Kevin_Kilbane's Content

There have been 348 items by Kevin_Kilbane (Search limited from 29-November 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#66216 Calling all Glasgow uni applicants!

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 22 January 2006 - 08:35 PM in Course Choices

Glasgows excellent especially the QMU and the GU tongue.gif

#64747 What's On Your Mind

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 29 December 2005 - 12:38 AM in General Chat

I nearly crashed my car I got for 18th on Xmas Eve.

huh.gif

I was driving along Maryhill Road and I didnt notice there were 2 sets of traffic lights. Both were at red but I drove though one of them and a car came out and just avoided me.

Worse thing was...my mum and Dad were behind me.

ph34r.gif

#64573 2006 Uni Entry

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 23 December 2005 - 10:08 PM in Course Choices

QUOTE(skint_student @ Dec 23 2005, 12:11 AM)
wow I never said one was better than the other, I was very carefull to say go wherever you feel you would like. Obviously all the universities in Glasgow are fab in different ways!

Personally I think the GU looks like a converted garage, but hey, I'm sure I'd like it if I was at Glasgow Uni cos would know loads of people there. (I would need to buy some new scarfs though  tongue.gif )

View Post

Sure your thinking of the GU?

Its more like a castle...www.guu.co.uk

Maybe your thinking of the QMU which is great for CHEESEY POP on a Friday night cool.gif

#64515 2006 Uni Entry

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 22 December 2005 - 04:05 PM in Course Choices

QUOTE(skint_student @ Dec 22 2005, 12:56 AM)
lol yeah the Glasgow uni lecturers gave me the creeps!
and obviously its important to check out the union  cool.gif

View Post

At least our unions don't look like the Lazer Quest!

#64339 Calling all those goin to Strathclyde!

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 19 December 2005 - 12:20 PM in Course Choices

QUOTE(Justboy @ Dec 18 2005, 11:47 PM)
Glasgow don't give exemptions from exams sad.gif

View Post

We're a proper Uni though laugh.gif

#64284 How was your day today?

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 17 December 2005 - 04:05 PM in General Chat

I was at the end of term event at the GU last night called Daft Friday. Its a black tie event from 8pm to 8am with lots of 'big' acts.

Only managed 11 hours, got ripped off when buying a pint of Fun (FIVE QUID huh.gif ) but that was one of the best nights of my life!

#63833 Myspace

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 10 December 2005 - 05:30 PM in General Chat

www.myspace.com/jordy_brown

Will I regret this?!

tongue.gif

#62361 How was your day today?

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 22 November 2005 - 05:07 PM in General Chat

I passed my driving test today with 3 Minors laugh.gif

In a few hours, I'm off to see Franz Ferdinand!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#61970 What's On Your Mind

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 16 November 2005 - 10:52 PM in General Chat

Uni's certainly a massive transition from school.

There is no-one there telling you what to do, where to go or chasing you up if you miss a class. Your on your own and from day 1 you've got to be there, ready to go.

In saying that, I'm having the time of my life right now. The first Semester has been difficult but I've learnt a lot of things which will make be better prepared for next Semester.

One of the best things I've done was register on www.thestudentroom.co.uk and www.newstudent.org. These are websites where you can meet people going to your choosen Uni's and I'm not ashamed to say that I've met my best mate of one of them!

Uni's difficult in the first few weeks. I didn't make any friends on my course until 2 weeks in after a night out - it's important you go to these but I'm lucky that my course - Accounting - has less than 100 people on it and only 50 turn up for lectures so you really know everyone.

If you meet the right people, get the right course and like where your at then you'll have an amazing time. IMO, Uni can't be compared to school - I don't speak to many people from school and I've only been out with one person from school since leaving in May.

Basically, as your filing your UCAS form out, make sure you pick the University(s) that you'd be comfortable at.

cool.gif

#61704 Edinburgh Undergraduates: 2005 Entry

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 13 November 2005 - 12:13 PM in Course Choices

QUOTE(Dave @ Nov 13 2005, 02:17 AM)
QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Nov 12 2005, 12:56 PM)
Hehe, 'Townhead Tech'.

At the Glasgow Uni Freshers debate, Alex Salmond said 'I'm a professor of Economics at the University of Strathclyde'.  There were numerous crys of 'its a college'.

tongue.gif

View Post

yeah but at strath we allowed to see our lecturers in an informal setting unlike at glasgow and we can use the informatics building an post grad resources unlike at edinburgh

so just accept our new age thinking rocks and you will feel much better

View Post

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, we are also able to see our lecturers; we just need to chap on their door and we can speak to them wink.gif

#61640 Edinburgh Undergraduates: 2005 Entry

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 12 November 2005 - 12:56 PM in Course Choices

Hehe, 'Townhead Tech'.

At the Glasgow Uni Freshers debate, Alex Salmond said 'I'm a professor of Economics at the University of Strathclyde'. There were numerous crys of 'its a college'.

tongue.gif

#59703 Glasgow university...

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 29 October 2005 - 01:16 PM in Course Choices

My phone got stolen yesterday in the Round Reading Room.

I put it in my jacket pocket after texting someone, then the next minute it vanished.

mad.gif

#58877 What's On Your Mind

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 24 October 2005 - 08:24 PM in General Chat

Hetherthington Building?

Is that the Languages one?

If so, its beside the Adam Smith Building. You can either get to it by taking the wee lane at the side of the library which appears dodgey but you end right outside it. Or, take the lane at the QMU then go round to the front of the Adam Smith and its opposite you. Or, at the corner of Byres Road (the corner where Curlers is) walk up past the car park at Ashton Lane and you'll eventually come to it - its got a University of Glasgow sign on it.

#57229 Glasgow university...

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 10 October 2005 - 06:23 PM in Course Choices

Thank goodness I dropped it.

The nut job who took a Language class sent me a massive e-mail in French. It got ditched.

#57207 Favourite Alcoholic Drinks

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 10 October 2005 - 04:47 PM in General Chat

Yeah, Diesels are popular at Glasgow Uni. They taste alright.

black absinthe filled three quarters to top, fill rest with tequilla

Thats lethal. Absinthe is something like 70% alchohol and then you want Tequilla.

Nut job!

#57131 Favourite Alcoholic Drinks

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 09 October 2005 - 08:59 PM in General Chat

After Freshers Week, I've fell in love with Aftershock.

I like the Green one, its like licuroice. The Blue one is by far the worst.

A few weeks ago, me and my mate went to a Party with a full bottle of the red stuff. In 10 minutes, he had downed half the bottle. Had to carry him home later -its lethal!

laugh.gif

#57120 Favourite Alcoholic Drinks

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 09 October 2005 - 07:10 PM in General Chat

Aftershock!

biggrin.gif

I can't stomach Jack Daniels. I always get a sore chest (weird) after drinking it.

#56552 Glasgow university...

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 04 October 2005 - 06:34 PM in Course Choices

Speak to your Advisor.

I spoke to mine and everything has been sorted out. Or try and do some studying on it, I did and it helped.

I got that French Oral e-mail but I've dropped the subject. My Advisor said that Languages are really difficult at Uni but that e-mail takes the piss.

Should we have an HSN Glasgow Uni meet up?! tongue.gif I'll bring along Jamie Lesely, so you'll know someone!

#56533 Glasgow university...

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 04 October 2005 - 05:12 PM in Course Choices

Im really enjoying Uni and I am slowly settling in/getting a routine.

One suprising thing is how difficult it is to meet people/make friends. Its far better than school though.

#55400 Glasgow university...

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 22 September 2005 - 10:26 PM in Course Choices

Im loving Student life, but I agree it is so difficult to make friends.

I'm sure it will pick up when we get into classes, but like you Lesely, I was gutted at my Orientation Day on Tuesday when I met 1 person. Basically, no-one would speak and I was considering dropping out! rolleyes.gif

I think it's good how we have to go and find everything out for ourselves, although I'm concerned about this French class - we have 2 classes on Tuesday and there is a class list in the Language Building for the Speaking one?

#54976 Glasgow university...

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 19 September 2005 - 09:02 PM in Course Choices

Your better to go Shaun to get a feel for the place.

Wheres the French language building?

#54230 Glasgow university...

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 15 September 2005 - 10:16 AM in Course Choices

I seen you Lindsay on Tuesday at the Subway station.

I was standing on the other side of the barrier in a Greenish jacket/light blue shirt. I was going to say something, but my mate said not too.

I think during the day has been quite crap. Its difficult to meet a lot of people and the events aren't too good.

At night, its amazing. I've been on the razzle since Sunday - last night we were in Jims bar and were talking to so many people. I couldn't continue doing this - I've not ate properly in ages, had a good sleep and my liver must be ready to collapse.

biggrin.gif

#53666 Summer work

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 11 September 2005 - 08:49 PM in Student Life

Will you not miss Freshers week Shauny?

#53576 Glasgow university...

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 10 September 2005 - 08:11 PM in Course Choices

I've not got any book lists yet. They'll probably give them at enrolement.

I think Waterstones, Ottakars and Borders give you Student Discounts and you've also got the campus bookshops.

#53066 Glasgow university...

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 07 September 2005 - 10:26 AM in Course Choices

Im doing French as well - the 20 credit one.

I'm hyper about money and clothes right now. I'm getting a bit nervous about it all now. unsure.gif