Hassan's Content

There have been 23 items by Hassan (Search limited from 21-January 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100025 Official Exam Results 2007 Thread!

Posted by Hassan on 07 August 2007 - 11:57 AM in Exam Results 2007

1. What you got.

Biology - A
Chemistry - A
English - A
Health and Food Technology - A
Mathematics - A
(all higher level)

2. Did you meet your expectations?

Exceeded them. Thought I'd get a B for English.

3. If not will you appeal?

Yes, I'm gonna appeal because 5 A's isn't good enough laugh.gif

4. What are you plans now?

Decide which uni course I wanna do.

5. How do you plan on celebrating?

Gettin blazin? lol.

#99003 Higher Health & Food Technology

Posted by Hassan on 30 May 2007 - 11:31 PM in Other

I think it went well. Some questions were a bit different I suppose (like the Hungry for Success) but I felt quite good about it.

Exams are over xD

#98928 Answers to 2007 Higher Chemistry

Posted by Hassan on 29 May 2007 - 09:55 PM in Chemistry

Thanks for posting! If I'm right I got 89% overall which I'm chuffed about biggrin.gif

I thought I got the molar volume question right but after looking at yours, obviously I never. Oh well, hopefully its not in the AH course (I bet it is =\ ).

#98896 Exam Post Mortem

Posted by Hassan on 29 May 2007 - 04:51 PM in Chemistry

QUOTE(maximus @ May 29 2007, 01:05 PM) View Post
the multi choice was a pain in the ass

What I found annoying was that I had the exam paper, data book, rough working sheet and answer sheet on my desk and I didn't where to put what laugh.gif

The two multiple choice q's I got stuck on were the avogadro constant (I put neon atoms) and the one about the bonding in the oxide.

#98860 Exam Post Mortem

Posted by Hassan on 29 May 2007 - 11:28 AM in Chemistry

I thought it was a very straight forward paper. A few questions I couldn't do so just guessed but apart from that I'm quite happy.

What did everyone else think of it?

#98657 Higher Health & Food Technology

Posted by Hassan on 27 May 2007 - 09:48 PM in Other

It isn't harder than chem simply because there are no calculations in it tongue.gif But there is more knowledge to learn.

#98656 Calculations

Posted by Hassan on 27 May 2007 - 09:47 PM in Chemistry

Do you mean volumetric titrations?

No. of hydrogen ions x concentration x volume = No. of hydroxide ions x concentration x volume.

I've never seen it come up in a past paper so not sure what its all about.

#98655 Past paper - help

Posted by Hassan on 27 May 2007 - 09:46 PM in Chemistry

2002 - Q14(b)(ii)
In a second experiment it was found that 1.2 x 10 to the power -5 mol of iodine reacted with 3.0cm3 of the sodium thiosulphate solution. Use thi information to calculate the concentration of the sodium thiosulphate solution, in mol l(-1).

In the equation you have 1 mole of iodine reacting with 2 moles of thiosulphate ions. So you have a ratio of 1:2 which means you have 2.4 x 10 to the power -5 mol of thiosulphate ions.
Then you use the n = c x v equation, but you need to find out the concentration so its c = n / v

--> 2.4 x 10 to the power -5 / 0.003

= 0.008 mol/l

#98557 Uses of Radioisotopes

Posted by Hassan on 27 May 2007 - 12:21 AM in Chemistry

Our teacher said to remember Cobalt-60 because it's symbol is Co which looks like 60.
I remember the Carbon-14 for carbon dating as well.

#98475 Higher Health & Food Technology

Posted by Hassan on 24 May 2007 - 09:04 PM in Other

I take it - tis probably one of my fave subjects actually. I find the nutrition stuff really interesting but the consumer studies unit was pretty boring IMO.

There is a never-ending amount of knowledge to learn tongue.gif I'll probably end up doing most of my revision straight after the Chem exam.

#98439 Biology Exam - Post Mortem

Posted by Hassan on 23 May 2007 - 10:27 PM in Biology

QUOTE(cheekster @ May 23 2007, 09:55 PM) View Post
Still got 2 mad.gif exams left - Health & food technology and chemistry (the hardest 1s!!!).

Those are the 2 I have left haha. I dont know anyone else doing HFT. I think we should start our own mini 'Health and Food Tech thread' wink.gif

#98169 Biology Exam - Post Mortem

Posted by Hassan on 21 May 2007 - 03:24 PM in Biology

Thought it went pretty good. I found there were A LOT of graph questions, was that just me?

For the essays I done respiration and osmoregulation in fish. For the fish essay I could barely make 8 points so only got about 6.

The question asking you to explain why in 50 degrees the carrot tissue fell in mass - I put something about denatured enzymes but its actually that the plasma membrane is destroyed. Damn.

#97772 Higher Maths 2007 Solutions

Posted by Hassan on 16 May 2007 - 03:16 PM in Mathematics

Noo, why did I have to look at paper 2 solutions? I thought I'd only lost bout 12 marks but I think I've lost 20!

Add that on to 4 marks lost from paper 1, I've lost roughly 24 marks altogether which gives me 106/130 which is... oh 81% ohmy.gif Thought it'd be less than that, unless I've been too generous. Hmm.

#97521 Higher Maths 2007 Solutions

Posted by Hassan on 15 May 2007 - 12:22 PM in Mathematics

Ooh, I think I've only lost 3 marks.

Buuut paper 2 was the killer so I'll await that...

#97519 Exam Post Mortem

Posted by Hassan on 15 May 2007 - 12:17 PM in Mathematics

QUOTE(ross_rosco @ May 15 2007, 01:04 PM) View Post
I found paper 1 the easiest paper I've ever sat. Ever.
Paper two, however, was the hardest paper I've ever sat. Ever.

I kind of agree with you. I knew paper 2 would be quite hard after the easy-ish paper 1 but didn't anticipate THAT.
The first question baffled me cos I can't work out 3-D coordinates (the only thing I can't do in vectors admittedly) which meant I got the angle wrong. Then I couldn't work out the coordinates in the last log equation which meant I got the next bit wrong.

Also, the parabola touching the circle question - I didn't do the last part but know how to do it now rolleyes.gif

So overall, I might scrape an A but I said B in the poll so I'm not disappointed.

#97453 Free Multiple-Choice Test

Posted by Hassan on 14 May 2007 - 09:11 PM in Mathematics

I got 9/10 but really 8 cos I had to look for help for the vectors question. And in Q8 I integrated and differentiated, whoops.
Thanks again for these!

#97425 Good Luck To All Mathematicians

Posted by Hassan on 14 May 2007 - 08:40 PM in Mathematics

QUOTE(Allan_r_123 @ May 14 2007, 09:03 PM) View Post
Cheers! smile.gif Next exam is Biology on Monday! ohmy.gif sad.gif

Yep - same here. Going to see Girls Aloud tomorrow night so CANNOT wait till the exam is over!

Good luck everyone - here's hoping I'll never have to do maths again biggrin.gif

#97312 Final Countdown!

Posted by Hassan on 13 May 2007 - 11:38 PM in Mathematics

As I've been revising English non-stop for the past week it feels a bit weird having to cram Maths in for the next 3 days, but its gotta be done.

I hope they don't ask you to draw log graphs either. Or that thing in vectors: v.(u-v) ... or something cos we haven't done that in class but i saw it come up in past papers.

#97212 Free Multiple-Choice Test

Posted by Hassan on 12 May 2007 - 10:36 PM in Mathematics

QUOTE(George @ May 12 2007, 04:20 PM) View Post
I hope that's made it a bit clearer for you smile.gif

Thank you, I get it now. But in an exam I would never think to do that huh.gif

#97144 Free Multiple-Choice Test

Posted by Hassan on 12 May 2007 - 02:00 PM in Mathematics

Thanks, this was helpful!

Could anyone please explain question 8 about the maximum values? Thanks.

#97064 How did you find the exam?

Posted by Hassan on 11 May 2007 - 04:33 PM in English

I find it really hard to write about one thing so I picked Q3.
Btw I just realised I used the whole book they gave you to write in. Thats 16 pages ohmy.gif

My school is up near Inverness. Quite a small school.

#97059 How did you find the exam?

Posted by Hassan on 11 May 2007 - 03:49 PM in English

Hey, I'm new-ish on the forum but heres how I found the exam:

Close reading was pretty straight forward. I'm glad the topic was half decent (our prelim topic was about footballers =\ ) and I finished all the q's but didn't have time to check over my answers.
Essay went ok. Picked the 'crucial error' one for The Crucible and thought it was quite good.
There were no decent q's for Gatsby so I done the one comparing two poems. I had to rush it a bit towards the end and was totally shaking - thought I wouldn't get it finished! But thankfully I did and it was... ok I guess.

So yeh, all in all it went fairly well. Hope I get the grade I want!

#97054 Poetry

Posted by Hassan on 11 May 2007 - 03:34 PM in English

• Shooting Stars - Carol Ann Duffy
  • Mrs Lazarus - Carol Ann Duffy
  • Warming Her Pearls - Carol Ann Duffy
  • To His Coy Mistress - Andrew Marvel
Completely different to anyone else...