ice_illusion's Content

There have been 462 items by ice_illusion (Search limited from 03-October 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#87429 Oxbridge

Posted by ice_illusion on 12 August 2006 - 09:41 AM in Course Choices

QUOTE(ad absurdum @ Aug 11 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Aug 11 2006, 08:25 PM) View Post

I've considered applying for natural sciences at Cambridge but if I did go I don't think I could face admitting it.
I know thats a really really crap reason.
I know exactly what you mean unfortunately, I get asked all the time where I want to go for uni but I always wander around that question. I got asked at the pub tonight actually, and I had to pretend I didn't know because my friend missed his uni offer and I didn't want to go on about applying to Cambridge. But still, if it isn't stopping me from applying, then there is no reason why it should stop you! You might as well go for it, I can see why this might bother you but I don't think it is a reason not to apply smile.gif

I suppose I could but I don't know.
I've got a really horrible accent from nowhere that sounds a bit posh so its bad enough already. *headdesk* I've just realised I could go on forever thinking up reasons not to go. :/

#87427 Driving Test

Posted by ice_illusion on 12 August 2006 - 09:21 AM in General Chat

Passed my theory. biggrin.gif
And the receptionist dude was muttering about the time when I went in.

#87397 Oxbridge

Posted by ice_illusion on 11 August 2006 - 07:25 PM in Course Choices

I've considered applying for natural sciences at Cambridge but if I did go I don't think I could face admitting it.
I know thats a really really crap reason.

#87396 Mobile Phones

Posted by ice_illusion on 11 August 2006 - 07:20 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Aug 10 2006, 11:36 PM) View Post

Im not a phoney person really. It takes me 10 mins to send 1 text. sad.gif And a month or more to go through a tenner.

Extravagance.
I've used about 30 I the last year.

#87395 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 11 August 2006 - 07:17 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Aug 11 2006, 10:56 AM) View Post

Ooh, it looks like it's going to rain.

Flip flops aren't such a good idea then...

Nope, it couldn't rain today, I was working.
But it will be nasty tomorrow, I have the day off.

#87394 Happy Birthday!

Posted by ice_illusion on 11 August 2006 - 07:14 PM in General Chat

Happy birthday Lesley

#87340 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 10 August 2006 - 09:57 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Aug 10 2006, 10:37 PM) View Post

Just found out - my percentage was 96%!! biggrin.gif

Whats so much better is that I bet Lewis by 20% (the guy who stole the art prize of me!!) ph34r.gif

biggrin.gif Whaay!! Well done. Thats him pwned.

#87338 Mobile Phones

Posted by ice_illusion on 10 August 2006 - 09:54 PM in General Chat

What kind of phone have you got?
A Sony Ericsson. I think it has a T in the name.

Who is your service provider?
O2

Are you pay-as-you-go or on a contract?
Pay-as-you-go.

If on a contract, what does it involve?
N/A. I dont use my phone much so I'd end up paying as much a month as I do in a year. I have to remember to top up sometime though. Got about 1 left.

#87313 Grade Boundaries 2006

Posted by ice_illusion on 10 August 2006 - 07:56 PM in Physics

Yeah, I guess that'll be becuase of the data book. It was really low last year.

#87309 Myspace

Posted by ice_illusion on 10 August 2006 - 07:22 PM in General Chat

I've attemped to add you lot. Nathan, the "add to friends" link isn't working on yours.
http://www.myspace.com/ice_illusion if I've misssed anyone.

#87110 which e-social class are you in

Posted by ice_illusion on 09 August 2006 - 11:03 AM in General Chat

Your neighbourhood is categorised in the E-Society classification as being in group E : E-independents and type E14 : Rational utilitarians. Full descriptions are below.

Group E : E-independents
This Group tends to take a rational and considered view of electronic communications and technologies. These people are not interested in mobile phones, texting or the Internet as lifestyle accessories; they do not feature as major topics of conversation within the social networks to which they belong and they do not provide a significant focus for leisure activity. However people are reasonably well equipped and use the Internet to search for information, to buy products and to undertake transactions where there are obvious efficiency benefits.

Type E14 : Rational utilitarians
This Type tends to have access to the Internet at home and to use it extensively for shopping for groceries, wines, apparel, books and holidays, and for transacting financial services. Many of these people live in the countryside and beyond the reach of cable television services. These people do not tend to use computers for playing games or as a form of leisure activity. Not being particularly heavy readers of computer magazines, these people treat the computer as a tool rather than as an end in itself.

#87039 The wait is nearly over!

Posted by ice_illusion on 08 August 2006 - 06:16 PM in Exam Results 2006

I open mine on my own too.
I'd actually succeeded in not letting on to my parents the results were supposed to arrive today but a Scottish Power van arrived at the same time as the postie, who told mum.