broughy's Content

There have been 119 items by broughy (Search limited from 21-May 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#91017 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 16 November 2006 - 06:00 PM in General Chat

everything in this house is complete crap. our shower broke last week, guy came to fix it yesterday but didn't have the part, so its not getting fixed till next week. so Helen has to have manky greasy hair for another week cos hair-washing is so not easy when there's no way of getting running water over your hair. plus my wee baby laptop broke on tuesday, & i have an essay to hand in tomorrow. arghhhhhh!

#91046 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 17 November 2006 - 06:17 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Nov 17 2006, 05:03 PM) View Post

Crap. I did an essay this afternoon - was completely rushed, got it in 2 mins before the deadline. Kind of forgot to read it over. Absolutely tons of spelling mistakes sad.gif

"Another significant are for analysis for Gaelic's decline is the place of GGaleiuc . "

worse...

"Form what we can see, there have been many povements and mressures over the past few centuries that have had a sginificant teganive impact on the Gaelic language. "

sad.gif

och and just noticed in one footnote i've got:
"some book by Derick Thomson - REMEBER TO CHECK"....i never remembered.

darn. tutor is going to think i have more mental problems than I actually do!

lol, i totally did the same thing. my essay, due at 12 today, was finished at 2am this morning, & handed in at 11.57am. essay was complete crap, i think i babbled random nonsense for 930 words! nothing like leaving it till the last minute!

#91054 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 18 November 2006 - 01:31 AM in General Chat

i have just had the best night out in a long time

#91295 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 26 November 2006 - 11:37 PM in General Chat

i have a talk to give in 12 hours. its 10 minutes long. i currently have 3 minutes worth of stuff & have run out of things to talk about. screwed? oh yes!

#91305 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 27 November 2006 - 04:58 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Switch @ Nov 27 2006, 08:16 AM) View Post

QUOTE(broughy @ Nov 26 2006, 11:37 PM) View Post

i have a talk to give in 12 hours. its 10 minutes long. i currently have 3 minutes worth of stuff & have run out of things to talk about. screwed? oh yes!

Acetape slides are your friends. Even if it's a picture/diagram that's only vaguely related to your talk, it still kills a couple of minutes.

Falling on the way to the stage/front of the class, and dropping your notes in the middle of it'll net you some time too. tongue.gif

talk actually ended up being too long, had to cut out a huge big section when i realised i wouldn't actually have time for it!

i must, however, thank the complete idiot in the department office who clearly didn't quite grasp the fact that inkject printer OHP slides have one rough side for the ink to stick to. thanks to her, my slides were lovely & smudgey. she'll be getting a piece of my mind when i go to get my OHP slides for next weeks talk. i hate this 3rd year thing, its all talks & essays mad.gif

#91343 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 29 November 2006 - 02:08 AM in General Chat

QUOTE(Switch @ Nov 28 2006, 10:13 PM) View Post

QUOTE(lesley @ Nov 28 2006, 10:05 PM) View Post

Is it something sorta like..

A friend was in <insert place> and noticed a man drop his bag/purse/whatever and ran up to catch him and give it to him. They get the man and give him said object. He says "one good deed deserves another, don't be in <insert place> on <insert time> and walks away"

?

YES!

I'm working on the rumoured day it's supposed to hit us, but I've heard stuff about Glasgow and Edinburgh too.

What's the deal with it? The whole centre's been warned, and we're supposed to go to work as normal.

someone else i know said something about how they'd been warned about some kind of bomb threat between november 25th & december 25th........its really annoying me now cos i can't remember who said it!

#91356 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 29 November 2006 - 02:07 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Nov 29 2006, 11:18 AM) View Post

I have my exam timetable for January.

I have 5 exams, 3 of which are within 24 hours.

Grrr stupid uni.

for a change, mine are spaced out nicely. 10th, 11th, & 18th. luckily the one on the 11th is not gonna require too much studying. its a miracle, registry have obviously decided to be kinda to me for a change!

#91372 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 29 November 2006 - 08:11 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Nov 29 2006, 02:14 PM) View Post

The one exam I have falls on my birthday! dry.gif

at least its not the day after your birthday. that way you can go out on your birthday & get wasted biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Nov 29 2006, 03:39 PM) View Post

Well I don't have any exams in January.

Ha.

i shall refrain from saying what i think of that. Jamie knows what i think of arts & social sciences tongue.gif

#91377 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 29 November 2006 - 10:49 PM in General Chat

no no, i just mean what i think of first year arts & social sciences. it is a skive. i know because i did arts & social science courses as electives in 1st year!

#91440 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 01 December 2006 - 06:22 PM in General Chat

Helen's not in a good mood. downright pissed off at the useless person that works in the physics department office. if i treated a customer in work they way she spoke to us today, i'd be out of a job. & yes, i have complained to the lecturer of the class concerned, not entirely sure who else i can complain to!

#91442 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 01 December 2006 - 08:01 PM in General Chat

well. remember me mentioning the talk we had to do on monday? & how my slides got all messed up cos i was given laser printable slides instead of inkjet ones like i asked for? well, i told the lecturer of the class that i'd asked for inkjet ones & wasn't given the right ones, & she said she'd speak 2 the department secretary about it. she did this on monday. when i went up to the office today with one of my mates, we met her on her way out of the office. she asked if we were looking for her, we said yeah, we were wanting overheads for the 12390 talks. she said they wouldn't be available till monday, & i said to my mate "isn't your talk on monday?" he goes "yeah", & office person goes "well, what kind of slides is it you wanted?". my mate replied inkjet, & then office person went "yeah well i hear you were all complaining about the slides from last time". i said "yeah, thats cos they weren't inkjet ones, the ink wouldn't stick to the slide". she replied with "the ones the department get are inkjet & laser printable ones". i said this clearly wasn't the case, & she said "well i'm not giving you any then", so we walked away at that. i emailed the lecturer of the class (the class i had the talk for on monday & the class i have a talk for next week are both run by the same lecturer), & she's basically gone mad at me, says i have to apologise to office woman (though i'm not exactly sure what for as it was her that was rude to us, not the other way round).

#91456 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 02 December 2006 - 04:07 PM in General Chat

yep. she started it, all we were doing was asking for something which we were told we were allowed to collect from her. she's always been a moody so-and-so, but she's really taken it too far this time. problem is, getting the slides from her means we get them free, printing them out in the library means buying a print card for 3, & as each acetate costs 5 credits, those 6 slides we need would use up the majority of the credits on the card! doesn't seem fair when we were told we'd be able to geet them from the department.

#91464 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 02 December 2006 - 08:03 PM in General Chat

which we can't do unless we have the slides......which was kinda the point of getting them from the office!

#91465 Conditional/Uncondtional Offers from Universities

Posted by broughy on 02 December 2006 - 08:06 PM in Course Choices

QUOTE(John @ Nov 26 2006, 11:26 PM) View Post

Yeah i dropped out of computer science at strathclyde lol

applyin to glasgow, edinburgh, st andrews, strathclyde, herriot-watt and dundee

all for maths and physics, physics is the main thing though.

there's only one uni to go to if you're gonna be studying physics......

you going to any of the UCAS lunch/dinner thingys? i'm helping out at a few of them, so might see ya there!

#91515 whats the answer

Posted by broughy on 03 December 2006 - 10:55 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Dec 3 2006, 11:32 AM) View Post

Even on a theoretically frictionless slope, the force of gravity would drag the ball down, and there is always one point on the ball that is slightly heavier than the rest of the ball, so it'd want to get down, and as it's a curved surface, it'd have to rotate, and thereby roll to get to the point, but when it get to that point, linear acceleration would be greater than the influence of gravity, so the ball won't be able to stop suddenly, so it'd continue to roll down the slope, despite the lack of friction. I think that if the slope was frictionless, it'd just make the ball slide and roll at the same time, as it can't just slide down a slope.

aye. what he said tongue.gif

#91581 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 04 December 2006 - 10:10 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 4 2006, 09:55 PM) View Post

I don't have any HSNers in my classes. I suck.

I did see Lesley one day though. So that's almost as cool.

i have no HSNers in my year, never mind in my class!!

man i'm old

#91584 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 04 December 2006 - 11:02 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(lesley @ Dec 4 2006, 10:22 PM) View Post

Also, smeday, wedge won't look right through me. I've actually seen that boy all over the shop but as of yet nothing, not even a flicker of the eye =( CRY. SOB. ETC.

oh don't worry, he does it to me too!

#91609 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 05 December 2006 - 03:16 PM in General Chat

i'm such a crap driver. i swear i'm never gonna pass my test. just as i think i'm getting somewhere, i have a day like today where i'm crap sad.gif

#91753 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 07 December 2006 - 05:53 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(John @ Dec 6 2006, 11:13 PM) View Post

Well have you learned your lesson not to leave things to the last minute?

i've had that lesson repeated several times over. yet somehow, it never seems to stick in my head

#91799 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 07 December 2006 - 11:02 PM in General Chat

oh it always happens to me. i think i work better under pressure though. although my marks aren't like, amazing, they're good enough for me!

#91879 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 10 December 2006 - 07:25 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(south lanarkshire jag @ Dec 10 2006, 06:43 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 10 2006, 11:58 AM) View Post

The SHAME.

If I'd got pregnant at fifteen, I would possibly have died.

im sorry but i find this comment offensive

not everyone who gets pregnant and has a kid at 15 are uneducated neds. Sometimes accidents happen. Condoms are only 97% effective you know and i think it is stupid to say that getting pregnant at 15 years old is shameful .

In my uni course there are 3 girls who have had kids at 15 and they are not uneducated neds all 3 were accidents but they feel in their opinion that it has actually enriched their lifes and it has made them more determined to do well so that they can give their kid more in life.

To make a statement saying its shameful makes you seem, in my opinion, snobby and immature

I dont watch hollyoaks but maybe she has not been eating probperly to allow her baby to grow unsure.gif

RANT OVER

and before anyone asks no i didnt have a kid at 15

i think you're being unfair. yes, there's some teen parents who do a really good job. one of my best mates has a daughter who was born when he was 17, & she's gorgeous & him & his ex do seem to do a really good job of being parents. but i'm with Lindsay on this one - if i'd got pregnant at 15 i'd have died. Lindsay never said it was shameful, she commented on how she'd have felt if it'd happened to her. i totally understand this - at 15, i was concentrating on getting through school & getting the grades i needed to get to uni. if i'd got pregnant, that wouldn't have happened, at least not in the forseeable future. so if i'd got pregnant at 15, the world as i know it would have collapsed around me. thats where Lindsay was coming from saying that, i think.

#91900 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 10 December 2006 - 10:32 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(lesley @ Dec 10 2006, 07:46 PM) View Post

Nevermind getting pregnant at 15, i'd be fairly depressed if i got pregnant at 19. I hate weans. THEY LEAVE FAR TOO MUCH MESS.

as would i. except, change that to 20. i can bearly look after myself never mind a kid. don't get me wrong, i love kids, but i also love the fact that they don't belong to me!

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 10 2006, 09:23 PM) View Post

And Switch, I would probably literally have died, my dad would have killed me.

my dad would also have killed me. i'm sure he thinks i've still never so much as held hands with a boy!

#91912 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 10 December 2006 - 11:22 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Dave @ Dec 10 2006, 10:49 PM) View Post

1 litre corsa then

i'm learning in a 1l corsa. my instructor refers to it as a hairdryer with wheels & "L" plates

#91929 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 11 December 2006 - 04:23 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Pete @ Dec 11 2006, 04:19 PM) View Post

I'm rewriting my CV right now so I can hand it in to Asda. Problem is, how the hell do you write a personal statement of why you want to work in a supermarket? blink.gif

you don't. trust me. you want to run as far away as possible from working in a supermarket at this time of year, its hellish.

if, however, my advice hasn't convinced you, you don't want to hand in a CV. you want to go & get a proper application form. places tend to not look at CV's, applications using their proper forms are looked on far more favourably

#91942 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 11 December 2006 - 07:39 PM in General Chat

well i'm all done with uni for this year. ok, i still have to actually go to the classes, but all assignments etc are done. all i have now is studying for the 3 january exams. i'll be failing maths - i always have, why change the habit of a lifetime - but the other 2 should be ok i hope!