not easy if you catch the drift. i found the case study quite difficult though.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#64 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:21 AM

god 1 n 5 were the two i wasnt gonna do! lol! yeh the case study questions were not the easiest! its just the markin i dunno about cos some o the points i wrote im not sure if they would be THE answer but i did justify them.
wot did u get for the case study n the questions?
user posted image

#65 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:01 PM

Yeah i had tht prelim too! I did questions 2 + 4. I really duno how i got on! I am quite worried. As for the case study the first question was hard as there were not very obvious problems! Grrrr!

#66 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:22 PM

did you hae that too jill? hmm! i know it didnt seem like john lewis were in too bad a situation at all really - which gave us a slight prob!!
user posted image

#67 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:35 PM

Yeh its always like that though. Happened in a few of my business nabs and in my prelim last year.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#68 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:58 PM

i got 37/50, 16/25 and 17/25
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#69 Next_Trump

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ Feb 9 2005, 04:42 PM)
just back from my prelim there. It wasn't actually too bad. The case study was fine, not the easiest i've done, but the essay questions were harder. Confident i've passed though. i'll give it a 6.

oops, didnt read question properly. when i say 6 i really mean 4 tongue.gif i voted saying 6 ..oh well

View Post

My prelim was a breeze, but is this misplaced confidence? can you be too confident about an exam? I am quite disapointed that the prelim period is now suspended. 2 months till the next exam? I can't wait!

Trump the 2nd

#70 bobby_afro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:00 PM

smile.gif

#71 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 05:18 PM

Yeassssssssss i got my results back and got 87% smile.gif
43 for Section 1, and 23/25 and 21/25 in Section 2 biggrin.gif
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#72 herbeey

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:13 PM

What needs to be done to get marks?

I'm looking for some examples that show the bare minimun, that only just DO NOT get the mark, that clearly don't in the eyes of the examiner, and ones which would pass.

It'd be useful to relate you answer to my question to the leckie & leckie past papers, which I use. The answer section of it, I am lead to believe, will not gain full marks for a question if it is re-written word for word.
Signatures suck. They clog up websites and serve no purpose.

#73 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:17 PM

Yeh business is a hard subject, in my experience the general rule is write as much as possible and then you'll be sure of getting the marks. I'll try find an example for you.

#74 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:19 PM

You're right. Word for word it won't.

Most BM examiners are looking for you to [You'll hate me after I've said this the 1000s of times I'm going to] NAME AND EXPLAIN. It's simply not enough to use their bullet point answers and say 'this, that, the other'. You need to use your own examples and explain the concept behind your answer.

If you're talking about one way a business can improve its workforce's motivation, and use the term 'product circles', explain what a product circle is.

The best idea is to think that the examiner is just some guy walking in off the street ... if you can explain to them what they want to hear, using the terminology, and then break it down into what it 'actually means', you'll get the marks.
user posted image
user posted image

#75 herbeey

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:24 PM

A big problem of mine is my writing speed. I can't write down lots, thus getting the marks sad.gif
On the plus side, I think it is great to have a ninja smiley... ph34r.gif

I don't want this question to detract from the initial question; How important are giving real-life examples in each question. Should it be done for every question. And do they need to be real-life, or could they be hypothetical, theoretical examples?

#76 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:25 PM

Yep basically business answers come down to a simple 5 step plan:

*name
*justify why this is the answer by describing the above step
*give an example relevant to todays business world

#77 herbeey

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:33 PM

I posted this thread because my Business teacher appears to be a very strict marker. Out of a full class, it is dubious as to whether anyone will get an 'A' in any of the nabs.
In the most recent NAB, me and my 3 friends all got just on the pass mark. And I definitely did the answers as fully as I could, having revised the material.

#78 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:29 PM

Well with Business Management i tend to write heaps. Well "books" as my teacher would say! For my prelim i wrote 16 sides of A4! If the question is worth 10 marks our teacher says the best way to get those marks is to make 10 points.

#79 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:32 PM

A strict teacher is good because in the final exam you are more likily to write answers that are beyond any doubt full mark quality

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#80 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:42 PM

*Agrees with Dave*

At the end of the day you're only going to get out of it what you put into it.

I'm not saying write loads, but of the things you do actually write, make sure they make sense!
user posted image
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users