Klass Clown's Content

There have been 96 items by Klass Clown (Search limited from 13-August 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#89569 Glasgow Law

Posted by Klass Clown on 30 September 2006 - 03:18 PM in After School

Many people assume art school to be the easier option yet many of them also misjudge the competition.

Art is something I actually love so, for me, it will never be just a mere hobby smile.gif

- someones touchy...

#88832 Glasgow Law

Posted by Klass Clown on 11 September 2006 - 02:08 PM in After School

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Sep 9 2006, 02:33 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Klass Clown @ Sep 7 2006, 09:35 PM) View Post

Dudes! okay, heres the plan; i want to go to Glasgow to do Law.

ohmy.gif

I htought you said you wanted to go to art school mad.gif

haha, okay sorry. bt ive had a massive change of art and definatly dont want to go anymore. most people were as shocked as you bt its just not right for me. ill always have art as a hobby, and ill never give that up but i dont want to do art as a career. Its always been a race between the two though, art school was always just the easier option for me. sorry sad.gif

#88712 Glasgow Law

Posted by Klass Clown on 07 September 2006 - 08:35 PM in After School

Dudes! okay, heres the plan; i want to go to Glasgow to do Law. I got AABBB (Highers) in s5 and am now doing 3 AHs. im telling u as to possibly get some feedback on what kind of offers ill get. im thinkin a conditional for bs this year - reasonable? Any thoughts appreciated.

Oh and any tips on how to aid ypour application? i.e. extra-curricular, personal statement etc

Thanx again.

#87220 Results Thread

Posted by Klass Clown on 10 August 2006 - 10:41 AM in Exam Results 2006

1. What you got
Higher:
History - A
Art - A
Mod.St - B
English - B
Music - B

2. Did you meet your expectations
In everything but mod.st, realy dissapointed as I thought the exam was easy. Maybe I was to cocky.

3. If not will you appeal?
Definatly for Modern Studies

4. What are you plans now?
6th year

5. How do you plan on celebrating?
Went out With Friends

#86904 How did you do?

Posted by Klass Clown on 08 August 2006 - 08:39 AM in Art

I got an A! so chuffed because as you might know my teacher doubted my ability - i showed her! biggrin.gif

#83729 Japan

Posted by Klass Clown on 12 June 2006 - 05:30 PM in History

Hi I've just started the course and was wondering what this topic is like.

#81438 Tomorrows art exam...

Posted by Klass Clown on 24 May 2006 - 07:16 PM in Art

I'm fine. They ask you basicaly the same thing every year. Ive got all my reaserch done and I got 79% for the prelim so it can't be bad. Good luck to all of you just remain calm biggrin.gif

#80757 Exam 2006

Posted by Klass Clown on 22 May 2006 - 01:17 PM in History

God, exams 06- what a joke. Ive walked all my exams so far (probably because I study a lot) so for some reason thought this was going to be hard. But it wasn't. My extended essay question came up which was brilliant, that was the totalitarian germany one and I also did urbanisation. Realy pleased. With paper 2 my teacher said they had droppeed the spanish civil war so that was a surprise but I thought it was okay. Hope it went well for all of you smile.gif

#80607 Mussolini Notes

Posted by Klass Clown on 21 May 2006 - 12:43 PM in History

Dude, the great thing about mussolinni is; he didnt do much. He used to SAY he done lods, but in actual fact this was very little. For example, he introduced the Battle for Births- where he offered insentives for big families and penalties for small ones. Extrordinarly, despite him basicly paying people to have sex, the birth rate actualy fell (lol). It is often said that his only real success was making the trains run on time. Also, he reconciled Italy with the church. Realy easy stuff.

#78854 Music exam 2moro!

Posted by Klass Clown on 16 May 2006 - 10:16 AM in Other

Hows everyone feeling about it? Im okay but I still have quite alot to revise

#78718 Woohoo It's Over :)

Posted by Klass Clown on 15 May 2006 - 04:45 PM in Modern Studies

QUOTE(loved-up-loon @ May 15 2006, 05:07 PM) View Post

No more modern studies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

Well, for some - i felt the same after the exam before realising Im taking AH next year!

#78690 EASY!

Posted by Klass Clown on 15 May 2006 - 03:43 PM in Modern Studies

Both the decision making in central governent and voting sections were so easy I didnt know hich one to choose from! I eventualy chose the decision making because when i moved to my new school, i had missed all of the voting topic (and i still thought it was easy!). Anyway happy as! biggrin.gif (man imagine if i failed, now that would be weirdly amusing)

#78637 EASY!

Posted by Klass Clown on 15 May 2006 - 01:44 PM in Modern Studies

QUOTE(Allana @ May 15 2006, 02:13 PM) View Post

There was testing progress instead of limited progress, which came as a surprise to me tongue.gif

I don't realy know what you mean? huh.gif

#78605 EASY!

Posted by Klass Clown on 15 May 2006 - 12:40 PM in Modern Studies

What a great paper! To be frank, it was a piece of piss. They couldn't of made it easier! If you put in the work- no real troubles. smile.gif

#78448 background knowledge for DME on health?

Posted by Klass Clown on 14 May 2006 - 04:32 PM in Modern Studies

These are the knids of worries ive had. Ive just got about 10 recent facts and stuff. Is this okay by every1 elses standards?

#78365 Revising

Posted by Klass Clown on 14 May 2006 - 12:01 PM in Modern Studies

Look the best thing to do is just revise everything. if you try and question spot/predict youre taking a massive risk. youd kick yourself if a specific question youd prepared for didnt come up and an easy one that u didnt prepare for did. try and not think of the exam as a trick test but more of a chance for you to demonstrate youre knowledge. go with the flow.

#78360 Revising

Posted by Klass Clown on 14 May 2006 - 11:52 AM in Modern Studies

More than enough yes. Thats all you could possibly revise. I might dosome elderly revision later but ive finished my revision without even looking at it, my class realy rushed it so I think ill avoid it. But it sounds like youll do fine..

#78335 Revising

Posted by Klass Clown on 14 May 2006 - 10:03 AM in Modern Studies

QUOTE(loved-up-loon @ May 14 2006, 10:42 AM) View Post

ok another question (Im really bad at modern studies)
What sort of things is everybody learning for Electoral Systems andvoting behaviour, Healthcare, and politics of food?
For electoral systems and voting behaviour, im trying to learn the voting systems (FPTP,AMS,PR), the media, social class and other influences. but im really stumped as to what to know for healthcare. (why do i leave everything to the last minute!!!!)

Okay well first you say your going to learn fptp,ams and pr which unfortunatly isnt enough. pr is an umberella term and you need to know a couple of pr systems eg. stv. Also, for health just try and have a basic knowledgeof the NHS and its background (original aims etc.) as well as how it has changed through different government periods and the causes of health inequalities. smile.gif

#78252 HealthCare!

Posted by Klass Clown on 13 May 2006 - 05:03 PM in Modern Studies

Just try and have a basic knowledge of the NHS its origins, and of course, those original aims. Try and understand the private sector and its relationship with the NHS(eg. PFI, competitave tendering and joint ventures), and last but not least - the causes of health inequalities: -social class, geography, gender, ethnicity. Its good to have up to date examples if your aiming for an A...im supposed to be but i dont have any for this topic! smile.gif thats about it. Its realy not that complicated.

#78248 Health

Posted by Klass Clown on 13 May 2006 - 04:56 PM in Modern Studies

cool. thats what i thought but i just wanted to be sure. thanks smile.gif

#78176 Health

Posted by Klass Clown on 13 May 2006 - 12:54 PM in Modern Studies

I was wonderin...my teacher says that we only do 1 part a on health. but, in the past papers it says a OR b OR c. do we do the a question or do we choose from these 3?

#77990 It's over :D:D

Posted by Klass Clown on 12 May 2006 - 03:23 PM in English

Yeah, I thought overall it was pretty easy. no real challenges in the close reading and the essay questions were perfect for me. well actualy a symbolism q in prose would have been a gift but, he ho. smile.gif

#77985 What did you do?

Posted by Klass Clown on 12 May 2006 - 03:12 PM in English

im very happy. the questions were good.its interesting to here so many people (alike me) did q3 for ''d of a s'' . I also did q8 for girl with a pearl earring. no english ever again! laugh.gif

#77831 Tomorrows exam

Posted by Klass Clown on 11 May 2006 - 05:20 PM in English

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ May 11 2006, 04:16 PM) View Post

What do you mean by an all rounder?

Just making sure I've got the right thing.

I just mean Ive revised my play so that I dont need a specific question, I could answer on anything.

#77815 One last drama question

Posted by Klass Clown on 11 May 2006 - 04:25 PM in English

Okay guys, LAST thing. If you are commenting on a specific theme, and you are referring to the dramatists use of 'theme'- what do you say? For example; ''in D of a S, Arthur Miller explores the theme of dreams vs. reality. He makes effective use of characterisation and THEME to effectively...'' Doesnt sound right does it? huh.gif