lipu's Content

There have been 7 items by lipu (Search limited from 30-November 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100880 United Kingdom Asylum Policy

Posted by lipu on 17 March 2008 - 01:33 AM in General Chat

I've noticed a lack of discussion around here and for an academic forum little discussion of the issues of the world.

The United Kingdom systematically fails to meet its obligations under the UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees 1951

Discuss.

#98145 student accomadation questions

Posted by lipu on 21 May 2007 - 11:27 AM in After School

I lived in halls this year. My room consisted of a bed, desk, wardrobe, chest of drawers and was made with white breeze blocks. I lived with 7 other guys. Initially there were problems, but once we all settled down we all got on (well 7 of us hated one guy, but he was using so that explains that).

We had a blast. Basic rules - you'll hardly be in your room except for sleeping (and cramming the week before the exams!)

#97852 Change in Modern Studies Course for Session 2006/2007

Posted by lipu on 16 May 2007 - 11:49 PM in Modern Studies

QUOTE(Stephanie07 @ Feb 19 2007, 06:38 PM) View Post
yepo has changed...im half way through the course....paper 2 is well easy but its the time factor in paper1 tho:| however im finding it very interesting and im enjoying it. wink.gif

A bit lat in replying - but I'll do so anyway.

They've never managed to get the timings rights. Befor ethe changes there was always plenty og time on Paper I and not enought for paper II

#96559 Leaving exams early

Posted by lipu on 03 May 2007 - 06:55 PM in Revision and Exams

We were. At SG I left early in most of my exams (generally because I was finished and oculdn't be bothere hanging around). In S5 and S6 I had matured and was still always working when they said "Pens down" (however I never failed to finish a paper)

#96555 Scottish Elections '07

Posted by lipu on 03 May 2007 - 06:16 PM in General Chat

I voted Labour today for my Local Council and Constituency vote. I'm not saying who I voted for my regional vote (it wasn't labour - it is almost pointless voting for the two top parties on your regional vote). The only reason I said I voted labour is I'm an active party member.

#96544 Tips on how to Pass!

Posted by lipu on 03 May 2007 - 10:52 AM in English

Try doing timed essays yourself from the past papers and see how you get on. If you haven't yet then read the answer scheme at th eback of the past paper books - it's not comprehensive, but it gives you an idea of what the examiners are looking for each band of marks (this will then be something you can aim to reach in your essays).

What texts are you revising for your essays?

Here is a post from another topic on this forum that I used last year. It helped me improve my close reading grade.

#96543 Critical Essays again!

Posted by lipu on 03 May 2007 - 10:44 AM in English

It would help speaking to a teacher to find out exactly what is wrong with your essays that cause te marks to drop and find out from them what you can do it help improve again. When you read your essays from the start of the year and now do you notice any differences yourself?