Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
HBM Archive 2004-2005 - HSN forum - Page 2

HBM Archive 2004-2005

382 replies to this topic

#21 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:39 PM

I've not found out my final mark yet but I think i'll get a B. I've seen section A and I got 70% but I found out one of my essay marks and it was only 15/25, so I doubt i've done that great on the other. Still, I think I'll get an A in final, as I managed this without any revision and I'll be surprised if the subject becomes more tricky.

#22 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:42 PM

just back from my prelim there. It wasn't actually too bad. The case study was fine, not the easiest i've done, but the essay questions were harder. Confident i've passed though. i'll give it a 6.

oops, didnt read question properly. when i say 6 i really mean 4 tongue.gif i voted saying 6 ..oh well
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#23 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:04 PM

My prelim isnt till the 1st of March biggrin.gif
So i will need to wait till then to vote rolleyes.gif
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#24 NYPD

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:31 PM

I just got my results for our business management prelim - I got an A - so happy - the only one smile.gif

#25 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:36 PM

Thats fantastic, Business really is a hard prelim in terms of the stamina you need to have to do all the writing
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#26 NYPD

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ Feb 11 2005, 04:36 PM)
Thats fantastic, Business really is a hard prelim in terms of the stamina you need to have to do all the writing

View Post

I did Higher History, Higher English and Higher Modern Studies last year - so used to the writing thing. AH English and AH Modern Studies - the writing there shocked even me lol

#27 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:47 PM

Tell me about it, i just sat my HRM Nab today, and i wrote on 4 sides of A4, that was a lot of writing for 1 period blink.gif

user posted image

#28 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:49 PM

all you people still at school, schools around here are off until thursday...when i have a AH physics prelim

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#29 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:43 PM

Yep our schools have normal timetables during our prelims.
We dont get study leave, and just sit our prelims over a double period, rather than in the assembly hall. biggrin.gif

user posted image

#30 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(NYPD @ Feb 11 2005, 04:31 PM)
I just got my results for our business management prelim - I got an A - so happy - the only one  smile.gif

View Post

that's excellent, well done!

i agree about the writing thing, it's difficult stuff, but history last year has prepared me for it!

schools here are off fri/mon/tue i'm off on study leave though so makes no difference.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#31 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:52 PM

ours are also off on the Wednesday because there is a two day in service day

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#32 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:15 PM

I'm of til thursday when I have the Advanced Maths prelim.

#33 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 13 February 2005 - 01:25 PM

Be very careful of 'exemplifying' things.

For example, if you give an example of McDonald's in relation to a question, make sure that you don't go off on a tangent with regards to what you're talking about. I used to do this criminally to begin with in Business Management, and being honest you were spending so much time talking about McDonald's that you'd forget to answer the question properly!
user posted image
user posted image

#34 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:23 AM

That is a VERY important lesson to learn. Its the difference between a C and a B, or a B and an A.
Classic advice there man.

#35 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:08 PM

I've found out i've got a B in the prelim, not totally happy obviously, but not too bothered.

#36 Rachael_McD

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:18 PM

I just had mine today, hopefully it went well as all the questions I had anticipated came up. I found the time factor a more restricting problem, but just managed to finish it on time. I did the questions in section two first as I thought I would spend more time on them - is that generally a good idea for someone who finds time management difficult? I know both the case study and the questions in section two are essentially out of the same amount of marks, but it felt better to get them out of the way first. unsure.gif

Anyway, hopefully I did ok - hope everyone else gets what they were wanting happy.gif

Thats actually the longest exam I've ever done lol. My hand was quite cramped afterward - such a baby.

#37 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:09 PM

hey do you know if your prelim was bought in or just made up by the school? Ours is bought in and we've got it on the 28th!!
user posted image

#38 Rachael_McD

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:02 PM

Ours was made up by the department. Though it was obvious that they had adapted questions from all the previous papers. The 28th is ages away lol, wish mine were later on!

#39 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:51 PM

beleive me it doesn't feel like it was ages away! I am kinda panicing now. Argh!!!

#40 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:38 PM

We have done a section in class on market research and I can't find anything for that in the HSN notes...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users