wikked-dfc's Content

There have been 19 items by wikked-dfc (Search limited from 09-August 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#90959 Dundee Uni

Posted by wikked-dfc on 13 November 2006 - 09:37 PM in After School

Well said

Dundee is amazing

by far the best uni i visited and so glad it happened to be in my home town.

so close to everything

an hour for lunch still gives you time to eat practically anything you want, union, o briens, greggs, kfc, mcdonalds, subway, indian fast takeaway, panini and sandwich place, sandwich and baked potato place etc.

can go to union then walk 5 minutes to the best nightclub in dundee or one of dozens of nearby pubs.

the people (ie me) are amazing so they are

so much fun

and nowhere has a better halloween party

end of

#87194 which e-social class are you in

Posted by wikked-dfc on 10 August 2006 - 12:54 AM in General Chat

Haha I love this

I got the same as the second adn third posters on here.

Apparantly i don't take part in on-line things, so why even have us in the online checker thing?
My limit is a mobile even when I'm on the computer and both my parents use them at work and I have adv higher Computer.
Who made this up?
I think its becasue there are maybe half young people, half really old people in the area, but my neighbour buys all computer magazines and built his own computer.
That was funny though

#87190 Freshers Week

Posted by wikked-dfc on 09 August 2006 - 11:28 PM in Student Life

Can't wait for Mine

Dundee have Zane Lowe(Oh wait I think, may need to check that one) Colin Murray, Fearne Cotton, Holly Willoghby, ROY WALKER-To Present Catchphrase, a pirate night, a Club Med night(ie Club 18-30, in the union)Karaoke, QUizes etc and a couple of days where things are just given away, I can't wait although the pass is 40 which seems dearer than the rest although a few nights are 8 and most events are 4 or 5

#87189 Part time/ full time jobs

Posted by wikked-dfc on 09 August 2006 - 11:15 PM in Student Life

AAAAAAARGH
I need a job now
decided now since its actually sunk in now that School is over and I;m down to my last couple of hundred from birthday i need a job.
Anyone know of good places in Dundee lol looking for jobs. I should be more prepared but then again i got my summer job last year in October, working in Next til the sale when they let me go, two days before(yes i was let go on xmas eve haha) cos I spoke to much and they had to cut down hours and i was an obvious choice lol

#87188 Grade Boundaries 2006

Posted by wikked-dfc on 09 August 2006 - 11:06 PM in Computing

So that explains the A

#87187 Results Thread

Posted by wikked-dfc on 09 August 2006 - 11:00 PM in Exam Results 2006

1. What you got
Higher Spanish-A
Higher Busiman-A
Adv Computing-A

2. Did you meet your expectations
haha, and then some, lets just say since January school work hasnt been the most important thing, such as most homework done as group activity in common room period before class, I had like 18 free periods and computing I never went to since it was at another school for the last few months exept to hand things in
3. If not will you appeal?
N/A
4. What are you plans now?
Uni, Can't wait, freshers less than 5 weeks now and I';m gonna get wasted the whole week, can't wait
5. How do you plan on celebrating?
Day of Drinking on Friday before an 18th then club then on to a house party. Kinda celebrated failing on sunday night got absolutely wasted, forgot half the night but whatever, was all pointless, well not really since i was drunk but you know what i mean

#77704 Goodbye 6th year

Posted by wikked-dfc on 10 May 2006 - 11:59 PM in New Sixth Years

So after 13 Long years, School finished for me today

seemed strange, I thought I shoulda felt something but I never

We had a massive Egg, Water, flour, batter mix and shower gel fight at the park, got totally covered, it dried in, it was minghing. Had last class with year head who was moany at first cos we had trashed the common room which ended up being locked, then she was close to tears cos we were all leavin.

Can't believe that 13/18ths of my life so far are over now and the rest is about to begin.

Think it will finally hit me when the schools go back after the exams and i realise I wont ever be going back to my school again and seeing everyone everyday.

Anyone else saddened by the end of school

#75400 The School Day

Posted by wikked-dfc on 18 April 2006 - 08:01 PM in New Sixth Years

Today was fun

Had regi from ten to 9 til 9
Then a free period from 9 til ten to 10
then spanish from ten to 10, until quarter to 11,
Then went home, got changed, picked up people from school
went to the park to roll eggs and have a picnic, pwdal boats and childrens park toys lol
went in town
went home at quarter past 3!

Usually my days (exept tuesdays) just involve me sitting in the common room with all the banter for at least 2 periods, usually 3 a day and classes for the other periods unless Im driving to my other school for computing. ITs brilliant totally lovin these last few weeks of school I can just tell they are going to be great cos I have absolutely no pressure for any work or that so its just a social event for me now.Can't believe only 4 weeks til the end of school its so sad but also happy times too. I'll soon be able to go out and it wont be illegal anymore and i can go out more during the week to save money lol!

#75396 Programming forum

Posted by wikked-dfc on 18 April 2006 - 07:52 PM in Computing

HELP.

Im using this strawberry prolog and I have no idea what Im meant to do.

What do I open if i want to enter a new knowledge base, strawberry project or prolog file?

Once I type it in is there an end statement to be entered?
Where do i type in the sentences that start with ? eg ?mountain(etc) cos Im totally stuck with it, I got it home and have been totally stuck with it cos I'v not actually been shown how to use it.

Thanx please help

#72227 What are you listening to?

Posted by wikked-dfc on 16 March 2006 - 11:46 PM in General Chat

Ms Dynamite-Put Him OUt

#72226 Driving Test

Posted by wikked-dfc on 16 March 2006 - 11:29 PM in General Chat

MIne was about 45 minutes but some people taking their test at the same time as me were just arriving after the examiner had told me i passed and went threw my minors and then my instructor went on bout them again, so a good 10/15minutes later.

15 minors isnt a fail unless 3 are in the same area. If you have 3 minors in hesitation for example then u fail so it may have been that.

Im so glad i passed first time cos i couldnt handle failin, i would be crushed an not able to try again lol. Altho i thot i had failed after the test, was shocked to have passed.

#72225 Who is going to Dundee?

Posted by wikked-dfc on 16 March 2006 - 11:25 PM in Course Choices

MOi, dunno what im doin yet, got 6 to chose from lol, think it should be finance or accountancy since iv kinda got sick of computing

#72224 University Applicants: Sept 2006 Entry

Posted by wikked-dfc on 16 March 2006 - 11:24 PM in Course Choices

Definitely going to Dundee since i only applied to it since I live in dundee, dont want to move/dont think im mature enough to look after myself lol and although there are two unis in dundee, one of them has a reputation round these parts so Dundee Uni was the only option.

Now i have to decide which of my 6 unconditionals to take lol. I think advanced computing has put me off computing for life so its now looking like Finance or Accountancy for me.

#72223 Projects - not got a clue

Posted by wikked-dfc on 16 March 2006 - 11:15 PM in Computing

Is anyone finished.

I have until monday so it can be marked adn sent away for monday for the sqa deadline. Does anyone know if that includes the evaluation part or not?

HOpe to god it doesnt

#69417 Anyone going to Abertay?

Posted by wikked-dfc on 16 February 2006 - 12:17 AM in Course Choices

I found the business school terrible personally.

Found it strange that all of the courses have the same first year and you don't go into your own course until second year.Also the accounts course doesn't let you miss many of the prefessional exams like other unis do, just seemed rather amateurish, but thats just me.

#69416 Conditional/Unconditional Offers From Uni...

Posted by wikked-dfc on 16 February 2006 - 12:15 AM in Course Choices

Has anyone else heard from all their options yet? I have heard back with 6 unconditionals.

My friends all heard back from St. Andrews and Edinbburgh yesterday and got unconditionals, don't you think you find out too early and UNconditionals make you care less about your school work. I do.

#69415 What Highers/Advanced Highers would you recommend?

Posted by wikked-dfc on 16 February 2006 - 12:13 AM in New Sixth Years

Higher Accounts, Its a great course, ask anyone who has sat it and its really hard to get less than a B for since You get loadsa marks just for copying numbers out of the question.

#69414 And So It Begins....

Posted by wikked-dfc on 16 February 2006 - 12:09 AM in New Sixth Years

Anyone planning on going to Dundee?

I only applied to dundee since I don't want to move away and I found 6 possible courses I wanted to do here, well actually 5 and I didnt want to leave a space or apply to abertay so i chose another similar course.

I have heard back and have 6 unconditionals but does anyone else plan on going to dundee, particularly the accounts/finance department? I also applied to 2 computing degrees but I have gone well off computing since applying so I amen't really considering them.

ALso does anyone with unconditionals now feel that school(well mainly the work side of it) is pointless and are just going through the motions, I feel like that and i really don't care what i get this year I'm now only stayin on for the social side like the common room and seeing everyone everyday. anyone else?

#69413 Prelim Results

Posted by wikked-dfc on 16 February 2006 - 12:05 AM in New Sixth Years

Well my prelims start next wednesday and I have to start studying.

My Ucas predictions were A for business management, B for Spanish(To be safe, dont know who my teacher is tryin to kid, and B for advanced higher computing(again to be safe) but since they were sent away, I have heard from the uni and i really don;t care that much about the prelims,I'm only stayin on now for the social side eg common room and 6th year dance etc. Anyone else feeling the same