broughy's Content

There have been 119 items by broughy (Search limited from 21-May 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#95501 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 02 April 2007 - 05:16 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Scott @ Apr 2 2007, 01:43 AM) View Post
I know of two guys that use straighteners on their hair! (I swear that I'm neither of them! laugh.gif) It's pretty much the running joke in the football team!

i know tons of guys who own straighteners! i even had to buy my brother a set for his birthday to stop him stealing mine & getting gel all over the plates!

#96906 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 10 May 2007 - 04:42 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lesley @ May 10 2007, 05:35 PM) View Post
That saying, i'll probably fail it. I've not bothered to learn half of the exam. I am so f*cking lazy these days. ph34r.gif

thats not lazy, thats sensible! you're first year therefore only need the credits for the class. so why bother learning more than 40% of the exam!

#95388 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 28 March 2007 - 02:00 PM in General Chat

i'm fed up of being not well. i've had a sore throat/cough/cold thing since saturday & its driving me insane sad.gif

#95296 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 25 March 2007 - 10:19 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(dondon @ Mar 25 2007, 06:58 PM) View Post
Nope, the clocks were moved forward so I was meant to start at 10, and when it was really 10 i thought it was 9 so I thought I still had loads of time left to get to work, thats why I was here. Then I read Sharon's post.

hmmm. thats confused me. see, somebody in my work showed up an hour early, claiming they'd forgotten to change their clock!

#95286 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 25 March 2007 - 05:20 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(dondon @ Mar 25 2007, 09:42 AM) View Post
I forogt to put my clock forward an hour rolleyes.gif and now im late for work, thsnks for reminding me

erm, how? if you forgot to change it, you'd be an hour early, not late!

#97113 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 11 May 2007 - 10:13 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Pete @ May 11 2007, 10:06 PM) View Post
Why not buy the 5 1/2 anyway, and pad them/hope you'll grow into them?

did that yesterday. lovely pair of wee plimsole type shoes in primark. but they only had a 7 or an 8, whereas i'm a size 6. so i just got the 7's. i'll wear an extra pair of socks! & for 3, you can't knock it!

#97222 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 13 May 2007 - 01:01 AM in General Chat

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ May 13 2007, 12:25 AM) View Post
I missed Eurovision. T_T Working.

I have been wondering. I was reading a thing SAAS sent me and it says the non-income assesed loan is 870. Is that all the loan I'm getting? I don't mind having to pay it back but 870 only just covers food, I'll be sleeping in a box.

sounds to me like you've only applied for the non-income assessed part - did you put in details of your parents income? if not then try resubmitting your application with your parents income details in - provided they're ok with you doing that - & you might get more.

if not, then its cos SAAS have decided your parents earn enough to support you through uni so you're only getting the bare minimum loan (i'm pretty sure the minimum amount you get if you're studying away from home is around the 800 and something mark).

#100198 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 29 August 2007 - 02:01 PM in General Chat

i know how you feel about rubbish friends Lindsay. there was a school disco at the Shed on Sunday night, which i've been looking forward to since the last one (beginning of June). friend from work said she'd be up for going, then ditched me cos of a family dinner with her other half. & other friend ditched me for her other half, who she split up with that same night. i was not a happy helen.

#99876 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 26 July 2007 - 12:53 AM in General Chat

just finally opened the dreaded exam results....or rather, my lovely boy did it for me - i'm gonna be a 4th year! scary biscuits!

#99735 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 12 July 2007 - 11:00 PM in General Chat

last time a new Harry Potter movie came out, i was at the 12.05am showing at cineworld! & yes, i did make it to uni for my 9am lecture the next morning!

#99633 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 30 June 2007 - 02:26 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Switch @ Jun 28 2007, 04:08 PM) View Post
Why do I always seem to belong to an uncatered minority?!

Britain needs more small-waist/long-leg trousers!

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Jun 28 2007, 04:50 PM) View Post
And more medium length, wide-waist jeans!

QUOTE(bred @ Jun 28 2007, 05:22 PM) View Post
And more small waist, short leg ones (while we're at it).

so, does anyone actually own jeans that fit?!

#95250 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 24 March 2007 - 02:22 PM in General Chat

i had such a good night last night. out with my best guy mate. was drinking cocktails - bad move when i'm working at half 8 the morning after! work wasn't fun this morning! in my defence though, i did only have 3 cocktails, i think they must have had a huge alcoholic content! another night out tonight, one of the managers from work is leaving. working at 8am tomorrow. think i really should lay off the alcohol tonight....

#94146 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 20 February 2007 - 04:06 PM in General Chat

i know. i was there too.

on another note, how difficult & weird is it when boy mates actually want to talk to you about serious stuff! this mate is usually a very happy kind of person, always having a laugh - really kinda freaked me out when he started talking about serious stuff, i was really rubbish & didn't have a clue what to say huh.gif

#92260 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 21 December 2006 - 06:13 PM in General Chat

i love my pretty new phone. ordered it on tuesday afternoon, it arrived yesterday afternoon. can't fault o2's delivery system can i! the camera on it is amazing - better than my actual camera - and it can do all that 3G stuff. even if i do keep sending people blank texts cos i've got quite got the hang of it yet!

#92334 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 23 December 2006 - 12:22 PM in General Chat

i don't wanna go to work today. its gonna be busy. and we have lots of people off sick these days. its crap

#91581 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 04 December 2006 - 10:10 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 4 2006, 09:55 PM) View Post

I don't have any HSNers in my classes. I suck.

I did see Lesley one day though. So that's almost as cool.

i have no HSNers in my year, never mind in my class!!

man i'm old

#91464 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 02 December 2006 - 08:03 PM in General Chat

which we can't do unless we have the slides......which was kinda the point of getting them from the office!

#91456 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 02 December 2006 - 04:07 PM in General Chat

yep. she started it, all we were doing was asking for something which we were told we were allowed to collect from her. she's always been a moody so-and-so, but she's really taken it too far this time. problem is, getting the slides from her means we get them free, printing them out in the library means buying a print card for 3, & as each acetate costs 5 credits, those 6 slides we need would use up the majority of the credits on the card! doesn't seem fair when we were told we'd be able to geet them from the department.

#92351 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 23 December 2006 - 11:16 PM in General Chat

christmas eve in my work is hell on earth. like, seriously. its every man, woman & child for themselves. we have been known to have fights over turkeys. we'll no doubt be mobbed all day. there's so many "first timers" on checkouts now, people who've never worked a christmas in our place before. they're all gonna get the shock of their lives tomorrow, most of them have never seen every checkout open at once!

#92384 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 26 December 2006 - 06:16 PM in General Chat

well i've had a fabby christmas. finished work on sunday, started feeling a bit not well. carried on regardless & went to church for the midnight service like i usually do, had a thumping headache & was all shivery but really warm. got up yesterday morning about half 10, opened pressies, then went back to bed about 12 until 3, when i got up, sat through dinner & ate about 2 mouthfuls, fell asleep on front of the tv about half 6, woke up at half 7, watched some tv & was in bed by midnight. got up today about 3 & have sat in front of the tv since.

yes, its great fun being not well at christmas

#93946 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 13 February 2007 - 08:59 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(John @ Feb 12 2007, 07:07 PM) View Post
Physics isn't a waste of time.

[awaits broughy to do the backing up happy.gif]

physics is the science of everything. 'nuff said. anyone who needs this explaining to them is clearly thick. without physics, we'd know next to nothing about the world we live in. some people would say thats not a bad thing, but i think its absolutely vital.

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Feb 12 2007, 11:34 PM) View Post
Pfft. Physics is less of a waste of time than those arts subjects. *nose in air*

with you all the way on that one. there might be a few which are worthwhile, but compare the number of arts degrees awarded in a given year with the number of science degrees, & that'll tell you what you really should be doing. & no, i don't mean going with the majority. who wants a degree in something like psychology or sociology when everyone & his wife has one? definitely not me!

QUOTE(dondon @ Feb 13 2007, 08:19 PM) View Post
I have a great answer for your problems, and 2 of mine, we should just kill all the boys, maybe keep a couple in a zoo for reproductive purposes because they are all just far more trouble than they are worth (most of the time)

i whole-heartedly agree!

#92773 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 14 January 2007 - 10:44 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Jan 14 2007, 10:07 PM) View Post

Don't stress about maths. The AB tests are purely evil and you must pretend they don't exist.

never mind AB tests being evil - maths is evil!

#92674 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 11 January 2007 - 02:41 AM in General Chat

agreed. except alcohol. thats a fun drug when you take it right. & caffeine

#92395 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 28 December 2006 - 09:18 PM in General Chat

i want to feel better. i'm fed up of this not being well thing. its rubbish. oh, & i'm currently doing a lovely impression of rudolph the red-nosed reindeer. not attractive.

#91442 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 01 December 2006 - 08:01 PM in General Chat

well. remember me mentioning the talk we had to do on monday? & how my slides got all messed up cos i was given laser printable slides instead of inkjet ones like i asked for? well, i told the lecturer of the class that i'd asked for inkjet ones & wasn't given the right ones, & she said she'd speak 2 the department secretary about it. she did this on monday. when i went up to the office today with one of my mates, we met her on her way out of the office. she asked if we were looking for her, we said yeah, we were wanting overheads for the 12390 talks. she said they wouldn't be available till monday, & i said to my mate "isn't your talk on monday?" he goes "yeah", & office person goes "well, what kind of slides is it you wanted?". my mate replied inkjet, & then office person went "yeah well i hear you were all complaining about the slides from last time". i said "yeah, thats cos they weren't inkjet ones, the ink wouldn't stick to the slide". she replied with "the ones the department get are inkjet & laser printable ones". i said this clearly wasn't the case, & she said "well i'm not giving you any then", so we walked away at that. i emailed the lecturer of the class (the class i had the talk for on monday & the class i have a talk for next week are both run by the same lecturer), & she's basically gone mad at me, says i have to apologise to office woman (though i'm not exactly sure what for as it was her that was rude to us, not the other way round).