Kevin_Kilbane's Content

There have been 348 items by Kevin_Kilbane (Search limited from 26-May 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#61970 What's On Your Mind

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 16 November 2005 - 10:52 PM in General Chat

Uni's certainly a massive transition from school.

There is no-one there telling you what to do, where to go or chasing you up if you miss a class. Your on your own and from day 1 you've got to be there, ready to go.

In saying that, I'm having the time of my life right now. The first Semester has been difficult but I've learnt a lot of things which will make be better prepared for next Semester.

One of the best things I've done was register on www.thestudentroom.co.uk and www.newstudent.org. These are websites where you can meet people going to your choosen Uni's and I'm not ashamed to say that I've met my best mate of one of them!

Uni's difficult in the first few weeks. I didn't make any friends on my course until 2 weeks in after a night out - it's important you go to these but I'm lucky that my course - Accounting - has less than 100 people on it and only 50 turn up for lectures so you really know everyone.

If you meet the right people, get the right course and like where your at then you'll have an amazing time. IMO, Uni can't be compared to school - I don't speak to many people from school and I've only been out with one person from school since leaving in May.

Basically, as your filing your UCAS form out, make sure you pick the University(s) that you'd be comfortable at.

cool.gif

#58877 What's On Your Mind

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 24 October 2005 - 08:24 PM in General Chat

Hetherthington Building?

Is that the Languages one?

If so, its beside the Adam Smith Building. You can either get to it by taking the wee lane at the side of the library which appears dodgey but you end right outside it. Or, take the lane at the QMU then go round to the front of the Adam Smith and its opposite you. Or, at the corner of Byres Road (the corner where Curlers is) walk up past the car park at Ashton Lane and you'll eventually come to it - its got a University of Glasgow sign on it.

#64747 What's On Your Mind

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 29 December 2005 - 12:38 AM in General Chat

I nearly crashed my car I got for 18th on Xmas Eve.

huh.gif

I was driving along Maryhill Road and I didnt notice there were 2 sets of traffic lights. Both were at red but I drove though one of them and a car came out and just avoided me.

Worse thing was...my mum and Dad were behind me.

ph34r.gif

#47238 What's On Your Mind

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 05 August 2005 - 06:33 PM in General Chat

I'm so tired from work its unreal. I've done 3 8am starts, so I had to get up at 6.45 am Tuesday, Thursday and today.

I could barely feel my legs last night and everything felt so slow.

Now, I'm doing my contracted hours over the weekend and 8-6 on Monday.

#20231 Post Your Picture

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 23 April 2005 - 03:42 PM in General Chat

How did you get the job at the Record Lindsay?

#24133 Post Your Picture

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 17 May 2005 - 08:16 PM in General Chat

1.50 at the Union Lindsay - 10 quid will get you plenty of practise tongue.gif

#46723 The Football Thread

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 02 August 2005 - 09:00 PM in General Chat

Amazing performance?! Your having a laugh.

Arty Brataslava are piss, and Celtic - a "football giant" - still can't beat them.

Champions League, YOUR HAVING A LAUGH.

#16327 Introduce Yourself Here!

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 15 March 2005 - 10:37 PM in General Chat

Im Jordan (also known as Jordy, BROON, JB or the Taxi wink.gif).

I am 17 and can't wait to leave school. Its crap. I am doing H Geo, H Accounting and AH Bus Man this year. Was doing H Psyhcology but I dropped it - its a complete joke the open learning course.

I am going to Glasgow Uni (and can't wait) to study Accounting and Economics.

Main interests are Football (Motherwell and Everton), Woman and Beer (although Im not a heavy drinker, freshers week is going to be great. Wink Wink)

#64284 How was your day today?

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 17 December 2005 - 04:05 PM in General Chat

I was at the end of term event at the GU last night called Daft Friday. Its a black tie event from 8pm to 8am with lots of 'big' acts.

Only managed 11 hours, got ripped off when buying a pint of Fun (FIVE QUID huh.gif ) but that was one of the best nights of my life!

#62361 How was your day today?

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 22 November 2005 - 05:07 PM in General Chat

I passed my driving test today with 3 Minors laugh.gif

In a few hours, I'm off to see Franz Ferdinand!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#64339 Calling all those goin to Strathclyde!

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 19 December 2005 - 12:20 PM in Course Choices

QUOTE(Justboy @ Dec 18 2005, 11:47 PM)
Glasgow don't give exemptions from exams sad.gif

View Post

We're a proper Uni though laugh.gif

#40509 Live 8

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 08 July 2005 - 01:32 PM in General Chat

Reading all this rubbish about the police is a good laugh.

The protestors broke into the farmers fields. The police had to get them out incase they got further into Gleneagles. Solution - start wacking the people that don't move.

As for Edinburgh, that march was not planned. The Police had to use heavy handed tactics to ensure everyone followed the law.

#40190 Live 8

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 06 July 2005 - 10:13 PM in General Chat

Did you see that guy and the other protestor starting to argue over why he wasn't protesting peacefully.

He's foolish to think that if he stood there, the police wouldn't have given him a kicking giving the fact he's probably launched a lot of missles at them.

#39151 Live 8

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 03 July 2005 - 09:00 PM in General Chat

While everyone speaks about Africa, is the dire poverty throughout parts of Europe and in Scotland beeing looked at?

No.

#38892 Live 8

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 02 July 2005 - 08:47 PM in General Chat

Why doesn't he, Macca and Bono give some of there many millions or in Macca's case hundred's of millions if they are so "concerned"

Self Help Schemes and better business practices are what are needed as oppose to thinking about Africa once every blue moon.

#38886 Live 8

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 02 July 2005 - 08:37 PM in General Chat

Live 8 has been piss.

Bob Geldof is also a tit.

#40133 Live 8

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 06 July 2005 - 08:16 PM in General Chat

Well Katrina seems to think all the protestors are fun loving and would never harm a fly.

#39235 Live 8

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 04 July 2005 - 10:25 AM in General Chat

Geldof's a rat.

"Oh I want all of Scotland to donate money to MPH".

Is he forgetting Scottish people give more money to charity than any other country in Europe?

If he was to dig deep into his pocket, he'd find a few million lying about which he could donate. Same with most of the Live 8 artists - Madonna, Coldplay, Paul Macca - stop all your pleading crap and donate some of the spare millions you have.

Everyone makes out Africa to be poverty strucken - its not. Yes there is wide spread poverty but there are a lot of rich people there. Geldof should be encouraging self help schemes which with local involvement will work than trying to get as much money as possible to donate to some corrupt Leader.

As for the cause of Aids, perhaps the Catholic church should be encouraging rather than discouraging the use of contraception.

#40129 Live 8

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 06 July 2005 - 07:44 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Katrina @ Jul 6 2005, 06:10 PM)
hello i am just back  from edinburgh where there was a big march today and i just have to sya that the police suck they wind people up! no joke! and give people no choice but to fight back! they just did not handle it well

View Post

laugh.gif

I'm not even going to attempt to argue with you when you see what your fellow friends done today.

#21526 Mood

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 07 May 2005 - 12:14 PM in General Chat

Haha, no I don't really, just Ive been growing my Big Vern haircut for ages.

Then decided to go for Davey Beckham's new one, only for my hair to grow back to in 2 weeks to its orginal Big Vern shape.

#21466 Mood

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 06 May 2005 - 08:05 PM in General Chat

Ach, you might as well dingy them if they are pissing off to some other friends party. They aren't really great friends if they arent going to their "best mate's" 18th which I reckon would be more important.

Besides, in a couple of months you'll be at Uni with a lot of new, "real" friends.

I can't wait to go. A lot of my mates are "fringe friends" and I don't really socialse with them because either I don't get invited or I don't want to sit in a room drinking. While my best mate has no confidence and isn't interested in a bevy (tongue.gif).

Just wait to Uni, you'll meet a lot of good new mates. You might even encounter Jordy "blonde Vernon Kay lookalike" Broon (thats me) at the Union. tongue.gif

#26537 Mood

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 22 May 2005 - 08:57 PM in General Chat

GREAATTT

Motherwell beat Celtic 2-1 laugh.gif and I got a job in WHSmith biggrin.gif

#41854 Mood

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 14 July 2005 - 04:21 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Dave @ Jul 14 2005, 02:36 PM)
But i cannot give u advice cos i have no idea about how girls work

View Post

No man on this earth knows how they work. They're heads are f*cked. Its nice when you get a "victory" over them though wink.gif

#41884 Mood

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 14 July 2005 - 08:38 PM in General Chat

Forgot them both.

They're messing about with you. They're be a woman out there that actually appreciates you.

Lindsay - does this not back up my theory about you's lot wink.gif

#41872 Mood

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 14 July 2005 - 05:54 PM in General Chat

glare.gif

When I met a woman who is "normal" I'll eat my hat.