gary's Content

There have been 535 items by gary (Search limited from 21-May 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#6925 Personal Statements

Posted by gary on 10 October 2004 - 10:42 AM in Course Choices

I was so worried about doing my statement, but when I started writing it I had to cut stuff out of it because I had so much to write. So don't worry about it.

#6923 NAB - Unit 1

Posted by gary on 10 October 2004 - 10:37 AM in Chemistry

I am doing my NAB the week after the October break.

#6922 HELP! with this question

Posted by gary on 10 October 2004 - 10:34 AM in Mathematics

A rectangular flag is to have trimming attached along 3 of its sides. The length of the trimming is 240 centimetres.

If x centimetres is the length of the flag, show that the area of the flag, A square centimetres, is given by A(x) = 2x (120-x).

Also can anyone help with this fraction it has puzzled me because my final answer has came out weird:

9/1 x 1/81 - 2/1 x 1/9

#6921 INT 2 TUTOR

Posted by gary on 10 October 2004 - 10:26 AM in Mathematics

If you are stuck with anything ask me I done well in Int 2 last year.

I don't know any tutors but sorry.

#6904 Help!

Posted by gary on 09 October 2004 - 05:01 PM in Chemistry

Thank You tongue.gif

#6886 Help!

Posted by gary on 09 October 2004 - 09:28 AM in Chemistry

Hey,

Can someone help me with these questions please:

An element has the electron arrangement 2,8,18,18,8,2

What will the main type of bonding be between its atoms?

Why does this electron have a higher boiling point thatn its neighbour with an electron arrangement 2,8,18,18,8,1?

CH4 and CF4 are both polar molecular compounds in which the moclecules both have the same tetrahedral shape.

Which would you expect to have the higher boiling point and why?

The HCF3 molecule also has a tetrahedral shape and its boiling point is higher than that of CH4 and CF4. Suggest a reason for this.

Silicon dioxide and carbon dioxide have similar names and similar formulae. Yet these two compounds are very different in their properties.
Explain in terms of bonding and structure why silicon is a high melting point solid and carbon dioxide is a gas at room temperature.

SiO2 CO2

#6207 Growth of democracy

Posted by gary on 11 September 2004 - 05:28 PM in History

Thank you for the help would you be able to give me a paragraph plan.

#6198 Struggling

Posted by gary on 11 September 2004 - 12:43 PM in Mathematics

Thanks for the tips biggrin.gif

#6197 Strathclyde Open Day

Posted by gary on 11 September 2004 - 12:41 PM in Course Choices

QUOTE(Dave @ Sep 11 2004, 12:27 PM)
about the glasgow student helpers i can't really say because i didn't really have much contact with them but they did seem very clinical in their approach to us tho

View Post

They were very cheeky, I asked one of them how to get to Cali University from Glasgow Uni and he just went 'Why would I know anything about that University' rolleyes.gif

#6196 Do I Have A Chance

Posted by gary on 11 September 2004 - 12:39 PM in New Sixth Years

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Sep 11 2004, 10:41 AM)
I'm pretty sure that you could pass them. I know people who have stuffed up in S5 but then really put the work in in S6 and got the grades they needed.  You've got a good chance of getting Chemistry and History anyway since you're resitting. You must be quite good at math and english to pass the Int2's so there's no reason why you shouldn't get the grades in them. Just really work hard all year and don't forget what you need. I did that last year and it worked for me. If you need any help just ask, good luck!

View Post

Thank You tongue.gif