ruairidh's Content

There have been 16 items by ruairidh (Search limited from 27-January 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#85737 DISSERTATION HELP!

Posted by ruairidh on 18 July 2006 - 05:00 PM in English

hey, i think i could do with some help aswell.
so far im reading:
catcher in the rye,
catch 22,
on the road and
vernon god little.
i was thinking something along the lines of teenage independance or teenage rebelion against society or authory.
would really like to get some of your thoughts.

#80771 Exam 2006

Posted by ruairidh on 22 May 2006 - 01:59 PM in History

i thought it went really well. i did the liberal reforms question in option c - it was almost exactly the same as my extended essay question! biggrin.gif very pleased!

#73323 What are you listening to?

Posted by ruairidh on 01 April 2006 - 01:04 PM in General Chat

Bell x1 - Just like Mr Benn (Got the new album 2day biggrin.gif)

#73322 Conditional/Unconditional Offers From Uni...

Posted by ruairidh on 01 April 2006 - 01:00 PM in Course Choices

Yass! Got 2 of my offers this week:
Film and Media Studies @ Stirling University - Conditional
Journalism @ Glagsow Caledonian University - Condition w/ Interview

Just need to get feedback from Marketing @ Caledonian (but ive kinda gone of it a bit)
Well done to everyone else who got their offers!
Ruairidh.

#71934 High fidelity

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 09:15 PM in Personal Study

Thats my favourite movie - is class - but ive bin told the books very different.
Ruairidh.

#71930 Chips!

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 09:09 PM in General Chat

Hmmm curry sauce or salad cream or tartar sauce (love that word) lol

#71928 whats the first thing that comes in to your head

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 09:06 PM in General Chat

Follow your nose! - i think maria might be the only person on here who'll get that lol.
Ruairidh.

#71926 Introduce Yourself Here!

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 08:59 PM in General Chat

Hey guys - im Ruairidh am 16, in 5th year and i live in uist. Doing 4 subjects this year (was doin 5 but dropped bio - YAY lol) all highers (English, Maths, Art and History) and i want to do something with media and journalism when i grow up lol. Im defering to Stirling for a combined course in Film and Media Studies and Journalism (1st choice) and then to Glasgow Caledonian for Journalism (2nd choice) and Markting (3rd choice). Even though im defering i think ill stay on for 6th but my mind keeps changing so i dont think i'll know if im staying or going up until the last minute. Anyway hope to get good grades this year and make a few new mates along the way.
Ruairidh.

#71923 What are you listening to?

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 08:50 PM in General Chat

The Like - June Gloom smile.gif
Ruairidh.

#71920 Conditional/Unconditional Offers From Uni...

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 08:40 PM in Course Choices

Hey congrats to every1 hu got ther applications accepted. I dunno if i should be worried tho - i sent my application away before christmas and i havent had any feedback from the unis ive applied to (Glasgow Caledonian and Stirling) apart from the conformation letters. Everyone i've asked has got an offer back. I'm defering this year so maybe that has something to do with it. Do they deal with the defered entrys last? Would really like to know what you guys think.
Ruairidh.

#71916 Glasgow Met

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 08:33 PM in Course Choices

I think ill probably end up apply to either MET or Cardonald for Media or Journalism - dont really know much about the college itself but the Journalism course sounds really good so thats definatly an option for me.
Ruairidh.

#71869 Stirling Uni

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 02:56 PM in Course Choices

Yeah i want to go to stirling. Defering this year for Film and Media and Journalism combined. Really like the whole campus thing - hope i get in - dont think i will cuz i need ABBB :S
Ruairidh.

#71868 Anyone going to Glasgow School of Art?

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 02:53 PM in Course Choices

Lol i was going to but then i saw the entry requirements and my art teacher told me that the course had a VERY low pass rate. Sorry if that put you off but am sure you'll be fine.
Ruairidh.

#71867 Anyone elses skool severly understaffed?

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 02:50 PM in General Chat

Hey, just wondering if anyone esles school is really understaffed just now? I live in uist and people are constantly moving away (mainly teachers - so that tells you a few things about us lol) so i knew we were short of some staff here and there but my math teacher told me last week that at one time during the week she is in charge of 4 classes at the same time! Anyone elses school in as bad a position?
Ruairidh.

#71865 What's everyone studying in english this year?

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 02:43 PM in English

We've done a whole bunch of poems of short stories - too many to mention . The plays we've studied are "An Inspector Calls" by JB Priestly and Arthur Miller's "The Crucible" which were both good, but doing a whole bunch of poems and short storys is a bit annoying, and my personal study book is "Vernon God Little" by DBC Pierre, which is really good.
Ruairidh.

#71864 IS ok for crash next year?

Posted by ruairidh on 14 March 2006 - 02:38 PM in Information Systems

Im thinking about taking IS as a crash higher next year. I did computing studies at standard grade and got a 1. Now guidance are saying we should be filling out the 1st draft of our choice forms this week and i dunno if i should put IS down. I asked the department what they thought and they said that seeing i got a 1 in standard grade i should be ok at crash if i fully apply myself - what do you guys think? I dont wanna jump into a subject thats too hard - im afraid that my 1 might be i bit misleading (I got a 4 in the SG prelim). I would really appreciate your advise.
Ruairidh.