JAZZA007's Content

There have been 10 items by JAZZA007 (Search limited from 28-November 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#102781 close Reading practices

Posted by JAZZA007 on 20 May 2010 - 03:28 PM in English

In the end for the 2009 exam I got a grade A and I am now finishing 1st year at Uni of Aberdeen :rolleyes: :)
Close Reading : 37
> Critical Essay : 42
>

#102628 Prelim tomorrow, help!

Posted by JAZZA007 on 28 January 2010 - 01:50 PM in Modern Studies

View PostFraser!, on 26 January 2010 - 05:24 PM, said:

Well, tomorrow is my Higher Modern Studies prelim, and I think I'm bricking it enough to build several multi-storey car parks. We're only doing 3 essays and the DME, so the timing shouldn't be too bad if I get my finger out. The thing that's bothering me is the South Africa essay - we haven't yet practised any in class, and I quite frankly have nooo idea what to write. Our teacher said to think about 'divides in South Africa', but that's all. In addition, for the DME, she said to think about child poverty, but I don't have any past papers to which that subject would relate. Does anyone have any helpful statistics, hints, or whatever I could memorise tonight to help me? (My fellow Higher strugglers and) I would really appreciate it :)

Thanks,
Fraser :)

Hi Fraser

If you can give me your email I will send you more help- I got a surprise A last year!
In the meantime look at http://www.bbc.co.uk.../higher/modern/ for revision generally with all topics
http://www.understan...e=Content.show for example essays from actual candidates and explainations to why they got such marks-so useful!
Not forgetting SQA's Modern Studies page http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/3326.html
And this for exam past papers http://www.sqa.org.u...odern%20Studies

Hope this helps :)

#102475 good notes?

Posted by JAZZA007 on 18 September 2009 - 03:56 PM in English

QUOTE (bred @ Sep 16 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.hsn.uk.net/files/HSN41020.pdf Brilliant Assisi Notes that I used when studying Higher English last year and I got an A blink.gif laugh.gif good luck

http://rhsonline.blogspot.com/2007/05/s6-h...12th-floor.html Hotel Room 12th Floor help from Renfrew High tongue.gif

I have the notes if you want I could send them to you huh.gif

#102402 Higher Modern Studies

Posted by JAZZA007 on 20 August 2009 - 03:39 PM in Contribute

A laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

#102396 Biology Notes

Posted by JAZZA007 on 12 August 2009 - 09:30 PM in Biology

QUOTE (stanly8 @ Aug 12 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JAZZA007 @ Aug 12 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (stanly8 @ Aug 12 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JAZZA007 @ Aug 12 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (stanly8 @ Aug 12 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey i am really stuggling to find notes for the whole higher biology course. Can anyone provide me with some good sites or even their own notes? i would be incredibly grateful.

I just hope someone can help solve my problem thank you.

Hey the best possible advice is Higher Biology Course notes covering the entire course or the websites listed above proved excellent for me when I was doing Higher Biology two years ago- I got a B! So my resources must have been good. I know your probably sick and tired but past papers are a wise buy as time and time again the same questions appear like in all subjects. Please e-mail Helingoe@dsl.pipex.com if you need more help. Good luck you'll be fine laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Hey thanks for the help i have had a look at heriott watt scholar but i do not have a username or password and my school isnt using it. Do you have any thoughts on how i can bypass this and use heriott watts scholar????? thanks for help

Try this on the Heriot Watt Scholar Site it gets you access to everything accept reporting(doesnt work anyway) or discussion forum (but I'll help on this much better one- I'm an expert trust me!)

Username schparents
Password warm24key

Glad to help if that doesnt work google Torry Academy who have the entire Scholar Higher Biology Notes for download under departments Biology

Enjoy your summer and biology rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

I am really sorry for causeing you trouble again huh.gif but that password and username do not work the account has expired o you have any other suggestions??

Thank you gratefully for any help you may have!

THat is such a bummer it was working fine until just recently but Tory Academy has all of what would have been on the website in downloadable pdfs by unit. If not if you give me your address I could post some of my own notes to you. tongue.gif

#102394 Biology Notes

Posted by JAZZA007 on 12 August 2009 - 08:36 PM in Biology

QUOTE (stanly8 @ Aug 12 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JAZZA007 @ Aug 12 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey i am really stuggling to find notes for the whole higher biology course. Can anyone provide me with some good sites or even their own notes? i would be incredibly grateful.

Hey the best possible advice is Higher Biology Course notes covering the entire course or the websites listed above proved excellent for me when I was doing Higher Biology two years ago- I got a B! So my resources must have been good. I know your probably sick and tired but past papers are a wise buy as time and time again the same questions appear like in all subjects. Please e-mail Helingoe@dsl.pipex.com if you need more help. Good luck you'll be fine laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Hey thanks for the help i have had a look at heriott watt scholar but i do not have a username or password and my school isnt using it. Do you have any thoughts on how i can bypass this and use heriott watts scholar????? thanks for help

Try this on the Heriot Watt Scholar Site it gets you access to everything accept reporting(doesnt work anyway) or discussion forum (but I'll help on this much better one- I'm an expert trust me!)

Username schparents
Password warm24key

Glad to help if that doesnt work google Torry Academy who have the entire Scholar Higher Biology Notes for download under departments Biology

Enjoy your summer and biology rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

#102391 Introduce Yourself Here!

Posted by JAZZA007 on 12 August 2009 - 01:59 PM in General Chat

Hi My Names's James. Just finished school with 4 A's (one in Higher English, one in Higher Mods and one in Higher Geography one in Int 2 Maths!) 3 B's ( Int 2 English, Higher History and Higher Biology) and two C's ( Higher Italian (appeal) and Higher French). Is anyone going to Aberdeen University Sept 2009 to do Geography-History if so please reply. biggrin.gif

NO MORE NABS OR CRAP PEOPLE WHOO HOO UNI HERE I COME

#102390 Biology Notes

Posted by JAZZA007 on 12 August 2009 - 01:46 PM in Biology

#102354 Exam Results 2009 Official Thred

Posted by JAZZA007 on 06 August 2009 - 12:00 PM in Revision and Exams

I got TWO A'S Modern Studies and enviably English, B in History and D in Italian all at Higher level-Aberdeen Uni here I come WOO HOO laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#102239 Exam 09

Posted by JAZZA007 on 27 May 2009 - 09:26 AM in Modern Studies

How did everyone find the exam this year? rolleyes.gif