Hev's Content

There have been 67 items by Hev (Search limited from 27-November 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#94460 sigma notation

Posted by Hev on 01 March 2007 - 11:52 PM in Mathematics

yeah i got it all now thanks smile.gif

think i was just far too tired for maths.

know the feeling? haha

#94447 Prelims

Posted by Hev on 01 March 2007 - 08:32 PM in Mathematics

my prelim was absolutly hell. but then again for the 3 days up to it i was off work and school throwing up and just had to go to do my prelim otherwise i wasn't gonna get to sit it.
got myself a D 42% which i was pleased with to be fair. i'm really not good at it and do like absolutly no extra work at home.
plus the last test i got i failed a lovely 29% so atleast i've improved eh? lol

#94446 Reflections on Adv. Maths (Pure)

Posted by Hev on 01 March 2007 - 08:29 PM in Mathematics

yeah it makes this year a hell of a lot easier i must say.

i don't find the course perticularily spectacular. i do just have a good class for banter.

except i'm the only girl and when they start talking about golf... goodness me *rolls eyes*

#94394 Reflections on Adv. Maths (Pure)

Posted by Hev on 28 February 2007 - 08:14 PM in Mathematics

i'm finding it hell on earth, i just really like the class.

i've been given 5 unconditional offers so this year was just kinda to mess about with.

#94393 sigma notation

Posted by Hev on 28 February 2007 - 08:10 PM in Mathematics

Find Sn= (n-1) above sigma.gif r=0 under 3^r

help me please!

#93448 Integration by Parts

Posted by Hev on 30 January 2007 - 01:02 PM in Mathematics

2002. quesion 5.

Use integration by parts to evaluate the intergral between 1 and 0 [ln(1+x)]dx

the answer is 2ln2 - 1

i got ln(1+x) - [(1+x)^2]/2

please help!! sad.gif

#91204 Biology Investigation Help!

Posted by Hev on 24 November 2006 - 10:44 AM in Biology

I am doing an investigation into the antibacterial effects of shampoo and how they vary in different brands, types, etc. To do this I have to grow bacteria on agar plates. Does anyone know which kind of bacteria I would be best to use, so that I can add it to my kit list?

Thank You biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#90982 Biology Nab

Posted by Hev on 15 November 2006 - 03:49 PM in Biology

:| god!
it's usually us firing questions at the teachers! haha.
our teachers are pritty honest about what is basically too much information.
i once had to ask the head of the department a question cause neither of my teachers knew the answer. then he waffled. it was fun.
but the teacher we do our projects with is really ill so out projects are getting delayed sad.gif gonna be such a cram in decemeber to get everything wrapped up before the holidays!

#90934 Biology Nab

Posted by Hev on 13 November 2006 - 12:16 AM in Biology

i prefer it that way. think it makes everything alot more interesting and easier to ask questions about something you don't understand.

#90933 Investigations

Posted by Hev on 13 November 2006 - 12:15 AM in Biology

i think our plan is to do it before the christmas hols so afterwards we can revise in january for the prelims (end of january til february - last day is my birthday to be exact sad.gif!)

#90844 Investigations

Posted by Hev on 08 November 2006 - 10:35 PM in Biology

still make me laugh!! haha! but i mean i do AH maths, maths teachers are the worst!!

i'm doing mines at the beach, 'cause i have bits missing in my head haha. really wanted to start it a couple months back, but things were going too slowly, so now i'm going to be standing at the beach in the middle of november. the joys.

#90842 Biology Nab

Posted by Hev on 08 November 2006 - 10:32 PM in Biology

i ain't too great at spelling either, been known to make up my own words every-so-often *cough* all the time. haha.
we've not really done much of anything to be honest, just doing talks n taking notes, then having like open Q & A discussion.

#90836 Struggling with Adv Maths

Posted by Hev on 08 November 2006 - 10:18 PM in Mathematics

yep oh so lonely sad.gif haha. i've been quite lucky though, alot of the lads are my mates anyway. and i can just use my charm and beauty on them to get them to give me answers haha!

and kudos on the geeks! haha! i kid.

#90790 Biology Nab

Posted by Hev on 07 November 2006 - 06:30 PM in Biology

our school hasn't done any nabs or tests ATALL yet for ah bio!

#90765 Investigations

Posted by Hev on 06 November 2006 - 11:24 PM in Biology

i'm agreeing with the mass of stuff there is to learn, mega shock!

i think for my investigation i'm doing the rates of different species of seaweed drying out. no one has done an out door project before in my school, so i'm being a pioneer! haha!

#90762 integration by substitution

Posted by Hev on 06 November 2006 - 10:21 PM in Mathematics

ok i've got it now, thanks smile.gif i pritty much got the most of it, except where u changed the limits? i'm not sure if we actually did those in class, i don't have them in my notes, but i miss out 40 minutes a week due to a double period class with advanced higher biology classes so i might just have missed it out in class. i'll go back and try n learn that better. calculus is not my favourite i must say. but thank you for all your help

#90759 integration by substitution

Posted by Hev on 06 November 2006 - 10:03 PM in Mathematics

ok, so when u have the d[theta] that means times by d[theta] so u change it for dx/cos[theta]?

we have two teachers for the advanced course, and one of them i understand but the other i don't follow her style of teaching atall, n it's her that's teaching us this.

#90757 integration by substitution

Posted by Hev on 06 November 2006 - 09:59 PM in Mathematics

that's so confussing! i'm really not good at this

#90755 integration by substitution

Posted by Hev on 06 November 2006 - 09:41 PM in Mathematics

that's as far as i got by myself, then i got really stuck, it's always the next bit i mess up.

#90752 integration by substitution

Posted by Hev on 06 November 2006 - 09:24 PM in Mathematics

i really can't get my head around these questions, i managed a few easier ones but this one is just getting me good sad.gif

using the substituion x= 1 + sin[theta] evaluate

integral of cos[theta] over (1+sin[theta])^3 with respect to theta

which is defined by pie/2 and 0

anyone help me?

#90751 Struggling with Adv Maths

Posted by Hev on 06 November 2006 - 09:21 PM in Mathematics

i'm the only girl in my school doing advanced higher maths sad.gif not only is it very lonely, but i'm finding it EXTREMELY hard, in a Unit 1 test i got 29%!! sad.gif

#87091 Results Thread

Posted by Hev on 08 August 2006 - 11:31 PM in Exam Results 2006

1. What you got
Higher
Maths B
human Bio B
Chemistry C
English C
History C

2. Did you meet your expectations

yes n no, maths i was happy with cos i was told i wasnt going to pass atall tongue.gif and english cos i failed my prelim but i was hoping for an A in human biology and deffinatly a B if not an A in History but i got poor essay questions so i was very dissapointed

3. If not will you appeal?
everything is the same marks i got in my prelim except english which i failed. i may try for a history appeal with essays from class and stuff... maybe sad.gif

4. What are you plans now?
6th year, not going to resit anything, starting afresh with Adv H biology and maths, and H drama and sociology before going on to uni to do something in biology

5. How do you plan on celebrating?
no plans as of yet, too busy working sad.gif but i'm sure i'll find a way wink.gif

#83513 Choices for 2006/2007 session

Posted by Hev on 10 June 2006 - 11:54 AM in New Sixth Years

i had to give up Adv H History cos it was just too much hassel

now i'm taking AH Maths, AH Biology, H Drama n H Sociology

apart from maths clashing with like everything on my time table it seems to be ok so far

#80685 Higher Human 2001 Past Paper Question

Posted by Hev on 21 May 2006 - 10:09 PM in Biology

exactly, what exactly was the point of saying it anyway?

you don't deserve to be my name same biggrin.gif

#80675 Higher Human 2001 Past Paper Question

Posted by Hev on 21 May 2006 - 08:38 PM in Biology

that was a bit blunt