kjh*'s Content

There have been 14 items by kjh* (Search limited from 21-May 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#88865 Driving Test

Posted by kjh* on 12 September 2006 - 10:27 AM in General Chat

ahh yes I passed eventually! Third time lucky and only 3 minors I am very very very very happy!!! biggrin.gif but yea I did the whole wide on my reverse round the corner thing so I didn't hit the kerb but a minor is much better than a major! I was so glad I got a nice instructor this time, on my first test the guy was really grumpy and had a really patronising voice can't say he made me feel very good when I failed either! The second woman was really nice aswell but I guess I'll just say this cause I passed but the last one was the best! Going to have to scary experience of actually driving on my own now when I go to work... eeeek!
Anyway best of luck to anyone that is sitting their test soon and the best advice is have confidence in yourself!!!

#88779 Anyone?

Posted by kjh* on 09 September 2006 - 09:34 AM in Biology

QUOTE(will_789 @ Sep 3 2006, 10:01 PM) View Post

Ive got my project chosen. Im doing the effects of herbal remedies on bacteria and yeast biggrin.gif

just noticed this I did adv bio last year and did a really similar project, it was the effects of naturals substances on yeast and bacteria. It did take absolutely ages but it was good and I got great results aswell smile.gif

#87756 Next Years options

Posted by kjh* on 20 August 2006 - 06:14 AM in Other

mmm just noticed this so sorry if no one is interested anymore! I crashed higher psychology last year and ended up with an A but I absolutely hated it. There was the occasional thing of interest but apart from that it's all you learn a basic theory then you learn the studies that back it up and how to compare and analyse it all. You do get to do an investigation which is alright but quite time consuming. I also had to go to a college to do this out of school times.
Anyway good luck whatever you decide to do. biggrin.gif

#87506 3 Advanced Highers + a crash Higher

Posted by kjh* on 14 August 2006 - 12:02 PM in New Sixth Years

Seems so far the advice given is what I would say. Last year I did 3 Advanced Highers - Chemistry Biology & Maths and a crash Higher - Psychology which I'd never done before. I also had other commitments in school such as yearbook. I think to cope with it you just have to stay on top of everything, doing stuff when you get it but I'm sure you're aware of that. As everyone else has said if you feel that you can't cope it's easy enough to drop one but if you do manage all 4 of your subjects it feels great when you get to the end of the year and get your results which shows you coped with it all.

#87321 Results Thread

Posted by kjh* on 10 August 2006 - 08:25 PM in Exam Results 2006

investigations aren't marked internally though...

#87300 Results Thread

Posted by kjh* on 10 August 2006 - 06:40 PM in Exam Results 2006

Actually I'm quite sure I'm not making it up I just remembered something else. An english teacher definately told someone what they got in their higher english essays because they had nearly full marks or something along those lines. This was thought a bit later on in the year though.

#87298 Results Thread

Posted by kjh* on 10 August 2006 - 06:38 PM in Exam Results 2006

I'm not sure they'll have all the stuff just now but I remember when we were doing out investigations for chemistry my teacher mentioned that they got stuff in which broke down the marks, showing what people got in their investigations and what they got in the actual exam. I remember someone else telling me they found out aswell. So maybe not a complete break down of the marks but I think there's a good chance u can get individual ones for investigations hmmm sorry if I'm making this up btw!

#87284 Results Thread

Posted by kjh* on 10 August 2006 - 05:44 PM in Exam Results 2006

QUOTE(ferg @ Aug 10 2006, 11:17 AM) View Post

I was also wondering... I want to find out my actual marks for geography, and all the different parts, how do i do this? Do i have 2 go back 2 school and ask my teacher or what?? i dont really want to go back to school now i have left though, especially if theres pupils there

I may be wrong but as far as I'm aware going back to school is the only way you can easily find out what you got in each bit which is a bit rubbish because the thought of going back into school for any reason isnt a good one!

#87222 2006 Grade Boundaries?

Posted by kjh* on 10 August 2006 - 11:07 AM in Exam Results 2006

QUOTE(Joel @ Aug 9 2006, 09:50 PM) View Post

AH Biology: (125 total marks)
A1 - 77%
A2 - 66%
B - 55%
C - 45%
D - 39%

H Psychology: (125 total marks)
A1 - 81%
A2 - 66%
B - 56%
C - 46%
D - 42%

Thank you much appreciated!

#87177 2006 Grade Boundaries?

Posted by kjh* on 09 August 2006 - 07:59 PM in Exam Results 2006

hmm i can't open that file i've not got excel on here anyone able to tell me grade boundaries for adv biology and higher psychology, i've found the rest on the subject forums. 63% for an adv higher maths A i didnt think that was very high saying that the exam was a pretty tough one!

#87176 Results Thread

Posted by kjh* on 09 August 2006 - 07:44 PM in Exam Results 2006

hmm well seems you guys all have very different experiences compared to me! I don't think anyone at my school was every particulary encouraged to go study medicine. I distinctly remember going to the careers advisor guy and he did the best possible job he could trying to get me to do something else just because medicine is so competitive. Good job these sort of people and rejections make me more determined!!

#86981 Results Thread

Posted by kjh* on 08 August 2006 - 11:57 AM in Exam Results 2006

1. What you got?

Advanced Higher Biology - A
Advanced Higher Chemistry - B
Advanced Higher Maths - A
Higher Psychology - A

2. Did you meet your expectations?

yep i was pretty impressed seeing as i thought the exams weren't that great and i did stupid things like accidently missing out the last page on my biology exam!

3. If not will you appeal?

Nope

4. What are you plans now?

Also reapplying for Medicine on my gap year.

5. How do you plan on celebrating?

not too sure yet

#86979 results

Posted by kjh* on 08 August 2006 - 11:50 AM in Mathematics

a wooohoo! i'll jump on the "i got an A" band wagon too! biggrin.gif

#64237 Maths but not physics?

Posted by kjh* on 16 December 2005 - 10:25 PM in Mathematics

YES!!! i totally agree!