Glasgow_girl_17's Content

There have been 10 items by Glasgow_girl_17 (Search limited from 16-May 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#48403 Disappointed about my results

Posted by Glasgow_girl_17 on 10 August 2005 - 04:27 PM in Exam Results 2005

My best advice would to be sit some advanced highers. However, you will need excellent grades in them. Glasgow gave conditionals of A in AH english for some of it's applicants - so that's quite tough. They aslo rejected loads of ppl from Glasgow with AAAAA. Although I do know someone who got a conditional with ABBBB.
Also, the average entry requirements for Edinburgh were AAAAB+ last year and didn't take ppl who got these on appeal. Edinburgh is highly competitive - 12 applicants per place.

#21173 Feedstocks

Posted by Glasgow_girl_17 on 03 May 2005 - 06:35 PM in Chemistry

Does anyone know which domestic product at a benzene ring with a C12H25 group is used as an important feedstock for?

Thanks

#19532 AH Physics Paper 2004

Posted by Glasgow_girl_17 on 17 April 2005 - 05:01 PM in Physics

Yes, It doesn't really explain the PP's solution though.

#19529 AH Physics Paper 2004

Posted by Glasgow_girl_17 on 17 April 2005 - 04:40 PM in Physics

Anyone got a clue about the past paper solution saying that constructive interference = (n+ 1/2) lambda, do you think they have taken 'n' as an integer rather than the refractive index ?

#19522 AH Physics Paper 2004

Posted by Glasgow_girl_17 on 17 April 2005 - 03:02 PM in Physics

Are Physics candidates supposed to be given a data booklet !?!
I have never heard about this - is there anything else I should have been given and will we be able to use this booklet in the exam and NABs ?

#19507 AH Physics Paper 2004

Posted by Glasgow_girl_17 on 17 April 2005 - 12:18 PM in Physics

Yes, I thought that was the answer too. However, the solutions state that for constructive interference Optical Path Difference = (n+0.5)x lambda. Surely 'n' represents the refractive index rather than an integer. Is this an error of the SQA's part ?

#19492 AH Physics Paper 2004

Posted by Glasgow_girl_17 on 16 April 2005 - 09:48 PM in Physics

Thanks, I got the answer but I done it a different way from you. Taking m=o, and m= +/- 5, and dividing the distance by 2. Which is the same, I guess.

Have you done question 11(iii) in the 2003 Exam ? My course notes (both Scholar and other) have no examples like this. Is it a problem solving question? Any help would be great.

Has everyone finished their Investigations ?

Thanks.

#19440 AH Physics Paper 2004

Posted by Glasgow_girl_17 on 16 April 2005 - 04:56 PM in Physics

In question 139(a) should the separation of the fringes be calculated by dividing the separation for 11 fringes /11 ? To get the answer given in the PP solutions you would have to use the separation for the 11 fringes. Is there an error or am I over-looking something ?

#19128 Advanced Higher English: General Course Discussion

Posted by Glasgow_girl_17 on 14 April 2005 - 03:45 PM in English

smile.gif
hey, thanks for your replies (plus sorry it took me so long to reply). My class is also studying Tennessee Williams - which seems to be very popular amongst us Advanced Higher English candidates ! tongue.gif We've sat our prelim and all the NABS ( literature, textual analysis and I believe the dissertation is the third. What are you guys doing to prepare for the exam, I know most of you are just doing the literature paper on the day, lucky you!

btw, Arizona_night, you are practically sitting the same advanced highers as me this year, what is it your planning on doing next year ?

#15841 Advanced Higher English: General Course Discussion

Posted by Glasgow_girl_17 on 06 March 2005 - 07:00 PM in English

Hi,
I'm sitting Advanced Higher English this year and I was wondering what stage other schools are at. My school has not run this subjects for a few years so I'm wondering what texts your covering and what stage you are all at with dissertations. Any help is appreciated.