broughy's Content

There have been 119 items by broughy (Search limited from 21-May 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#94501 Giving blood...

Posted by broughy on 02 March 2007 - 08:58 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Switch @ Mar 1 2007, 11:01 PM) View Post
QUOTE(broughy @ Mar 1 2007, 10:11 PM) View Post
haha, i still can't give blood - i love my piercings too damn much it appears!

Haha! Gotta love that hepititis risk! =D

all my piercings were properly sterile i'll have you know!

#94453 Giving blood...

Posted by broughy on 01 March 2007 - 10:11 PM in General Chat

haha, i still can't give blood - i love my piercings too damn much it appears!

i like the idea of criminals having to give blood though. but i do still think prision is the answer

#94411 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 28 February 2007 - 11:05 PM in General Chat

i want a car

#94383 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 28 February 2007 - 02:49 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(kyle @ Feb 28 2007, 05:23 AM) View Post
My course at uni is really, really dull... I don't know if I want to do it anymore!

i know that feeling all too well. i sit in lectures these days & think "when the hell am i gonna need to know this?"

#94368 Law at Glassgow or Strathclyde.

Posted by broughy on 27 February 2007 - 06:35 PM in Course Choices

QUOTE(Lesley @ Feb 27 2007, 04:10 PM) View Post
SINGH 4 PRESIDENT!! tongue.gif

eh no, he's an arts & social sciences person! we want scientists running the union - we get forgotten about, in fact, there's only one candidate thats even bothered to come near any of our lectures!

#94326 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 26 February 2007 - 10:13 PM in General Chat

lol, one of my mates from work once made me a birthday card from one of the "customer notice" cards we have for customers to put up wee notices on the board. i still have it, just cos it makes me laugh

#94146 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 20 February 2007 - 04:06 PM in General Chat

i know. i was there too.

on another note, how difficult & weird is it when boy mates actually want to talk to you about serious stuff! this mate is usually a very happy kind of person, always having a laugh - really kinda freaked me out when he started talking about serious stuff, i was really rubbish & didn't have a clue what to say huh.gif

#94050 Glasgow !

Posted by broughy on 16 February 2007 - 06:38 PM in After School

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Feb 14 2007, 09:28 AM) View Post
Blackfriars is more aimed at Strathclyde students to be honest. One of my mates from school is living in there just now and it's pretty decent - en suite bathroom, double bed, free internet for...78 a week maybe?

Cooperage Place would be more suitable for students of Glasgow Uni I'd say.

there's a UNITE place up near Caley aswell i think - Buchanan View i think its called

#93997 Prelims 2007

Posted by broughy on 14 February 2007 - 10:22 PM in Revision and Exams

QUOTE(Nathan @ Feb 14 2007, 06:57 PM) View Post
Not really prelims, but I got my maths grade back today.

F3...that's only 3 grades above a credit refused....I'm gutted...I know it was self-inflicted failure, but I'm still gutted sad.gif ....ah well, there's always the resit smile.gif

er, if you're getting the credits for it, why do you need to resit? unsure.gif

#93971 Driving Test

Posted by broughy on 14 February 2007 - 04:20 PM in General Chat

i passed!! first time, 5 minors!! was sure i'd screwed it up cos my manouvres were rubbish, but yey!!

#93946 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 13 February 2007 - 08:59 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(John @ Feb 12 2007, 07:07 PM) View Post
Physics isn't a waste of time.

[awaits broughy to do the backing up happy.gif]

physics is the science of everything. 'nuff said. anyone who needs this explaining to them is clearly thick. without physics, we'd know next to nothing about the world we live in. some people would say thats not a bad thing, but i think its absolutely vital.

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Feb 12 2007, 11:34 PM) View Post
Pfft. Physics is less of a waste of time than those arts subjects. *nose in air*

with you all the way on that one. there might be a few which are worthwhile, but compare the number of arts degrees awarded in a given year with the number of science degrees, & that'll tell you what you really should be doing. & no, i don't mean going with the majority. who wants a degree in something like psychology or sociology when everyone & his wife has one? definitely not me!

QUOTE(dondon @ Feb 13 2007, 08:19 PM) View Post
I have a great answer for your problems, and 2 of mine, we should just kill all the boys, maybe keep a couple in a zoo for reproductive purposes because they are all just far more trouble than they are worth (most of the time)

i whole-heartedly agree!

#93763 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 07 February 2007 - 06:21 PM in General Chat

i loved the piece i wrote for my higher music. i just went for a really simple theme & variation. wrote for 2 clarinets, a flute & a piano. i never actually heard it being played properly, but when i finished it i put it into Sebelius, so i heard the computer version of the instruments playing it, lol. twas good.

#93591 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 02 February 2007 - 06:04 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Feb 2 2007, 04:18 PM) View Post
Is Carling alright? And how far is it from the train station/which train/tube station do I get? Or how would you get there if you were too scared to drive from Fife.
I'm about to buy tickets for Klaxons in Carling. Suitable 18th celebration?

how would you be getting to Glasgow? cos if its to Queen St Station or the bus station, your best bet is go to Buchanan St underground station, & get the underground to Bridge St - its just along the road from Carling Academy

#93470 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 30 January 2007 - 08:19 PM in General Chat

sounds ok to me. but i wouldn't take my word for it - english never was my strong point!

#93439 Driving Test

Posted by broughy on 29 January 2007 - 11:10 PM in General Chat

well done! there seems to be a wee wave of people passing first time at the minute - hope i'm next!

#93335 Driving Test

Posted by broughy on 25 January 2007 - 10:34 PM in General Chat

well done!

#93286 Driving Test

Posted by broughy on 24 January 2007 - 08:16 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jan 24 2007, 08:01 PM) View Post
Am I the only person on this planet that cant be bothered learning how to drive? huh.gif Cant be bothered and cant afford it.

its sooooooo much fun though! i love driving, yes its a bit scary at times, but i'm just looking forward to passing & being able to go anywhere any time i like!

#93284 Driving Test

Posted by broughy on 24 January 2007 - 07:58 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Jan 24 2007, 07:02 PM) View Post
Driving test tomorrow. Scared. Don't feel ready. Don't like driving. Trying to think positively. Argh.

And, stupid question but what do you wear? I have the choice of jeans or school trousers.

i'm sure you'll be fine! i know how you feel though - my test is 3 weeks today! just remember, its not the end of the world if you don't pass - if worst comes to worst, you resit it in a month or so, its not like school exams where you have to wait a year to make up for one wee mistake! just stay confident, & if you make a mistake, forget it & move on, don't let it affect the rest of your driving. fingers crossed for you though, good luck!!

i don't really think it matters what you wear! personally i'd wear jeans, but thats just what i wear 24/7! just go with whatever you're more comfy in!

#93267 Conditional/Uncondtional Offers from Universities

Posted by broughy on 24 January 2007 - 03:41 PM in Course Choices

ok, people who haven't got offers back yet - calm down! its only january! no point in worrying about it. just cos you've not heard back from x uni to study y course yet & somebody else has, means nothing!

#93108 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 21 January 2007 - 07:23 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 21 2007, 11:29 AM) View Post
I was doing my best Claire's Accessories employee impression.

"Would you be interested in one of these piggy banks? They're only 1.80! It'd make a GREAT gift!"

claires accessories people really annoy me! if i wanted one of the pens/mini calculators/nail files/jewellery boxes sitting next to the till, i'd bloomin well pick it up with the rest of the stuff i'm buying! grrr!

you can tell i shop in claires accessories too much, can't you

#93083 Conditional/Uncondtional Offers from Universities

Posted by broughy on 20 January 2007 - 08:09 PM in Course Choices

QUOTE(maria @ Jan 20 2007, 01:45 PM) View Post
Out of interest, has anyone heard anything back from Strathclyde University..and if so, which faculty?

my brother has a conditional from arts & social sciences which he got the other day, & apparently one of his friends has an unconditional

#92963 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 17 January 2007 - 07:02 PM in General Chat

last exam tomorrow. don't have the foggiest idea what its all about - electronics really bore me, so i'm finding studying verrrrrrry difficult. just want it all over & done with so i can enjoy friday & saturday - 2 days where i have absolutely nothing to do, yey!

#92836 Quantity multipliers

Posted by broughy on 15 January 2007 - 11:12 PM in Physics

to be honest, if you do enough past papers & practise questions, they kinda eventually stick in your head. at least thats what i found.

mind you, i can still be heard shouting in labs "milli is 10 to the minus 3, yeah?". but thats just making sure, obviously tongue.gif

#92835 applying through clearing?

Posted by broughy on 15 January 2007 - 11:07 PM in After School

yeah you can, but i'm pretty sure you'd need to fill in a UCAS form in August once you got your results though

#92773 What's On Your Mind

Posted by broughy on 14 January 2007 - 10:44 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Jan 14 2007, 10:07 PM) View Post

Don't stress about maths. The AB tests are purely evil and you must pretend they don't exist.

never mind AB tests being evil - maths is evil!