allybally's Content

There have been 24 items by allybally (Search limited from 27-November 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#101022 Urgent study help

Posted by allybally on 25 April 2008 - 10:03 PM in Geography

Does anyone hav a geo study I can have a look at to see how it's supposed to be layed out? I'm interested to see what they look like because mine is just a jumble and I don't think I've done it right.

Mine is on soil types - if any1 has a soil study I could see that'd be great!

#100895 NAB on finance and hrm

Posted by allybally on 20 March 2008 - 07:07 PM in Business Management

has anyone done the NAB on finance and HRM? What kind of things are in it? I have mine tomorrow ph34r.gif

#100041 Higher 'bands'

Posted by allybally on 07 August 2007 - 08:24 PM in Exam Results 2007

-.- -.- -.-

I just got an email from some friend saying "Oh my God Ally, guess what, I got 3 A band 1's!"

How does she know? I don't like this bigheadedness already, I was dead chuffed with my 5 A's.

#100012 Higher 'bands'

Posted by allybally on 07 August 2007 - 09:33 AM in Exam Results 2007

Thanks Michael, as I sat here and thought about what I just asked I realised I'd asked someone that before. I think I'm going crazy!

I don't care about bands, A's are A's in my books!

*does happy dance*

#100009 Higher 'bands'

Posted by allybally on 07 August 2007 - 09:04 AM in Exam Results 2007

Morning!

I have heard people talking about getting "An A Band 1". blink.gif Now forgive my total noobishness, how can you tell? I remember reading on the BBC website last year about a guy who was dissapointed because he got an A band 2 in amoungst his A band 1's. But.....what are these? And how can you tell which band of anything you were?!

If the answer is incredibly obvious please give me a slap round the face, I'm tired tongue.gif

Ally
x

#99942 SQA Results Online

Posted by allybally on 06 August 2007 - 04:55 AM in Exam Results 2007

Wow, thats fantastic Michael!

I can't believe it - I've got 5 A's!!!!!!!! I'm shaking, I'm sure they must have made some kind of mistake, I can't believe I've actually got my 5 A's!

#99939 SQA Results Online

Posted by allybally on 06 August 2007 - 12:02 AM in Exam Results 2007

I know if I go to bed the results will come up. Then when I do go to bed, I lie awake thinking "Oh my god, I bet they are up now". I'm a silly billy.

I do feel we have been badly informed about times - there is absolutely nothing on the SQA page. Ok, so the sensible thing would be to go to bed and just find out at 9am, but many of us would really like to find out now. It would have been nice to have been told, even roughly, when they would be up. Saves this waiting, and wait and see, they won't come up until 9am anyway.

#99933 SQA Results Online

Posted by allybally on 05 August 2007 - 11:29 PM in Exam Results 2007

I did that - as it 'loaded' I thought "Oh my god I'm not ready for my results, what am I thinking, I'm only 16, it's midnight, I'm tired, oh my god save me!". Then it didn't work and all was calm.

I don't think I'll have the energy to get up at 4am. I'll have to slither downstairs and probably fall asleep before I reach the office.

#99931 SQA Results Online

Posted by allybally on 05 August 2007 - 11:09 PM in Exam Results 2007

Good luck all!

I clicked on Results Online just after midnight and it wasn't working (Couldn't find server) and I thought for a minute they were going to give me my results now. But then it just returned to that message. God, this is nervewracking stuff, now I'm talking rubbish!

#99840 SQA Results Online

Posted by allybally on 22 July 2007 - 10:12 PM in Exam Results 2007

I was wondering that too, Nicky. I've looked all over the SQA site but can't find anything about times.

I just hope it doesnt crash with SO many people using it. That'd be pretty pants.

#99822 The Final Harry Potter Book

Posted by allybally on 21 July 2007 - 08:44 PM in General Chat

But not really - I've not read like, the last 3, but with all the media hype even I want to know how it ends. The library won't have it in stock for agggges, plus it'd be a bit weird to read it not having read the last few.

Guess I'll find out someday.

#99820 The Final Harry Potter Book

Posted by allybally on 21 July 2007 - 08:41 PM in General Chat

-sobs- No one wants to tell Ally what happened? Via PM? -hides in corner-

#99816 The Final Harry Potter Book

Posted by allybally on 21 July 2007 - 06:44 PM in General Chat

Could somebody please PM me what happens at the end? I'm not a big Harry Potter fan and don't intend on buying the book (or at least, not for a while) but curiosity has got the better of me and I'd love to know what happens! But please, message me, don't post it here!

Ally x

#99114 Confused - English v. Scottish system

Posted by allybally on 02 June 2007 - 07:03 PM in After School

Many thanks both of you - that's helped me a lot!

#99094 Confused - English v. Scottish system

Posted by allybally on 01 June 2007 - 10:40 PM in After School

Hey guys

I'm totally confused.

The uni I want to go to is down in England. The website and prospectus doesn't give the Scottish requirements ( mad.gif ), all it has is the english ones. But I'm totally confused about what scottish qualifications equal what english qualifications!

It says I need -
200 points or more, including a minimum of two A2 level passes (normally CCE or BB) - what do A2 levels equal in Scottish terms? And are the 200 points taken from my Highers, or SG's and Highers, or AH's too?!

A GCSE pass in a modern language - I presume that equals a SG pass at a modern language, which is ok because I got a 1 in german

A science subject is prefered at A Level - Do A Levels roughly equal Scottish AH's? I'll hopefully be taking AH Geography and Biology anyway, but I just wanted to check.

So, in short, I'd love to know what A Levels/A2 levels/ AS levels roughly equal in Scottish terms. I know that the uni will consider me on an individual basis (roughly), but I'd love to know what all this english stuff means anyway, so I know I'm not making the wrong choices.

I'm confused!
Ally xx

#98713 AH Biology after taking Higher Human

Posted by allybally on 28 May 2007 - 12:37 PM in Biology

Thank you very much for your reply, you've really helped put my mind at rest. Think I'll go for Biology now! (well, we'll wait and see for the exam results, but all going well lol!)

#98647 AH Biology after taking Higher Human

Posted by allybally on 27 May 2007 - 09:01 PM in Biology

Evening all

I take Higher Human Biology at the moment (I'm in 5th year) and I have to say I love it and I'm rather good at it (might not be saying that when my results come in but thats another story tongue.gif )

I would love to take Advanced Higher Biology next but I'm worried that I won't have a clue. Is it a big disadvantage not to have taken Higher Biology and will I be ok with my Higher Human? I'm worried that I get in there and will be out of my depth with all the plants etc because I never took Biology, or is there an ok mix of the 2 subjects? Has anyone on here taken AH Biology after taking Human Biology before? What did you think of it?

Thanks for all advice
Ally xx

#97110 How did you find the exam?

Posted by allybally on 11 May 2007 - 10:08 PM in English

I talked about a character not living in harmony with their society for Gatsby - think it was question 8. To be honest, I felt there was 2 I could have done on Gatsby, there wasn't any point I though 'Oh Crap, there's nothing to write!'

#97107 Voting systems v voting behaviour

Posted by allybally on 11 May 2007 - 10:06 PM in Modern Studies

Yannica that would be fantastic, thanks.

I just find I don't really know what I'm talking about - I don't have any case studies for wealth and health and generally find it hard.

#97091 Voting systems v voting behaviour

Posted by allybally on 11 May 2007 - 08:54 PM in Modern Studies

Thanks for your replies

I'd like it to be voting behaviour but he says it's unlikely, and because it's a 'new' exam, they're most likely to go for voting systems blink.gif But obviously I'll revise both - I hate voting systems, it's so boring, but I do find it quite easy to write about. It's Health and Wealth that I really can't do!

Al x

#97087 Voting systems v voting behaviour

Posted by allybally on 11 May 2007 - 08:28 PM in Modern Studies

My modern studies teacher says he thinks that voting systems are more likely to be examined this year than voting behaviour - what do you guys think? Obviously I will revise both, but do you think there is a strong likelyhood they'll ask about voting systems rather than voting behaviour?

I'm scared crapless about this mods exam ph34r.gif

Al x

#96892 Just Wanted To Say..

Posted by allybally on 10 May 2007 - 03:44 PM in English

Thanks Pete, but I'll just stick to the 2 texts I've got. I'm not feeling very confident (I just can't seem to remember the quotes, if I only try to learn like, 15, then I feel I haven't learnt enough!) but I'll keep working and see what happens. I just hope there's a question for them! (Don't we all!!)

#96875 Just Wanted To Say..

Posted by allybally on 10 May 2007 - 02:38 PM in English

I only have 2 texts....we never even studied a third or fourth....now I'm worried! mellow.gif

#96869 Antony and Cleopatra

Posted by allybally on 10 May 2007 - 01:44 PM in English

Hi there

I'm doing Antony and Cleopatra as my drama for tomorrow's exam. I'm not finding it too difficult but I've got myself all worried about what I'm revising ph34r.gif

So far, I've looked at-
Themes - Reason versus emotion (especially with Antony)
Clash of values (Roman versus Egyptian)

Cleopatra's use of imagery
Symbolism (the clouds, the asps, the ships)
Scenes - The first scene, Antony's death, Cleopatra's death and the argument between Enobarbus and Cleo (when Antony decides to fight at sea)

What else should I be looking at? And what/how many quotes should I be learning? I'm paranoid a good question comes up but I don't have any quotes to answer it with!

Help, and good luck for tomorrow! (I know I'll certainly need it!)

Ally