Captain_Strat's Content

There have been 4 items by Captain_Strat (Search limited from 01-December 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#102925 What do you hope do with your degree?

Posted by Captain_Strat on 17 June 2010 - 02:43 PM in After School

I'm hoping to get a job in either Computer Security or Forensic Computing. The course I'm doing is supposed to have really good job prospects after uni, and I could get a job in networking or programming too. :)

#102634 Know anything about Abertay?

Posted by Captain_Strat on 18 February 2010 - 11:33 AM in After School

View Postchloebw, on 26 September 2007 - 03:05 PM, said:

I am thinking of applying there. Is it any good?

I know this is an old topic, but I thought I'd reply incase any one else is thinking about Abertay, and saw this :)

Abertay is one of the top Uni's in the UK for its computing courses and pioneered the study of ethical hacking. It's also world renowned for its computer gaming courses.
It also now has a new library, student centre and "white space" area.
Abertay is a vocational uni, meaning that at the end of the day, they are teaching you something that will make it easier to get a job.

If you want to find out more, there's quite a bit on the website. The "About" section has a detailed description of all its facilities too.

http://www.abertay.ac.uk/

Hope this helps :)

#102291 Prefects

Posted by Captain_Strat on 17 June 2009 - 06:53 PM in New Sixth Years

I got Music Prefect smile.gif Sooooo happy biggrin.gif
I'd could never go for head girl, to much speaking involved, plus the pupil vote goes on popularity.
Our school has special 6th year ties. They're really cool. We also have blazers for 5th and 6th year that don't fit sad.gif I bought mine from a different place so it actually fits me.
In 6th year, we're now getting blue beading on the blazer for prefects, a strip in the colour of the house for House Captains and a white strip for head boy/girl.

#102290 Common Rooms

Posted by Captain_Strat on 17 June 2009 - 06:48 PM in New Sixth Years

Our common room is too small tongue.gif We're the biggest 6th year my school has ever had, so we don't all fit in.
It stank a bit when we first moved in but it's getting better. The walls need repainted though, half are lime green and the rest are bright red sad.gif We'll be doing that soon.
We're keeping one wall though, it has been covered with blackboard paint which is kinda cool.
And we have a fridge and a toaster and a kettle. Not that I'll be eating anything made in there tongue.gif
And we also have a x-box and a wii. We even have doors into the quadrangle outside. Only staff and 6th years are allowed in there smile.gif