superstar's Content

There have been 529 items by superstar (Search limited from 12-August 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#53089 Crashing Higher

Posted by superstar on 07 September 2005 - 02:56 PM in Business Management

Ok stop panicking! I did crash higher history and biz man last year and got As for both so it is totally possible! However, i do question why you choose biz man cause its really crap and boring lol!
But no, seriously its kinda wierd at the start cause you dont have any background in the suject but once you find your feet all will become clear! Maybe look through the SG revision book at the topic you are doing in class to get sum background!

Dont worry u'll be fine!!

#53086 Summer work

Posted by superstar on 07 September 2005 - 02:51 PM in Student Life

No neither do I!

I think that is stupid! Sum1 at 18 is just as capable of doing excatly the same job, quality of work blah blah that a 21 year old is! It is the most pointless thing ever!!

#53084 Ambitions in life

Posted by superstar on 07 September 2005 - 02:44 PM in General Chat

The most important ambition in life for me is just to be happy!

If im that then also i would like to become a successful lawyer, be a politician, change people lives for the better, run a marathon, travel to all different countries, be a highland dancing judge and hopefully get married and have kids.

#51304 Advice on Highers?

Posted by superstar on 24 August 2005 - 02:43 PM in Revision and Exams

For highers i used like all the revision books i could lay my hands on! I get soo bored readin the same book over and over again its much betta if u do a little system thing....

Eg...Higher Physics

1.I would read throo the notes i made throughout the year
2.Read the Leckie and Leckie book
3.Read the Chemcord book!

Believe me it works!

#51296 What height are you?

Posted by superstar on 24 August 2005 - 02:35 PM in General Chat

Well im officially the one of the smallest people on this site!
Im all of 5ft 2.5!!!
And u must not forget that half!!

#50299 What's On Your Mind

Posted by superstar on 18 August 2005 - 09:59 PM in General Chat

On my mind is the fact that im going to Uni in 3 weeks time and i really need to get all the stuff or im gona get really streese and forget sumthing essential!

#49366 Disappointed about my results

Posted by superstar on 15 August 2005 - 01:37 PM in Exam Results 2005

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ Aug 14 2005, 11:19 PM)

1. Do a sixth year- work really hard all year doing new subjects (ie not the ones you got A/B in but if your C is in english or maths then resit it). Although the prestigous universities like Glasgow, Aberdeen (and to a certain extent Strathclyde) dont like 2 sitting perhaps choose Glasgow Caledonian, Edinurgh, Dundee, Napier or Stirling.
3.Go to college and do an HNC/HND in Criminology/Legal Studies/ Business Law. Do not expect that this will put you into second year law but it may get you into the course.
4. Go to university and do a law related course for one year on the understanding with the uni that you can switch into Law after good first year grades

View Post

Okay some of that is a bit wrong!

Edinburgh dont like it over a second sitting either! I think Edinburgh would be classed as "prestigous" especially for Law!
Also if u do an HNC in Legal studies u can go into 2nd year of a BA in Law but not an LLB
And if you go to uni u cant switch to law unless you go back to first year! As there are certain courses you must take in first yr so that your degree is accredited by the law society and is a proper LLB Law degree

#49090 Scotland and its culture - YOUR opinions.

Posted by superstar on 13 August 2005 - 05:57 PM in General Chat

- Where are you from? Im from Brechin

- What is your opinion of the country? I think it is quite a good country really! Has a lot of unique things compaired with other countries. I would like it to be the best small country in the world.

- Are you patriotic?? Yeh i suppose i am!

- What is the most patriotic thing you have done? ( laugh.gif ) I one of a handful of dancers from Scotland who went to Canada and won medals!

- Are you proud to be from Scotland (are you from Scotland?) Yeh!! Most definately!

- What do you like best about the country? The traditions and culture, the people and their spirit of the in adversity ,Irn Bru tongue.gif , the unique instutions.

- What do you not like about it? Sectarianism, the weather, the riots the idiots etc (but every country has people like that!!)

#48795 SQA 2005 Exam Results Thread

Posted by superstar on 11 August 2005 - 07:34 PM in Exam Results 2005

QUOTE(Shaun @ Aug 10 2005, 11:13 PM)
I think I know a way to work out some of your bands.

It is my understanding that SQA exam results are listed by level first, then by grade, i.e.

AH Maths B
H Geography B
Higher Chemistry C
Higher Accounting C

Notice how Chemistry comes before Accounting, shouldn't it be the other way around so they are in alphabetical order?  Does this mean I got a band 6 for Accounting and a band 5 for Chemistry?

The reason I know that they are meant to be in alphabetical order - look at your standard grade results.  They are ordered by level, then grade then alphabetical order by subject.

View Post

No its defo doesnt work like that cause last year i got Bs in both french and english! But english came first on my certificate and i got a band 4 and in french i got a band 3!

#48790 What grade did you get in Higher BM?

Posted by superstar on 11 August 2005 - 07:28 PM in Business Management

I got an A aswell!

#48789 Mobile Phones

Posted by superstar on 11 August 2005 - 07:25 PM in General Chat

I've got a Motorola v500 but i want to get another phone well a new tariff of sumthing esle! I think sumthing like what Jill has sounds really gud! How much were u for the phone in the first place??

#48467 How Did You Do In Spanish

Posted by superstar on 10 August 2005 - 07:10 PM in Spanish

Well i did Int 2 Spanish!

I got a B was hoping for an A though! I found the listening really hard and that would have brought down my grade a lot!

#48464 'Exams "Dumbed Down" '

Posted by superstar on 10 August 2005 - 07:04 PM in Exam Results 2005

I know i think this is just sooo cynical in fact it makes me quite mad!!

Its like wen the pass rates go up slightly, cum on its only 2%, people cry the exams must be getting easier! But then if they were to dip it would be like all teenagers are hoolagans who dont study and beat up old ladies!!
Cum on!
Give us a break!

#48460 Disappointed about my results

Posted by superstar on 10 August 2005 - 06:54 PM in Exam Results 2005

QUOTE(Rubberducky @ Aug 10 2005, 09:10 AM)
Thats a shame! You should go to college for a year and do legal studies, then u will get into law no bother the next year.

View Post

Thats defo the way to go! It takes a year and then if u do well u will defo get excepted for uni. I know at least two people who did it this way!

QUOTE(bred @ Aug 10 2005, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 10 2005, 04:10 PM)
I really don't see how you can't do Law at somewhere like Edinburgh.

If you have ABBBC then you have more than the entry qualifications. Am I missing something?

View Post

BBBB is the minimum required for entry but I imagine very few people, if any get in with those grades (although through the LEAPS programme or something similar you may well have a better chance).

From the Edinburgh University website:

"In addition to considering achieved and predicted academic qualifications we will look for applicants who have demonstrated commitment to non academic activities alongside their studies. These include sporting, musical, art and voluntary activities; related work experience/evidence of career exploration (into practice or otherwise); paid employment; and also school based extracurricular activities.

Weight will also be given to applicants who show a clear interest in the study of law in their personal statement.

LLB students at the University of Edinburgh come from a wide range of backgrounds and have varied interests and career plans but they have in common the ability and determination to cope with a very demanding programme of study."

As Glasgow_girl_17 said as well, the typical qualifications of LLB entrants are AAAAB+ in one sitting or AAA predicted at A-level.

View Post

Edinburgh is really hard to get into Law and it is all about the grades!! It doesnt matter what you wirte on your personal statement and all the other stuff if you dont have over AAAAB! I had AAABB and got rejected last year and i know people who had AAAAB who didnt get in either! The whole crap in the prospectus of BBBB is stupid and misleading as they wont even take a 2nd look at sum1 with those grades!
Plus they take ages to reply and hold up your whole ucas form!

#48456 What did you get in the 2005 Higher History Exam?

Posted by superstar on 10 August 2005 - 06:40 PM in History

I got an A!
Was well chuffed cause i thought that the exam was tough and i definately didn't write my best essays!

#47989 SQA 2005 Exam Results Thread

Posted by superstar on 09 August 2005 - 12:25 PM in Exam Results 2005

1. What are your results? (Grades & Level)

Higher History A
Higher Business Management A
Higher Music A
Int 2 Spanish B

2. Did you meet your expectations?

Yeh very happy! Would have liked an A in Spanish though!

3. If not, are you going to appeal?

Nope, don't need too!

4. Have you made any decisions now about what you will do regarding further study/university?

Already had an unconditional for LLB Law at Dundee Uni

5. How do you feel about your exam results?

Very happy and relieved! tongue.gif

6. What time did you receive your results?

Just after 10 which was like 2 hours early!! Was chuffed! biggrin.gif

#47684 What's On Your Mind

Posted by superstar on 08 August 2005 - 09:58 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(lesley @ Aug 8 2005, 10:09 PM)
I'm leaving my house early in the morning, about 920, to catch a bus to montrose. I bloody hope the posty arrives before then. I'd hate someone else to open my envelope...

View Post

I would neva have my post by then! Why u goin to Montrose?? I live about 15 minutes from there??

#47678 Today

Posted by superstar on 08 August 2005 - 09:48 PM in Exam Results 2005

See im quite nervous too, not too bad but bad enough! I dont think im as bad as last year cause i have an unconditional but i dont think it makes it any easier! I still want to do really well! Unfortunately i dont think i have but we will just have to wait and see! At the end of the day, i did my best!!

#47517 Today

Posted by superstar on 08 August 2005 - 11:22 AM in Exam Results 2005

I cant believe it my post came at 12.15 today!!!
God do they think i can wait that long tomoz!! My nerves will be frazzeled by then!

#47453 What's On Your Mind

Posted by superstar on 07 August 2005 - 09:03 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(broughy @ Aug 7 2005, 06:53 PM)
on my mind - i hate work

View Post

Me 2! I really wouldnt care if i neva set foot in my work ever again, i really wouldn't! mad.gif

#47139 Summer work

Posted by superstar on 04 August 2005 - 08:59 PM in Student Life

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Aug 4 2005, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE(lesley @ Aug 3 2005, 10:19 PM)
Roll on Friday smile.gif

The manager practically called me a liar today. She "couldn't quite believe" my reason for leaving. Basically i told her the reason i'm quitting is because i've earnt nearly £900 and if i earn any mroe i'll need to tell the SAAS. This would more than likely reduce my bursary amount, so it's pointless earning money when it'll be taken off the thing i'm getting for free. So i had to sign a form which is being sent to Gregg's which is to do with my dodgy leaving reason or soemthing.

View Post

Your manager sounds a bigger tit than mine.

View Post

God wot is it with managers? Mine is a pain in the a**e as well! She really does my head in with all her insults! Her latest was that she looks 4wrd to her Saturdays off most as she doesn't have to work with me and the other Saturday girl!! ohmy.gif

#46096 Preparing for University

Posted by superstar on 31 July 2005 - 05:17 PM in After School

QUOTE(broughy @ Jul 30 2005, 07:37 PM)
lol, i found out last year how much stationary can cost you - not something i want to repeat! & i like having pretty folders & being all organised.....but thats probably just me! & only applies to uni work!

also, you totally don't realise the impact that having to wear your own clothes (ie. not uniform!) every day has on your wardrobe. it gets boring soooooo quickly, cos the only comfortable option (this has been discussed with other mates from uni) is jeans, a hoodie, & trainers. that is, unless your one of those "arts & social sciences" students who is only in uni about 3 hours a day & who's first lecture starts at 11 so have got plenty time to get up & make yourself look pretty, in which case feel free to dress up in all your favourite skirts & dresses & high heels. us scientists, we go for comfort, & when you have leave the house at obscene times of the morning to get to your 9am lecture, you really can't be bothered faffing around!

View Post

See i totally think that bout uni 2! I will need loadsa stationery cause i like all my folders n files in oder in nice folders! In fact i am a bit of a freak over all stuff like that!

As for clothes i really duno if i have enough clothes for uni!! I think i may need to get sum more!....feeling a shopping trip coming on!...wishful thinking thoo as i have zero money!

#46090 Today

Posted by superstar on 31 July 2005 - 04:33 PM in Exam Results 2005

Gosh! I cant believe its a week on Tuesday! It seems to have come around so quickly! I would like to say that im not thinkin about it, i am! I dont really know wot to think i suppose we betta just wait and see!

#43955 What are you reading?

Posted by superstar on 21 July 2005 - 10:12 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jul 21 2005, 09:50 PM)
Where Rainbows End is FAB.  I love it.  I've read it so many times.

I'm nearly finished Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination by Helen Fielding.  It's great, loving it.

View Post

Olivia Joules is such a good book its soo funny! I read it on hols last year and i luved it! biggrin.gif

Yeh i think Where Raimbows End sounds really good! I will defo be reading that sumtime soon! After i have read the pile of unread books in my house i have collected! tongue.gif

#43740 What are you reading?

Posted by superstar on 21 July 2005 - 09:59 AM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jul 19 2005, 06:51 PM)
I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix.  Because my little brother's reading the new one.  Can't wait to get my hands on it.

View Post

See i need to read that one aswell i got 3/4 of the way through it and never finished it so i will need to start it again b4 i read the new one!

QUOTE(tuppence @ Jul 19 2005, 07:44 PM)
I'm currently reading 'The Lovely Bones'.

It won the Richard & Just best read award so I just HAD to read it.

View Post

Another of the books i 1/2 read last year. Is it good? Wen i read it last year i didnt think it was anything special but maybee thts cause i didnt finish it!