Nathan's Content

There have been 7 items by Nathan (Search limited from 08-December 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#102448 Higher Mathematics Practice

Posted by Nathan on 08 September 2009 - 08:35 AM in Mathematics

I know this is a late reply, but I'm presuming by the date that you have just started the course properly in August, right?

I think that your teacher's pass rate (30%) says a lot about your their ability, given that the national average is about 70%, IIRC. Quite worrying, really!

However, if you're looking for questions to practice, I recommend the LTS Scotland Additional Question Bank, which also has full solutions.

And remember, HSN is here to help too smile.gif

#102447 Differentiation

Posted by Nathan on 08 September 2009 - 08:24 AM in Mathematics

The revision notes on this site should cover it pretty well. Just click the "Free Notes" tab at the top of this page. Failing that, as Amanda said, explain what it is that you don't understand and someone should be able to help smile.gif

#102435 UKCAT test

Posted by Nathan on 03 September 2009 - 08:07 AM in After School

Teachers would be hurting themselves if they did this. However, the exam is set by an independent group of universities with a view to "sort the men out from the boys", so to speak, when it comes to medicine/dentistry applications.

However, since the original post was made, several books regarding the UKCAT have been published. See here

#102434 Distance, Speed and Time Maybe

Posted by Nathan on 03 September 2009 - 08:01 AM in Mathematics

It is, but it's also covered in the higher maths syllabus smile.gif

#101850 Extended Response

Posted by Nathan on 27 March 2009 - 10:18 AM in Biology

You just need to really know your stuff and be able to explain it in an organised passage. Think of it this way...you'd want to be able to give your answer to a first or second year and expect them to understand what you're going on about. Othen than that, there's not much else I can suggest. Other than practise! Perhaps you could speak nicely to one of the teachers in your Biology Department. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to mark them for you and give you some pointers smile.gif

#101782 biology essays !

Posted by Nathan on 19 February 2009 - 06:15 AM in New Sixth Years

Hmm...I recall uploading stuff for essay questions back in the day. I'll have a scout about and see if I can find it.

Edit: Found it!

Edit 2: God, that was nearly 3 years ago! I'm getting so old! sad.gif

#101781 So what has changed?

Posted by Nathan on 19 February 2009 - 06:10 AM in General Chat

Well...I lasted a year and a bit doing Chemistry at Glasgow.

Dropped out and started working for BP M&S full-time.

Got promoted to manager.

Moved to Aberdeen with my marvellous girlfriend.

Offered job with Somerfield and then offered better pay with BP, so stayed with them.

Started Business Management (part-time) at RGU. Lasted 2 weeks.

Awaiting assesment for promotion (pretty much a dead-cert) and waiting for my store to be built!

And eternally wishing HSN would be like it was in the old days *sobs*