south lanarkshire jag's Content

There have been 43 items by south lanarkshire jag (Search limited from 27-January 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99697 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 08 July 2007 - 02:54 PM in General Chat

my mate is at t in the park and at 3am last night was on the run from security for peeing on someones tent and not having a pass thing round his neck.

He followed some random lass and got lost when he realised it wasnt his friend laugh.gif

#99659 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 02 July 2007 - 08:26 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Jul 2 2007, 07:18 PM) View Post
Neither can I. Now DoctorWhos finished I'll need something to watch.

what did you think of the finale?

i thought it was absolutely shite dry.gif

RTD has destroyed that series(series 3) for me with a great Utopia and a SOund of Drums spoiled by a crap LOTTL

#99644 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 01 July 2007 - 04:20 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Jul 1 2007, 01:57 PM) View Post
That terrorist attack happened just a mile away from my flat, but I think it was the most half assed attempt to create panic. I mean, they could have done a much more high profile attack like blowing up the house of parliament and big ben. All they managed to do at Glasgow Airport was set themselves on fire, did a little bit of structural damage and hurt one person. And they failed in London too. Insane.

I dont think they meant to kill people. I think it was designed to scare people rather than be a full blown terrorist attack

#99639 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 01 July 2007 - 01:53 AM in General Chat

i'm sooo glad my mum never booked my holiday otherwise i could have been caught up in that Glasgow Airport business

too close for comfort sad.gif

#96538 Scottish Elections '07

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 03 May 2007 - 02:39 AM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lindsay @ May 2 2007, 07:12 PM) View Post
I would vote for a fiver, yeah. I like money.

That's so nice that you're all doing postal votes. I live on the same street as the polling station and I can't be bothered walking along it to go vote.

Lazy lazy lazy.

i really cant believe that some people adopt this attitude when it comes to voting. I mean is it really hard to give up 5 minutes of your time to walk down a street mark a few crosses on a piece of paper. NO i mean i dont understand how people can just be so blah over voting. Im not saying get into their policies in detail but go along and vote for someone on the basis of something u have read or heard about. I mean there is no doubt that people will complain about things even tho they never voted and that annoys me a hell of a lot. If you cant be arsed voting then dont complain when it comes back to bite you on the arse with tutition fees going up or benefit money going down(note: this is not aimed at lindsay personally its just a general rant) I just dont see how people can be so lazy when it comes to do the simplest thing in the world.

im undecided currently as to who i'll be voting for. Im stuck between Labour and SNP. I would vote labour because i do believe we are better off as a country now than we were 10 years ago.
However im leaning towards SNP because i favour independance and think that as long as it was implemented correctly it could work very successfully.

#96425 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 30 April 2007 - 03:49 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Apr 28 2007, 12:30 PM) View Post
Nice... spent over half my months pay in two days. I don't actually see the logic for drinking the next day :s

Just because you have the sense of a hospital bedpan rolleyes.gif

#96361 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 26 April 2007 - 08:19 PM in General Chat

Why is it when banks talk about closing provincial branches they claim it's because they are losing money, when the easy solution is not to employ four muppets to wander around impersonating goldfish behind the counter and leave an (admittedly attractive) obviously bemused teen serving behind the counter?

Every time I walk into that branch I cringe if there's a pensioner ahead of me. Today was no different. Elegantly clad in his beige fedora and silver Hi-Tec trainers, todays specimen was queuing to ask two questions so fundamental to his very existence that I'm amazed he hadn't died with excitement while waiting to get it off his wheezy chest. Firstly:

"Hen, I've changed the branch of my account from Johnstone to Troon, will I still be able to take money out of it if I'm ever back in Johnstone?"

Now, if you do not know the answer to this question without having to ask it, I would question the legality of you having power of attorney over your own affairs at all. dry.gif Surely pensioners this lonely and stupid have meals on wheels to annoy with this sort of inane shite?

You'd think so, but no: he continued unabashed:

"Hen, can I change the date of a direct debit?"

Fair enough, I thought, that could be crucial if you want to pay a bill. I should have known not to be so tolerant. mad.gif The glaikit Britney behind the counter asks him why he wanted to bring it forward, clearly thinking he must want it to come out after his pension is in his account....again, an act of sheer misplaced optimism:

"Ah want it oot on the 19th because that's the day it's come oot for 45 years"

Oh, well why didn't you f*cking well say so then? It's a family f*cking tradition now, isn't it?:

"Remember Jeannie and come up on the 19th, that's the 45th anniversary of the very day my house insurance comes oot the bank. We're huvin' oatcakes!"

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Just f*cking DIE!!!!!!!
Anyway, I'm purple with rage at this point and I think nothing can ever annoy me more than a pensioner. Shouldn't tempt fate really, should I? dry.gif dry.gif

There's only one woman ahead of me in the queue now, but she's a beige person. Y'know, respectably dressed, but just a little too many pastel colours in there to be anything other than a stepford wife yeah? So she tootles:

"Can I make an international money transfer?"

Just my luck, Shitney Spears on mogadon has to go through the back to find a form for NIMBY woman to fill in, so it's another 3 minutes for that, but at least she'll f**k off and fill it in and I'll complete the arduous task of putting a cheque into the company account.

WILL I f**k.

AGAIN.

"Oh, a form? Oh dear! Well, just give me 2000 out of this account then."

ohmy.gif

What the f**k are you going to do you mad bint? Get it abroad by carrier pigeon? Tie the wad of notes to its leg and make the poor thing flap all the way to wherever your privately educated overpriviledged sprogs are enjoying their gap year? JESUS WEPT!!!!!

Finally, praise Allah, I'm at the counter.

Now I don't know if I did what I did next for devilment or as a kind of catharsis, but I regret it now anyway. I said:

"Could I deposit this cheque please, then draw a money order to go to Jupiter but it MUST go via Pluto and while on its way change my entire direct debit set up, because the current dates are aggravating my lumbago"

Shitney looks at me like I've just taken a dump on her chest. I quickly realised I wasn't dealing with someone who was at the front desk for her charm and intellect. So I added:

"Sorry, I'm just kidding. Just the cheque please."

She said:

"I'm very sorry for the wait, sir"

The way she spat the 'sir' at me through gritted teeth made me realise a sharp exit was in order.

I hate banks. sad.gif

#96037 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 11 April 2007 - 06:06 PM in General Chat

having a really really really really bad day dry.gif

#95442 HSN Fantasy Football League

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 30 March 2007 - 11:47 AM in General Chat

despite starting later than everyone else and losing my password in October meaning i have been playing the same team all the time i am up to a very respectable 3rd place. ohmy.gif

#95377 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 27 March 2007 - 09:53 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Mar 27 2007, 10:38 PM) View Post
I was at dingwall last year, with SLJ unfortunately.

no you werent ya cheb

you went up THIS year ya prick

John Robertson scored the winner dry.gif

#95341 Lonely Hearts Ads

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 26 March 2007 - 07:41 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(xClairex @ Mar 26 2007, 08:35 PM) View Post
SLJ stole my heart

yip and im gonna keep it safe for ya cool.gif

#95340 Lonely Hearts Ads

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 26 March 2007 - 07:40 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(xClairex @ Mar 26 2007, 08:35 PM) View Post
SLJ stole my heart

yip and im gonna keep it safe for ya cool.gif

#95335 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 26 March 2007 - 06:03 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(F.J @ Mar 26 2007, 05:38 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Nathan @ Mar 26 2007, 05:34 PM) View Post
Yeah, it's funny. Unless you're a Stirling student, of course tongue.gif

I thought Stirling was a very prettiful place. And I was thinking of going there =)

its really really not

Glasgow is a steamin metropolis with smoke, dangerous fumes and some really weird tramps

so give up 5 years of your life to study in glasgow wink.gif

#95302 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 25 March 2007 - 11:26 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Dave @ Mar 25 2007, 11:50 PM) View Post
Its to maximise daylight hours at reasonable hours for the farmers or so i was told anyway

correct

QUOTE(dondon @ Mar 26 2007, 12:16 AM) View Post
That'snot what I meant at all blink.gif see what I mean, it can be very difficult to understand me, i meant I couldn'y explain why you'd be late rather than early. And I was told the same thing about the farmers aswell, so we don't actually need it anymore when theres hardly anyone farming any more you'd think.

there are tonnes of people farming probably more than ever

#95244 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 24 March 2007 - 12:20 AM in General Chat

QUOTE(Scott @ Mar 23 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post
Have I just witnessed a day long discussion about a roll? huh.gif

yes apparently so its a tad weird but not as weird as a convo i had on msn with johnjo

#94545 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 04 March 2007 - 05:45 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lesley @ Mar 4 2007, 05:38 PM) View Post
I saw the eclipse thingy! Although i just thought the moon was looking a bit fired up at the time.

I was away for the weekend and missed another of clyde's stunning 4-goal victories. Depressing stuff!

SLJ, you're not half having a bad weekend on the footballing front tongue.gif

oh shocking stuff at Firhill. the goals we conceded were amateurish patetic poor stupid and just really depressing stuff. Fair play to clyde passed us of the park and from their point of view the goals were decent. im just depressed with giving teams goals starts and a gift at the end of the game. make no mistake it should have been more but that was down to bad finishing rather than amazing defending

#94543 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 04 March 2007 - 05:23 PM in General Chat

yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Won the BB scottish final of Masterteam for the 3rd year in a row. Now got a trip to Inverness to look forward to. trying to retain our british title. smile.gif

got thumped 7-2 for p n b by bairnfica sad.gif

#94384 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 28 February 2007 - 02:52 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(kyle @ Feb 28 2007, 05:23 AM) View Post
My course at uni is really, really dull... I don't know if I want to do it anymore!

i know how u feel

im doing Accounts at Paisley and the theory sends you to sleep

#92550 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 07 January 2007 - 11:40 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jan 7 2007, 11:20 PM) View Post

six and half a dozen probably.

i prefer the A9 for scenery (thoguh wouldnt you have to go up to inverness and along? i dunno huh.gif)

the aberdeen way may be quicker since there is dual carriageway a lot of the way ...

to be honest I don't know.

But if it was me, I'd go the A9 way smile.gif

nah there is a road from aviemore to elgin which our bus would take

#92548 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 07 January 2007 - 11:09 PM in General Chat

calling all u people from the north

im trying to get to banff from glasgow

which route would you recommend?

up to aberdeen along to huntly and to banff that way or to aviemore and along to elgin

#92356 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 24 December 2006 - 02:02 AM in General Chat

same here

i wish xmas would be banned dry.gif

#92354 whats the answer

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 23 December 2006 - 11:31 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(paddyb67 @ Dec 22 2006, 10:16 PM) View Post

can i just say iv not bragged about the 'oxf***' thing at all, it was that gay, i mean john, that brought it up to use as an insult.
i have to say i dont give a shit, it all started because he wouldnt accept the correct answer so it just shows how childish he is with everything he says. he can try to be smart by saying big words like 'anally' and 'retentive' but the fact is hed get battered.

btw just out of interest what uni do u go 2?

and am i right with letting the oil spill out?

and i thought i was bad huh.gif

if your letting the oil out in your drinks then feel free anywhere else and it wont be welcome

no need to resort to childish swearing rolleyes.gif

#91902 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 10 December 2006 - 10:39 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 10 2006, 09:23 PM) View Post

I was just meaning I couldn't have coped, calm your pants. Since when does saying "I would have died" mean "I'd have become a big dirty ned"?

I never said anything about neds. Did I?

I'm really quite confused now.

Was it the shameful comment? I did put it in capitals to make it a sort of, "thing my granny would say" comment... Can only neds do shameful things now? Little emo kids and so on don't go having underage sex? I really don't get where you were getting this whole ned angle from, I'm sorry.

And Switch, I would probably literally have died, my dad would have killed me.

And I keep adding bits to this, but I may also have died of shock, considering I hadn't even kissed a boy until I was 16.

well i apologise then as i took your comment to mean that it was shameful to become pregnant at 15 and was angry at this so posted thats all

#91874 What's On Your Mind

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 10 December 2006 - 06:43 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 10 2006, 11:58 AM) View Post

The SHAME.

If I'd got pregnant at fifteen, I would possibly have died.

im sorry but i find this comment offensive

not everyone who gets pregnant and has a kid at 15 are uneducated neds. Sometimes accidents happen. Condoms are only 97% effective you know and i think it is stupid to say that getting pregnant at 15 years old is shameful .

In my uni course there are 3 girls who have had kids at 15 and they are not uneducated neds all 3 were accidents but they feel in their opinion that it has actually enriched their lifes and it has made them more determined to do well so that they can give their kid more in life.

To make a statement saying its shameful makes you seem, in my opinion, snobby and immature

I dont watch hollyoaks but maybe she has not been eating probperly to allow her baby to grow unsure.gif

RANT OVER

and before anyone asks no i didnt have a kid at 15

#91230 The Football Thread

Posted by south lanarkshire jag on 24 November 2006 - 10:49 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(lesley @ Nov 24 2006, 02:33 PM) View Post

QUOTE(south lanarkshire jag @ Nov 23 2006, 10:59 PM) View Post

disapointed with a draw against a lacklustre clyde side

only 1 team in it and it wasnt them ref botled sending one of their players off for a 2nd booking

should have won but we're joint top so its all kl biggrin.gif

You are relentless. I'm not sure what game you were at.

First half, i agree, clyde weren't up to much. Thankfully our strong defence swept up anything that came their way and 0-0 was a true reflection at HT.

Second half clyde took complete control and had the majority of the possesion - bar the last 10 mins or so after your goal. Incidentally your goal must have been your first shot all half and was at a time when we were reduced to 10 men with O'Donnell off receiving treatment.

Felt Imrie was fortunate to stay on, but his initial booking came after one of your defenders knocked into Arthur blink.gif so itmade up for that blunder. Other than that the Ref had a solid game.

Very disappointed to leave with 1pt. On the bright side i got through the family gate as u-12!

Gretna are top tongue.gif

Ref was too fussy for me wouldnt let freekicks be taken quickly from either teams

we are JOINT top in the respect of points but 2nd on goal difference however in 24 hours we shall be (hopefully) clear at the top smile.gif