broughy's Content

There have been 119 items by broughy (Search limited from 26-October 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100547 Deleting myself

Posted by broughy on 16 November 2007 - 12:04 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Switch @ Nov 7 2007, 09:37 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Lindsay @ Nov 3 2007, 10:07 AM) View Post
I haven't needed HSN since I did Higher Maths which was, erm... Three years ago.

God. I'm a loser.

I can beat you there!

I only started posting on HSN after my very last exam. ^^

yeah, i'm the same!

#100392 help!

Posted by broughy on 08 October 2007 - 02:31 PM in General Chat

right guys, i need opinions from all you computer-science type people out there! as some of you will know i'm in 4th year of a physics degree, which means its honours project time! one of the options (the one i'm most interested in) involves programming in java. now, i've never done any java before, & i'm wondering if its something that i could pick up without to much bother, or if it'll become the bane of my existance over the next 6 months & i should therefore run as fast as possible in another direction! so yeah, any opinions would be useful!

#100349 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 27 September 2007 - 05:49 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(floss @ Sep 27 2007, 11:37 AM) View Post
Is it usually this cold in September? Maybe I'm just loosing my mind but I really don't remember having to de-ice the car last September blink.gif.

i know, been thinking that myself. but last winter was fairly warm as they go, so maybe we're due a freezing cold one this year!

#100319 UCAS - Only 5 Choices?

Posted by broughy on 19 September 2007 - 08:36 PM in After School

QUOTE(babeasc @ Sep 18 2007, 11:17 AM) View Post
Thats just as well because I could only find 4 courses I want, and at least I now only have one more to figure out!

you don't have to fill all your choices you know! i know someone who only applied to 2!

#100305 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 17 September 2007 - 12:06 AM in General Chat

QUOTE(Paul @ Sep 16 2007, 09:43 PM) View Post
hahahaha weiiird! wot tesco? barrhead or pollok? i just stay up the road from the pollok one!

kl...

soooo...

ANY1 WANT TUTORED?!

the pollok one, lol. i'm in there far too often with the other half - we always seem to get the munchies at random times!

#100301 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 16 September 2007 - 02:41 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Paul @ Sep 16 2007, 12:30 PM) View Post
wellllll...

tutorin has been on my agenda recently over the past 2 weeks... my teachin tutor advised all of the class to try n tutor a few pupils in the lead up to and durin our placements to help with one to one communication in the classroom...so i have been advertisin in tesco and the likes and my old school aswell...no luck so far!

lol, i saw your advert in tesco! thats why i was asking, for some weird reason i thought i knew of someone doing maths with teaching, & turns out i was right!

#100297 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 16 September 2007 - 12:07 AM in General Chat

Paul! very random question....do you by any chance do tutoring? sorry, really a very random question, but i do have a reason for asking!

#100261 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 12 September 2007 - 10:51 PM in General Chat

i feel old. i'm gonna be a 4th year in a few weeks. but actually, that suits me just fine, cos it means only a year till i get to leave uni & the course that i hate behind biggrin.gif

#100198 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 29 August 2007 - 02:01 PM in General Chat

i know how you feel about rubbish friends Lindsay. there was a school disco at the Shed on Sunday night, which i've been looking forward to since the last one (beginning of June). friend from work said she'd be up for going, then ditched me cos of a family dinner with her other half. & other friend ditched me for her other half, who she split up with that same night. i was not a happy helen.

#100079 Pharmacy (MPharm)

Posted by broughy on 11 August 2007 - 01:43 AM in After School

definitetly - i have a friend who got an unconditional for strathy with 2 A's, 2 B's & a C, the A's being physics & computing, B's maths & chemistry & C in english!

#99876 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 26 July 2007 - 12:53 AM in General Chat

just finally opened the dreaded exam results....or rather, my lovely boy did it for me - i'm gonna be a 4th year! scary biscuits!

#99735 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 12 July 2007 - 11:00 PM in General Chat

last time a new Harry Potter movie came out, i was at the 12.05am showing at cineworld! & yes, i did make it to uni for my 9am lecture the next morning!

#99633 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 30 June 2007 - 02:26 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Switch @ Jun 28 2007, 04:08 PM) View Post
Why do I always seem to belong to an uncatered minority?!

Britain needs more small-waist/long-leg trousers!

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Jun 28 2007, 04:50 PM) View Post
And more medium length, wide-waist jeans!

QUOTE(bred @ Jun 28 2007, 05:22 PM) View Post
And more small waist, short leg ones (while we're at it).

so, does anyone actually own jeans that fit?!

#99614 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 28 June 2007 - 02:02 PM in General Chat

picture the scene. i am in my work, in the kiosk, which is straight in front of the door as you go in.

customer: can you tell me where the customer service desk is please?
me: yep, sure, just along at the end there, whilst thinking to myself "yep, under that f***n massive sign that says "customer service", you might well find the customer service desk there".

customers are so completely thick sometimes

#99561 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 23 June 2007 - 08:58 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 23 2007, 09:09 PM) View Post
I've checked Pegasus about six times a day since I got back from my holidays They're not there. No one doing LASS has them yet.

i thought thats what Lesley was doing? however, if nobody from your faculty's had them yet, my bet is that the LASS exam board just hasn't met yet!

#99556 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 23 June 2007 - 07:13 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 23 2007, 05:18 PM) View Post
Look what I got in the post from uni today:

Dear Miss Cochrane

I write on behalf of the Board of Examiners and the Faculty to compliment you on your very fine academic performance at the recent diet of examinations.

I wish you the very best for next session.

Yours sincerely
Neil Hutton
Dean
Faculty of Law, Arts and Social Sciences

Now, that's lovely and I am delighted that I'm clever enough to get a letter from the dean of the faculty but WHAT ARE MY STUPID RESULTS?!!! I still don't know what I actually GOT for everything. I'm presuming I've passed by the way old Neill Hutton's going on.

I'm getting a bit naffed off about not knowing now.

er, this may be stating the obvious, but i assume you've looked on pegasus?

#99535 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 22 June 2007 - 12:59 AM in General Chat

oh help. i'm not liking the fact that all you strathclyders have exam results. that means mine might be up aswell

#99446 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 18 June 2007 - 04:23 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(John @ Jun 18 2007, 05:20 PM) View Post
Just get over and done with, there is worse places they can poke around.

gotta ask - where, exactly?

#99440 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 18 June 2007 - 02:08 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(tuppence @ Jun 18 2007, 11:36 AM) View Post
Nobody gets to prod around at me like that. Not without at least buying me a drink first.

(Did I just say that? Oh dear!)

lol! love it!

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jun 18 2007, 02:20 PM) View Post
ohmy.gif Baby!

But see what if something was wrong doon below?

Hmm, I sometimes wonder if I'd be too scared or embarassed to go to the doctor to get checked up even if I did have the feeling that something was wrong. unsure.gif

Anyway.

yeah, with you on that one. but see, down in England they've changed the age to 25 for sending letters for "those" tests, because apparently they have the highest chance of getting a false result, ie. there's a higher chance that it'll flag up as being something wrong when in actual fact there's nothing wrong at all, if you get what i mean. so it kinda makes you think "well why should i bother then".

notice how we've scared away all the guys? lol

#99435 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 17 June 2007 - 11:47 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jun 18 2007, 12:16 AM) View Post
QUOTE(broughy @ Jun 17 2007, 07:30 PM) View Post
QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jun 17 2007, 01:25 AM) View Post
Eeewwww.

I dread that letter. Methinks I'll rip it up.

i've had 2 letters like that. aren't i lucky

Just write back and say "i dont have a cervix".

Thats what I plan to do. ph34r.gif

lol!

or just follow my wonderful example & ignore! i realllllly don't like doctors. or dentists. or opticians for that matter.

#99430 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 17 June 2007 - 06:30 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jun 17 2007, 01:25 AM) View Post
Eeewwww.

I dread that letter. Methinks I'll rip it up.

i've had 2 letters like that. aren't i lucky

#99401 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 15 June 2007 - 01:49 PM in General Chat

when i was in 4th year a wee 1st year boy memorised pi to 50 decimal places. given that first years probably don't even know the significance of pi, that is what i'd call the ultimate geek!

#99250 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 07 June 2007 - 08:15 PM in General Chat

i really shouldn't be allowed anywhere near shops......

#99019 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 31 May 2007 - 12:07 PM in General Chat

don't even get me started on the Madeline McCann story. i shall suffice to say her parents are clearly complete twats to leave their toddlers in a holiday apartment on their own - how hard is it to take them out in their buggy & let them sleep while you're eating? anyways.

whats really on my mind today is that EXAMS ARE FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!

#97222 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 13 May 2007 - 01:01 AM in General Chat

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ May 13 2007, 12:25 AM) View Post
I missed Eurovision. T_T Working.

I have been wondering. I was reading a thing SAAS sent me and it says the non-income assesed loan is 870. Is that all the loan I'm getting? I don't mind having to pay it back but 870 only just covers food, I'll be sleeping in a box.

sounds to me like you've only applied for the non-income assessed part - did you put in details of your parents income? if not then try resubmitting your application with your parents income details in - provided they're ok with you doing that - & you might get more.

if not, then its cos SAAS have decided your parents earn enough to support you through uni so you're only getting the bare minimum loan (i'm pretty sure the minimum amount you get if you're studying away from home is around the 800 and something mark).