broxibabi's Content

There have been 27 items by broxibabi (Search limited from 01-December 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49176 Advanced Higher English: General Course Discussion

Posted by broxibabi on 14 August 2005 - 12:34 PM in English

Yeah you can, just go into your school, they should b able to give you them. Im gutted with my English. I was predicated at an A all year, then feel down to a C in the end. There was only 3 of us sittin it, n my friend was predicated a B, then failed,and this other guy was predicated to fail, n got a C huh.gif

#34160 The Times University Subject League Tables 2005

Posted by broxibabi on 06 June 2005 - 07:21 PM in Course Choices

Thank u! It just wasnt on that other thing and I wasnt sure!!!

#34159 Favourite Shop

Posted by broxibabi on 06 June 2005 - 07:18 PM in General Chat

Ha! I have tonnes...Topshop and H&M r my favs,but i love Primark too,and accessorize!

#34156 The Times University Subject League Tables 2005

Posted by broxibabi on 06 June 2005 - 07:13 PM in Course Choices

does anyone know which uni would b best for computer science in scotland, leaving out Edinburgh and St Andrews?! any guesses?!

#33975 Prom

Posted by broxibabi on 05 June 2005 - 07:47 PM in General Chat

Hmm im bored so I thought I'd start a discussion about proms! My schools is still to come,but I know a lot of people have had theirs. So did everyone have fun?! Ours is for 5th and 6th years so it should b fun,it was good last year too!

#33974 Summer work

Posted by broxibabi on 05 June 2005 - 07:45 PM in Student Life

Yeah they take 6th years. I was in 6th year when I started,and one of my friends is just going into 6th year and he has his 2nd interview on Thursday!

#33937 Stick on bras...

Posted by broxibabi on 05 June 2005 - 05:46 PM in General Chat

Aaaa dont use them! their horrible. My friend got one and it just wasnt good,plus I dont think it would give great support. It might b to noticeable,but you can get bras with a clear back to them!

#33936 Boyfriends/Girlfriends

Posted by broxibabi on 05 June 2005 - 05:40 PM in General Chat

Urmmm I met my boyfriend at school but we didn't start seein each other till we were at a party and we were both trashed! And now we've bn together for almost 10months. Drink might give you confidence,hehe,although it might have drastic effects!

#33935 Prize Giving

Posted by broxibabi on 05 June 2005 - 05:35 PM in General Chat

Im getting AH History and AH English....yeah,I had a fun year! huh.gif

#33932 Old School Cartoons

Posted by broxibabi on 05 June 2005 - 05:26 PM in General Chat

Sharky and George crimebusters of the sea....aw they were sooo great! I loved Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and Thudercats!!! No one ever remembers Thundercats! I also liked the Gummi Bears and Bananaman!

#33926 Summer work

Posted by broxibabi on 05 June 2005 - 05:10 PM in Student Life

Well trainings only for 6weeks. And its at night aswell,but just an hour longer each night. I left for a while in December bcoz of what I needed for Uni and I'd only started in June,but they were fine with it! And im starting again on the 20th!

#33911 Summer work

Posted by broxibabi on 05 June 2005 - 04:28 PM in Student Life

It's actually in Hamilton. Its First Direct. So you basically get payed 2 sit on the phone n help ppl with money! Its great!!!! The wages are meant 2 b risin too,and u get vouchers called Capital Ones, which can b spent in tonnes of shops,if u meet ur targets each month. biggrin.gif

#33821 Summer work

Posted by broxibabi on 05 June 2005 - 11:44 AM in Student Life

I know a good place to work if your looking for a more long-term job and not just over summer. And plus,if anyone phones and says that I recommended them I get £500, which I share with the person who said I recommended them. I work half 5-9, mon,tues,thurs and 10-half 1 on a Saturday morning. And I get paid £6.70 an hour! smile.gif

#33820 Undesireable subjects.

Posted by broxibabi on 05 June 2005 - 11:32 AM in Other

I hate how Drama is so easily disregarded. I think people just base their opinions of Drama on the 3rd and 4th yr course which,lets face it,is very simple in comparison to Higher. Having 45minutes to write 20 points with evidence and explination on gender issues(such as inequality),social conditions and nostalgia in at least 2 plays,but recommended to use 3 is quite difficult! And essays on The Crucible and such can sometimes be similar to what you would write in English. I think people should have a look at whats expected of the students before they make judgements.

#26795 RHCP

Posted by broxibabi on 23 May 2005 - 04:13 PM in General Chat

Iv only saw them the once,last summer at Murrayfield but they were really good smile.gif my fav song is Parallel Universe smile.gif and My Friends next

#26792 Advanced Higher History

Posted by broxibabi on 23 May 2005 - 04:03 PM in History

sad.gif did anyone sit Advanced History today?! How did anyone fine it that did?
The first paper was ok for the essays...but the second paper was horrible...I thot I was going to cry in the exam!!! I think I could have failed sad.gif Wot does everyone else think?

#22860 Advanced Higher English: General Course Discussion

Posted by broxibabi on 13 May 2005 - 07:18 PM in English

sad.gif How did everyone find it? My essay on Literary Study went quite well...but the Textual Analysis didn't go too well...did anyone else do that?

#21221 What Are YOU Listening To?

Posted by broxibabi on 04 May 2005 - 03:33 PM in General Chat

Im listening to My Chemical Romance - Helena biggrin.gif do love it!

#21117 T in the Park?!

Posted by broxibabi on 02 May 2005 - 09:42 PM in General Chat

I was at TITP the past 2 years but Im well upset I dont have a ticket for this year sad.gif Im hopin they bring out more coz thats how I got mines for last year coz they brought out day tickets. I saw Keane last year at the NME stage n I actually thot they were good coz I had a good laugh! I soooo wanna go this year tho!

#21091 T in the Park?!

Posted by broxibabi on 02 May 2005 - 08:02 PM in General Chat

Did anyone get tickets this year for TITP?! Im gutted,i finaaly persuaded my mum n dad to lend me the money until I got back to work on the day the actually sold out! Although,,,I think theyll take out more like they did last year. Is anyone going? Or has anyone went the past few years? smile.gif

#21059 Work

Posted by broxibabi on 02 May 2005 - 04:29 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 2 2005, 03:49 PM)
I do, what school do you go to? Can I ask? I think I know you

I tried getting a job there, they said I'm not experienced enough!

View Post

Do you mean me?! I go to Hamilton Grammar...who r u?! huh.gif

#21016 Work

Posted by broxibabi on 02 May 2005 - 11:27 AM in General Chat

I worked in First Direct in Hamilton for 6 months b4 i realised it was too much with studyin. But I am going back the week after my last exam. Its a massive call centre bank,and it takes on a lot of people. For the shortest shift,which is 14hours, usually mon-thurs half 5-9,you get £420 a month. And theres bonuses on top of that...so Id recommend there if you live near Hamilton! biggrin.gif

#21014 What Uni's?

Posted by broxibabi on 02 May 2005 - 11:16 AM in Course Choices

What university is everyone going to and to do what? I hardly know anyone who is going to Glasgow Uni,,,and I dont know why. Im going to Glasgow Uni to do either Law,which I have a Conditional for, or, Accountancy, which I have an unconditional for. What is everyone else doing?!

#21013 Advanced Higher English: General Course Discussion

Posted by broxibabi on 02 May 2005 - 11:12 AM in English

Hi there, is anyone else just a tad worried about Advanced Higher English?! My school hasnt ran the course since it was SYS,so basically theyv never ran this course, and we had to find out for ourselves what was in the actual exam as the teachers only bothered to find out for themselves in Feb! The first Textual Analysis we done was in the actual Prelim,thankfully we all passed it! Is anyone else doing TA,or is everyone handed in the creative writing pieces (which we were told had to be 4 pieces,not 2, and handed in in March,not at the actual exam!) unsure.gif

#21012 Green Day

Posted by broxibabi on 02 May 2005 - 11:07 AM in General Chat

If your gonna like Green Day,,,do it properly. As in listen to Longview, Minority, Hitchin A Ride, Warning, Redundant, When I Come Around, Nice Guys Finish Last, Macys Day Parade,,,,get some of their old stuff, trust me,its much better! smile.gif