Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
HBM Archive 2004-2005 - HSN forum - Page 18

HBM Archive 2004-2005

382 replies to this topic

#341 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:56 PM

Partyyyyy!!! Nah...gonna have to work my ass off n try n get some money for a holiday with the girls, and some decent nites out.

Ooo got my Leavers Ball on Thursday - soo excited!. Wen's everybody elses?

#342 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(lorna_04 @ Jun 3 2005, 09:56 PM)
Partyyyyy!!! Nah...gonna have to work my ass off n try n get some money for a holiday with the girls, and some decent nites out.

Ooo got my Leavers Ball on Thursday - soo excited!. Wen's everybody elses?

View Post

MONEY! very important! gets u far!!.. and leavers Ball.. we call it the "Prom".. lol! and its on the 10th June at Edinburgh's Balmoral!!!

#343 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:15 PM

I found that quite straightforward tbh the case study was the easiest i've done. I'm not saying ive done brilliantly or anything but i was able to write a few things for each questions quite easily. The wholesaler on did stump me a bit but i'll have got about 2 or 3.

For the essays i did 1 and 3. it was between 2 and 3 but i noticed i had no idea what to do fpr the 7 marker in no2. The other questions weren't really that good for me.

Really happy with the way its gone and i feel i'll get a B out of it (famous last words!)

woo exams are over!!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#344 hippo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:38 PM

I have being doing BM as a personal study this year but to be honest I didnt really study for it. I did most of the Nabs last week and started revision yesterday. I'm a bit gutted now because you can easily pass BM if you put the work in.
So im was just wanting to ask a stupid question.......you know the first question was all on the case study well with all the questions after that did you have to relate them all to the case study. Its just that the questions didnt really imply that. The questions were quite straight forward but when it asked you about stuff like on/off job training did you have to relate it to the fishing industry?
Btw I loved the case study cause my dad's a fisherman so I knew all the stuff already and found the first question ok smile.gif haha i think!!

#345 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:39 PM

Yeh i only ever relate the first question to the case study. However, in section on where it mentioned the supermarkets as an example, this was a clear indication that you had to refer to supermarkets in your answer.
user posted image

#346 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

theres a thread running about relating back to the fishing industry. i only really talked about the fish people for the first question i think...
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#347 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:21 PM

I thought that this years exam paper was pretty straight forward compared to the previous ones.
The case study was a bit unusual blink.gif , but the questions werent too difficult. I managed my time perfectly aswell, i got all the case study questiions done by 2.15pm, and went on to do Q1 and Q3 in section two.

Overall the paper was not that bad, it was easier than i had expected and hopefully i should get an A biggrin.gif
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#348 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE(Rubberducky @ Jun 3 2005, 10:39 PM)
Yeh i only ever relate the first question to the case study. However, in section on where it mentioned the supermarkets as an example, this was a clear indication that you had to refer to supermarkets in your answer.

View Post

not had to.. but "A HINT" lol!

#349 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 07:03 AM

well obviously a pretty BIG one!
user posted image

#350 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(Justboy @ Jun 3 2005, 04:27 PM)
i don't think i've got 4/4 for wholesaler. Maybe 2 or 3 sad.gif What about the factors that influence the quality of a decision question, any ideas?

View Post

I'm not writing out a whole answer, but factors which influence the quality of a decisions are:

1. The Experience of the people making the decisions
2. The time that the people making the decision have to make it
3. The quality of the Information available to the people making a decision
4. The Number of people involved in making the decsision
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#351 TheMesiter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:golf, food<br />im amazing and sexy :)

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE(lipu @ Jun 4 2005, 08:07 AM)
QUOTE(Justboy @ Jun 3 2005, 04:27 PM)
i don't think i've got 4/4 for wholesaler. Maybe 2 or 3 sad.gif What about the factors that influence the quality of a decision question, any ideas?

View Post

I'm not writing out a whole answer, but factors which influence the quality of a decisions are:

1. The Experience of the people making the decisions
2. The time that the people making the decision have to make it
3. The quality of the Information available to the people making a decision
4. The Number of people involved in making the decsision

View Post

yeh i missed most of that i said
1. the availablity of finance and technology
2. the level of risk a manager is willing to take
3. the conditions of the economy and market at the time
4. whether the staff agreed upon the proposed course of action
5. the experience of the manager making the decision
6. how good the information is- but that is related to how much finance you have to get proper software- such as the decision making software, or internet for info
User Banned.

#352 stevon

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:12 AM

Done questions 1 and 3. Seemed alright. I'm sure I got a B, although an A isn't totally unexpected either. smile.gif

#353 TheMesiter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:golf, food<br />im amazing and sexy :)

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(stevon @ Jun 5 2005, 12:12 AM)
Done questions 1 and 3.  Seemed alright.  I'm sure I got a B, although an A isn't totally unexpected either. smile.gif

View Post

ull get a fail stevoe
User Banned.

#354 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(TheMesiter @ Jun 5 2005, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE(stevon @ Jun 5 2005, 12:12 AM)
Done questions 1 and 3.  Seemed alright.  I'm sure I got a B, although an A isn't totally unexpected either. smile.gif

View Post

ull get a fail stevoe

View Post

jese, ur sooo encouraging! i did questions 4 and 6 and they were ok!

#355 scissor_sisters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:49 PM

Hey there folks. Can i ask, 4 the question on the company having too much stock or not enough, do u need 3 points 4 each cuz its worth 6 or any combination?

Thank u! smile.gif

#356 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:03 PM

Im not too sure but i thot that you got get like a 4/2 split, or maybe 5/1 but im not 100%. But yeh i think that it doesnt matter.
user posted image

#357 NYPD

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(Rubberducky @ Jun 5 2005, 09:03 PM)
Im not too sure but i thot that you got get like a 4/2 split, or maybe 5/1 but im not 100%. But yeh i think that it doesnt matter.

View Post

Yeah, it doesn't matter. As long as there is at least 1 of each then the combination doesn't matter.

#358 scissor_sisters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:16 PM

Wicked thanks x

#359 coolio

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

I thought that the exam was fine. Case Study was well borin, was a bit put off with the wholesaler question too. Think the questions in section 2 were fine, I did q's 1 and 2 - they seemed the easiest for me. Think i should have got an A (Prayin that i have - my teacher said if i didnt she'd be knockin on my door, so i hope for her too I have) biggrin.gif

#360 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:41 PM

Its the first paper i have ever seent hat has had a case study on an industry rather than a business, I thought it was fairly easy though, business management has been one of my stronger areas though.

for the Essay questions i done 3 and 5, but i dont know if i have done well or not because i had pleanty of spare time so i may have not answered fully, especially when you compare it to ermdeviation, i wrote about 15-20 pages, he wrote 29.

Later
Andi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users