Kevin_Kilbane's Content

There have been 348 items by Kevin_Kilbane (Search limited from 07-August 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#15614 Pressure to goto Uni

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 01 March 2005 - 05:23 PM in General Chat

Its happines whats important.

If Kirsty isnt happy at Uni, she shouldn't go. You and I are happy going, hence why we are going.

As for the in thing. These people stupid? When they leave schol they won't see half these people again.

#14843 Science @ Strathclyde 2005

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 18 February 2005 - 05:32 PM in Course Choices

Its helpful for first time students and their parents like me.

#15102 Science @ Strathclyde 2005

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 21 February 2005 - 10:42 PM in Course Choices

I am a first generation student. No-one in the family (apart from my cousin who is at Napier but no-one speaks regularly) to go to University.

#15449 Science @ Strathclyde 2005

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 25 February 2005 - 11:59 PM in Course Choices

Glasgow's got the snob value attachted to it i.e. saying you went to Glasgow Uni can instantly impress employers. Saying that, depending on what subject/course/degree you done at Strathclyde, you could also be sorted.

I like Glasgow's Accounting degree, the Uni and the area it is in. Thats why I am most likely choosing there.

#15097 Science @ Strathclyde 2005

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 21 February 2005 - 10:23 PM in Course Choices

QUOTE(Dave @ Feb 18 2005, 09:47 PM)
yes but they also said the same thing for parents meetings for P1 pupils. Which certainly at my school was useless...all they talked about was stupid things like "your son/daughter may be very tired then they come home and fall asleep"!!!!...i still do that

View Post

Well even though I am intending to go to Glasgow I think it will be very useful as my parents know nothing about the University process.

#23711 Is it just me?....

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 16 May 2005 - 04:01 PM in General Chat

Ive been calm since my "Third year exams".

I remember I was abseloutly mince-ing it for a Maths one, but I have been fine ever since.

Everyone thinks that I am really nervous but I am probably the calmest out there!

#16861 Strathclyde Business School Open Day

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 23 March 2005 - 05:51 PM in Course Choices

Anyone at it today?

It was perhaps the most skankiest University I have ever been too/see. The place is falling to bits like my school.

Felt the course/lecturers made it far too like school.

Glasgow for me!

#19931 Strathclyde Business School Open Day

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 20 April 2005 - 09:16 PM in Course Choices

u r not there for the furniture and surroundings- u r there to learn,

And the 12 floor Main Library at Glasgow containing 1.5 million books is quite a nice place to learn. Added to this is the numerous other libraries for each faculty as well as the numerous computing facilties such as the Reading Room, Glasgow's an excellent place to learn. wink.gif

As for the surroundings? Stuck in Townhead with buildings almost crumbling...

meet new people

Thats the point of University but at Glasgow I am happy with the broad diversity of students coming not only from Scotland but from down South and abroad such as USA, Estonia, Finland...

and the atmosphere

IMO, I'd say Glasgow's the best student Campus in the UK - West End is studen friendly, Ashton Lane is great as well as the two Unions.

i loved it and nobody can change my views about it.

Its important you like the place. Its important your happy there. I didnt like Strathlcyde, you did. I love Glasgow, you don't. Each to our own...

o YEH and the lecture theatre in the John Anderson building was v. modern actually!

Not like some of them I was at in the Open Day. Seats falling to part - worse than my school and thats saying something laugh.gif

IN FACT i did not come across anything that put me off with the place.

I did. The lecturers treating you like you are at school. The University getting people to take you to and from places - we're not 5 years olds. Having to pick 4 subjects where as at Glasgow they are already picked for your. The crap Union. The crap area. The lack of student friendlyness. Glasgow's "classic" reputation.

Strathclyde over Glasgow any day

Each to our own.

#16865 Strathclyde Business School Open Day

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 23 March 2005 - 07:23 PM in Course Choices

Its like the Lazer Quest.

The GUU at Glasgow and QM are the best.

Found it funny though because there was this student there talking about student life and he would not stop going on about booze, booze, booze. He was like, "aye if yer stressed, just go for a pint" or "on Freshers week I was sober for about wan hour". Haha Loved it.

Quite a number of neds there too...

#16874 Strathclyde Business School Open Day

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 23 March 2005 - 09:09 PM in Course Choices

Outside its a tip, inside (John Anderson) is alright but in general the other buidlings arent too good.

Not for me.

#18033 Secondary Teaching

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 06 April 2005 - 02:56 PM in General Chat

If I decide to start out as an Accountant my starting salary could be 30-40k or more if I decide to move down to London and thats in my early 20s!

Personally, I couldn't stand it. All jobs are repetitive but teaching is basically the same thing each year i.e. same course but new people to teach too.

However, it must be one of the most rewarding/satisfying jobs out since you will be helping kids achieve their full potential.

I wouldnt have the temperament to do it but it could be a good job to have - the holidays and job security plus good career progression are big plus points.

#48451 Nokia 6230/6230i

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 10 August 2005 - 06:30 PM in General Chat

Whats the difference between these two phones ?

Does anyone have either of these? If so, what are they like?

#14173 Has anyone accepted offers yet?

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 08 February 2005 - 11:41 PM in Course Choices

See, these Applicant Days should confirm Glasgow is the Uni I want to go but if it is crap, it could put me off. I like the course, area and uni at Glasgow as oppose to Strathclyde but a crap A/D is quite off putting.

#13045 Has anyone accepted offers yet?

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 30 January 2005 - 12:50 PM in Course Choices

.......?

#13167 Has anyone accepted offers yet?

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 31 January 2005 - 04:25 PM in Course Choices

Helps to conform your choice. See if its the right one, also allows you to check out the talent and beer facilities biggrin.gif

#22110 What to study...

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 11 May 2005 - 02:34 PM in Geography

Ive studied half of the course but with 4 days to go, I need to know what I really should be covering.

So, can anyone give me any help on what to study?

Ive thought:

Lithosphere - Coasts/Glaciation

Development and Health/RLD - Same as every year.

The rest: HELPP unsure.gif

#20727 Medicine Woes

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 28 April 2005 - 03:28 PM in Course Choices

Two people with 5 A's at my school - one was the Dux last yea - have been rejected from all the Universites they applied to for Medicine.

Perhaps some of this was down to not having a lot of work experience. However, a lot must depend on the interview. I know these two people are quite arrogant, up themselves, so that wouldn't come across well in the interview.

#17119 Growth of German nationalism Essay

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 29 March 2005 - 04:42 PM in History

Zollverin - increased Prussian economic strength and brought together the German states and gave a sense of unity and pushed out Austria.

There is a good Carr quote along the lines of "The Zollverein was the unifying factor"

#36384 How is life treating you?

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 20 June 2005 - 08:23 PM in General Chat

I'm too tired from work to think about anything else.

huh.gif

#36642 Oasis

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 21 June 2005 - 08:04 PM in General Chat

Surprised its not been praded around Oslo yet wink.gif

#36628 Oasis

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 21 June 2005 - 07:54 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Jun 21 2005, 07:51 PM)
Totally agree there my Evertonian buddy Zinedine Kilbane

View Post

I hate you.

tongue.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#36622 Oasis

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 21 June 2005 - 07:49 PM in General Chat

Coldplay are piss now.

First album was amazing.

Second album was alright - The Scientist is an amazing song.

Third album isn't anything like the old Coldplay.

They were also shocking live a few years ago.

#20190 Celebs

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 22 April 2005 - 08:31 PM in General Chat

Lindsay Lohan
Wayne Rooney's bird
Edith Bowman
Teri Hatcher (oh yeah)

#14445 Student Websites

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 13 February 2005 - 12:08 PM in Student Life

Just thought that everyone could put together any student websites they know or visit reguarly or could help everyone else.

Ones I use are:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk

http://www.newstudent.org - this is particularly good because it has forums for every Uni.

Two others I found were:

http://www.interstudent.co.uk

http://www.studentfreestuff.com/

Would it be an idea for HSN to have a seperate University forum?

#14458 Student Websites

Posted by Kevin_Kilbane on 13 February 2005 - 02:20 PM in Student Life

TSR is crap. Newstudent is a bit better but does anyone have any other student websites which may be of help?