Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
HBM Archive 2004-2005 - HSN forum - Page 7

HBM Archive 2004-2005

382 replies to this topic

#121 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:54 PM

Well i will just read over the course notes that we got in class which take like hours but they are ok, sum are crap thoo! I also write down all he stuff i dont know so i can revise it more! Also i will read the Leckie and Leckie book, i find it really useful! Then once i have half an idea about the couorse i will start on past papers!

#122 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:58 PM

sorry bud, i have to disagree, if you put:

-Rights Issue - when shares are issued,

yes you should be deducted because you have not expressed an true understanding, maybe a 1/2 mark

how ever if i said

-Rights Issue - this is when current ordinary share holders are given the opportunity to buy more shares by a ratio, e.g. 1:2 this is when a share holder with 100 shares can buy another 200 from the company, relative. This can raise finance quickly for a company.

whats wrong with that?

#123 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

cheat =P lol

#124 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:01 AM

Ah sh I got 22 out of 22 in an info NAB just there
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#125 Equilibrium

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:05 PM

dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif not nice
If not to heaven, then hand in hand to hell!

#126 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:26 PM

He's just sore 'cause I always beat him. biggrin.gif

#127 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:34 PM

Well lets just see about that in the exam!

#128 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:35 PM

I think you can go up more than 1 band but not more than 1 grade. Its unlikely though.

#129 RhythmOfTheRain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

i've read millions of definitions of debt factoring but i still dont understand it! help please?

aish xx

#130 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:56 PM

Of the top of my head:

Business pays a "Factor" to recover debts another company owes them.

The "Factor" pays the Business 80% of the debts immediately.

Then, the "factor" gets the other 20% in time.

The Business pays the "factor" for this service.

Off the top of my head, mind.

#131 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:00 PM

Yeah i dont really get this either. Is it not that a business sells their debts to a factor and but the business are not given the full value of the debts by the factor as they keep some of the value for their services??

I think that is just the same as above??

#132 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:27 AM

It also depends on the difficulty of the prelim you sat (or whatever appeal material), the sections you performed badly in must have been done well in the appeal eg. for accounts, I got 93% in my section 2 prelim, so if I screwed section 2 up in the exam, that would be a stronger appeal.

#133 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:58 PM

Ok superstar I'll explain it very carefully. The business passes their debts to the factor, who then takes responsibility for the debts. The factor then almost immediately gives the business a percentage of what these debts would be worth when recovered from debtors- usually about 80%. The factor gathers the payments from debtors, pays off the debts they acquired when they had to pay the business, and keeps the remaining 20% of debtors payments for themselves, this acts as a payment for taking on the risk of debt. Thus the business hasnt gained back all it was owed by debtors (only 80% of the payments) with the debtor factors keeping the rest, this however is better than just waiting for debtors to pay as they get this 80% quicker than if they were to collect it from the debtors themselves.

So yes your answer is correct superstar and yes it is the same as above.

#134 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ May 14 2005, 10:27 AM)
It also depends on the difficulty of the prelim you sat (or whatever appeal material), the sections you performed badly in must have been done well in the appeal eg. for accounts, I got 93% in my section 2 prelim, so if I screwed section 2 up in the exam, that would be a stronger appeal.

View Post

not that your boasting or anything.... rolleyes.gif

#135 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:08 PM

revenge will be mine! *Muahahaha... cough...splutter* tongue.gif

#136 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(Moral Fabric @ May 18 2005, 07:07 PM)

View Post

Not at all...simply...sharing my beneficial experiences with others tongue.gif

#137 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ May 19 2005, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE(Moral Fabric @ May 18 2005, 07:07 PM)

View Post

Not at all...simply...sharing my beneficial experiences with others tongue.gif

View Post

if that's what they're calling it these days

#138 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:12 PM

Its definately boasting....sharing beneficial experiences, I'll use that line in the future.

#139 Equilibrium

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:04 PM

You did two prelims which contained different units ? I did 2 on the whole coarse =/ even when we hadn't done them yet laugh.gif
If not to heaven, then hand in hand to hell!

#140 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

someone ows u £10 cos they borrowed it from u. U need the money bak but they cant pay it!, so.. a friend comes and tells u that he'd pay u £8 and he'd collect the £10 from the dude himself. so u get bak 8 on time .. and he'l go chasing the guy for the £10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users