Angel-Light's Content

There have been 10 items by Angel-Light (Search limited from 22-January 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100488 Did you get an appeal?!

Posted by Angel-Light on 31 October 2007 - 05:03 PM in New Sixth Years

Sadly I never got my English appeal so I still have got my C.

So far I have BBCD (never had any appeal material for my 'D' in Geography :l) but hopefully I'll get 2 Bs at the least biggrin.gif

#99967 Official Exam Results 2007 Thread!

Posted by Angel-Light on 06 August 2007 - 09:19 AM in Exam Results 2007

1. Highers:

Computing - B
Maths - B
English - C
Geography - D

Int 2:

Chemistry - A

2. Overwhelmed as I thought I failed both Maths and Computing, not fussed about Geography

3. Will probs appeal for English but I don't understand if I need to ask my teacher or what not. No point with Geography as I hate the subject and have no appeal material xD

4. Stay on for my 6th year to get 2 more Highers then possible aim for college and then aim for uni!

5. Sleeping atm, have had 3 hours sleep but may go out to cinema later with my family cool.gif

#98850 Exam Post Mortem

Posted by Angel-Light on 28 May 2007 - 10:38 PM in Geography

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ May 28 2007, 09:50 PM) View Post
I said census and went into details of how it was carried out (I guess that start of year concentration was good for something) and then mentioned vital registrations.

2 hours, worse than me.
Was computing 2 and a half hours? We had some people in doing it at the same time becuase they had another exam in the after noon. They were eating their lunch for part of paper 2, I think one had egg sandwiches, the exam hall smelt eggy.

Yup it was, I got a 50 minute break for lunch though so my daddy very kindly picked me up and took me home for lunch tongue.gif Thank God for the bank holiday I say cool.gif

I couldn't remember how to spell the word census! I felt so silly in the exam dry.gif

#98788 Exam Post Mortem

Posted by Angel-Light on 28 May 2007 - 06:53 PM in Geography

It was ok.. it drained me physically though(thanks to my sister I only for 2 hours kip last night mad.gif)

Paper one was ok, I couldn't remember how to spell census hehe laugh.gif

Paper two I'm still a bit iffy about, one of the questions in Development and Health I had to make up off the top of my head as I couldn't remember doing it in class.

Last night I was more worried about Geography but I felt it was much easier than my tiring Computing exam sad.gif

#98785 Today's Computing Exam

Posted by Angel-Light on 28 May 2007 - 06:46 PM in Computing

It was a good paper from what I remember of it. Few questions I struggled with until I figured out you had to work backwards tongue.gif

I suppose I get like that after only having 2 and a half hours sleep and then sitting a Higher Geography exam in the morning! That's life.

We did multimedia at my school and I don't think the teacher was all that great at explaining it to us really.. may scrape a B -fingers crossed-

#97982 Poetry

Posted by Angel-Light on 18 May 2007 - 03:22 PM in English

My two poems were:
  • King Billy by Edwin Morgan
  • Glasgow Green by Edwin Morgan
Prose:
  • The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark
Drama:
  • Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
So glad I am finished with english, will never forget the day we got introduced to 'Glasgow Green' -shudders- sick.gif

#97969 Computing 2007

Posted by Angel-Light on 18 May 2007 - 01:12 PM in Computing

Computing is my second last one as well but on the day of the exam I have Higher Geography exams in the morning -.-

My hand is going to be sore that night...

My teachers just told me to keep doing past papers as the questions every year are similar, let's pray it's not too hard tongue.gif

#97633 Exam Post Mortem

Posted by Angel-Light on 15 May 2007 - 04:17 PM in Mathematics

QUOTE(Indie_Cindy @ May 15 2007, 05:13 PM) View Post
omfg.
i wish i hadn't looked at those solutions now..
i got one question in that whole paper. Anyone know how many marksquestion 8 was worth?

Question 8 in paper 2 was worth 4 marks. In paper one is was worth 9 marks altogether.

I'm sure you will pick up marks here and there wink.gif

#97627 Exam Post Mortem

Posted by Angel-Light on 15 May 2007 - 04:00 PM in Mathematics

I pray that it is lowered so I can actually get a C tongue.gif

Paper one: Easy although I mucked up a few questions I believe (stupid polynomials dry.gif)

Paper two: Done first page really easy, turned over the page and thought I was in hell.

I'm not even going to look at the solutions as after the exam I came home, had a wee cry and fell asleep for 3 hours tongue.gif

#97001 How did you find the exam?

Posted by Angel-Light on 11 May 2007 - 01:06 PM in English

So glad that is now over, somehow I thought close reading finished at 9:30am (about 40 minutes before it finished) so I panicked but weyhey.

I found the close reading quite reasonable and much easier than the ones I done in class last week.

For the essays I did Question 2 (Death of a Salesman) and question 5 (Prime of Miss Jean Brodie) tongue.gif

No more english woohoo!