Kim's Content

There have been 7 items by Kim (Search limited from 17-January 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#11405 Advanced Higher Biology

Posted by Kim on 16 December 2004 - 11:36 PM in Biology

phew...thanks thats put my mind to rest. Good to hear your nab went well (we had questions like: What is the carbon dioxide fixing process carried out by autotrophs?! I had to check to see it wasnt a trick question!)

Yeah I prefer the scholar stuff...plus our teacher gives us notes on everything which we just copy down, haha basically we're getting spoon-fed the information. biggrin.gif

I'm not any further with my investigation, still deciding what I want to do! Im not to start it until after Christmas so I have a while yet. Im thinking about doing the memory-age link thing because if I have to do anything involving experiments or lab equipment at all I always screw it up, I'm a hazard around chemicals and bunsen burners. How about you, hows yours (or anybody elses) going?

#11404 Advanced Higher Geography

Posted by Kim on 16 December 2004 - 11:17 PM in Geography

Haha yeah I suppose it wouldn't be all that much work...if I actually did it . I'm just lazy and can't be bothered doing my Critical Issues outside class, I've gone wrong somewhere with it and its too late to start again, so i have to try and fix it up. I've spoken to my teachers and theyve talked me out of dropping it anyways, so looks like I'll just have to get my lazy, procrastinating ass to work!

#11234 fREE PERIODS

Posted by Kim on 13 December 2004 - 01:30 AM in New Sixth Years

heh...seems like playing cards is quite popular! I thought it was just us wierdos at my school that did that. Wow ally you's had a ps2?! All we have is a microwave and a radio/cd player..and that keeps getting taken off us as the common room is in the science corridor and the teachers complain that the music's too loud (it isnt)

I would donate my old TV to the common room...but it would be likely to get smashed as most of the furnitures wrecked already and the place is a complete tip most of the time from food fights.

I spend free periods in the common room if its between two classes and i dont have time to do anything else, otherwise ill just go home or somewhere else for lunch. The best times a wednesday though, i have a double free period first thing= long lie in for moi! biggrin.gif

#11232 What do you think you will get in the final exam?

Posted by Kim on 13 December 2004 - 01:13 AM in Mathematics

Ill just be happy if i pass! Higher Maths resitter over here *wooohooo* I totally flunked last year, walked out the exam after 15mins and one question so however you do just remember you couldnt do as badly as i did!

#11231 Advanced Higher Geography

Posted by Kim on 13 December 2004 - 01:06 AM in Geography

QUOTE(mooncd @ Sep 19 2004, 11:45 AM)
hi, i realy need you help, i need to know where all of our are planning on going to do your field work, could u give me a phone number of the center caus i need 2 organise a  trip for me friend and i.
if you caoud all post the info that would be FANTASTIC!
thanks very much,
sandy smile.gif

View Post

[rant]

Whatever you do dont go to ardentinny! Worst 4 days of my life. They made us climb up this MOUNTAIN (okay it was a hill but it took nearly 4hrs to get up!) and i cant even remember why. Has anyone made any use of the skills (ha) they learned on fieldwork? I sure havent, my study only involves maps and maybe taking a few photographs! Worst thing is i had to pay £65 for the pleasure.

Im actually thinking of dropping Geography now. Does anyone know of any good careers it can lead to? Or of anyone thats glad they took it? I just dont see the point in putting myself through all the stress and workload anymore.

[/rant] smile.gif

#11230 Advanced Higher Biology

Posted by Kim on 13 December 2004 - 12:56 AM in Biology

I had a nab a month or so ago and it was scarily easy, id only done like an hours revision and managed to get the 2nd highest mark....but now im having serious doubts about my teacher now from the sort of things being said on here. She bases her entire lessons from the scholar books and website. What other books do you guys use?

#11228 Advanced Higher Biology

Posted by Kim on 13 December 2004 - 12:42 AM in Biology

Well Im still not sure what im doing myself, but I have been shown a few examples of past investigations to give me ideas. Ones that are supposed to work well are investigating the effects of different factors (like heat and radiation) on vitamin C. Also an investigation about chlorophyll in plants, I think this one involved keeping plants in boxes with different coloured plastic 'filters' that would only let certain wavelengths of light in.

I read a comment by a tutor on the scholar site that said she had a pupil last year that investigated the link between memory and age, that seems quite interesting so I'm thinking about finding out more about that, although I would need a lot of volunteers of different ages.

The only animal behaviour one I remember seeing was one about locusts...something to do with what foods they prefer. I didnt really look at it much because I didnt like the idea of having to look after the locusts and cleaning out their cage for the length of the investigation (bugs are icky!)

Hope this is of some help!