• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DME for those who have completed it

Paul!"$%^&*1122

Posted 04 November 2004 - 05:54 PM

hi

I am sitting higher modies this year and i am beginning to like it. i have been achieving good grades in practice tests and 9/10 in my nab. For my first practice DME (done at home ) i got 17/20 of which i was ova the moon.

I was just wondering how do i cope with only having 1hr 20 mins do answer 10 marks evaluating and produce a 20 mark report as i feel i take ages deciding on sources then cross referring and thn tinging it with background knowledge.

superstar

Posted 05 November 2004 - 07:27 PM

Well...

1. Only take between 10-15 minutes on the 10 marks as u hardly have to write anything for the answers

2. Take highlighters to the exam and highlight the points for your arguement with one colour and against with another

3. I wrote about 4 sides for the report and i never had less than 17/20

George

Posted 05 November 2004 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(superstar @ Nov 5 2004, 07:27 PM)
2. Take highlighters to the exam and highlight the points for your arguement with one colour and against with another

View Post

Hmmm, that might not work for everyone. We had a talk from one of the exam setters before the exam last year, and he pointed out that you can go to extremes with that, and it just wastes time. He suggested that just labelling the margin with "A" if you've used source A etc, and BK for background knowledge. That's what they're looking for smile.gif

Shuggy

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:24 AM

You probably shouldn't worry too much if you spend a wee bit more time on the sources. The two advantages of the evaluating questions are: they allow the student to pick up marks (once you've got the hang of them, it's quite easy to get 10 out of ten); and they allow you to thoroughly acquaint yourself with the sources for the report. You'll probably find the time it takes to do them falls with practice...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic