ice_illusion's Content

There have been 462 items by ice_illusion (Search limited from 03-October 21)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99711 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 10 July 2007 - 02:57 PM in General Chat

I forgot, any of you notice the blunder on the t-shirts? It said September instead of July. I'm gutted, I got a bag instead and it didn't have a date on.

#99710 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 10 July 2007 - 02:29 PM in General Chat

T was amazing. I'm still in lots of pain but it was amazing. I was in the Golden circle for so many things and the atmosphere down there is T-times-ten. I've got cuts and bruises from Lostprophets and sunburn and sunscreen allergy so my face has swollen up and my shoulders are still sore and my voice is still funny but it's still great. But I had a great spot for SnowPatrol, next to the human pryamid is anyone saw it, they were sound. And I was at the front for Killers (4 encores!!) and Bloc Party and LostProphets and The Coral.
Nuttelli was great too except we got so many pints thrown at us.

Take A Worm For A Walk Week was a bit crap though, it was hard to presuade the friends to go into smaller tents ater that.

Do any of you know what the flying burning object on Friday/Saturday night was? And did anyone see the burning tents on Sunday night?

#99675 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 04 July 2007 - 08:20 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Switch @ Jul 4 2007, 06:47 PM) View Post
I made far, far, far too much rice for dinner. I mean faaaaarr too much. Like, it's a small pyramid of rice sitting in a dustbin lid.

Rice is a fill-ye-up food, so this is going to go to waste. :/

Pity. It might have been able to erradicate world hunger. <.<

EDIT: Scrap that. Ate it all. OMIGOD IT HURTS!

Had you not eaten it couldn't you have just put it in the fridge and eaten it tomorrow? Ok, I know it causes more stomach bugs than anything but that's only becuase people don't heat it up properly. EGG FRIED RICE!!!

#99674 SQA Results Online

Posted by ice_illusion on 04 July 2007 - 08:14 PM in Exam Results 2007

Done so, hope it works.

#99661 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 02 July 2007 - 10:20 PM in General Chat

I thought it was alright. The storyline was horribley cheesy but they put in lots of little things that werre good.

#99658 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 02 July 2007 - 06:18 PM in General Chat

Neither can I. Now DoctorWhos finished I'll need something to watch.

#99646 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 01 July 2007 - 07:12 PM in General Chat

I have been completely out of the loop with the terrorist thing (We finished settings at 4, did another set at 6 which finished 9.35 but had to completely set up the restaurant by 9.30 and then didn't finish til about 1 and then had yet another completely full restaurant this lunchtime, it's all been the same people on so no ones really hada chance to watch the news)
I heard it was a couple of neds who actually brought the terrorist down, my brother said he one on the news. I also heard that they didn't realise he had explosives strapped to his body until they brought him to hospital adn tehn had to evacuate the hospital?
If thats true, because it's actually quite hard to find things that aren't up to date (ie yesterdays news) and I'm sooo tired. Can you imagine what the terrorist was thinking? He'd be like "WTF?! this wasn't in the handbook, what am I meant to do?)
Or was what I wrote something I really shouldn't write? I've only been hearing wee bits of rumours, just the funny highlights and ned jokes.

#99629 Photo Thread

Posted by ice_illusion on 29 June 2007 - 10:17 PM in General Chat

I'm jealous.

#99624 SQA Results Online

Posted by ice_illusion on 28 June 2007 - 10:31 PM in Exam Results 2007

Im not on for the text alert thing.

And am I the only one whose postie doesn't come til about midday?

#99623 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 28 June 2007 - 10:30 PM in General Chat

And how about some small waist big bum jeans?

#99607 SQA Results Online

Posted by ice_illusion on 27 June 2007 - 09:05 PM in Exam Results 2007

I don't mind a day earlier.
And it saves the whole everyone knowing except for me cos my postie comes a few hours later than everyone else's postie.

#99586 SQA Results Online

Posted by ice_illusion on 26 June 2007 - 03:22 PM in Exam Results 2007

I just sent a pm with the address in.
I lost the letter too but it was in my favorites list so it's ok.

#99583 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 26 June 2007 - 02:02 AM in General Chat

Why is it when I go on hsn most of the time I don't need to log in, while if I go on after about 11.30 I always have to log in?

#99582 HSN Insomniacs

Posted by ice_illusion on 26 June 2007 - 02:00 AM in General Chat

Sunrise was amazing today. No sign of the sun but it totally looked like something out of Dr Who, big black clouds with a hole which was a really spooky sort of light blue with dark swirls through it.
I was tidying up today. Haven't finished with the result I have a pile of stuff on my bed and don't have the motivation to move it.

#99567 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 24 June 2007 - 07:59 PM in General Chat

I can't think of anything I'm afraid. Maybe something small and sweet? Dunno what, a hope you cat gets found card doesn't seem quite right. A hug?

#99552 Kiss a moderator!

Posted by ice_illusion on 23 June 2007 - 04:57 PM in General Chat

That's really quite biblical.

I haven't seen my boy since Tuesday. sad.gif

#99551 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 23 June 2007 - 04:56 PM in General Chat

I'm working with someone who used to work at Starbucks just now, I think it gets better Sharon. (Think she just moved jobs since ours is closer) At least she's never moaned about it and she made them a cake when she left.
That said I don't like doing coffees. I can never get the milk to foam properly, it's so annoying.

And I have 3 days off! In a row! YES!!! I'm still liking work but I'm so tired. Need a day off.

#99457 Proms

Posted by ice_illusion on 18 June 2007 - 11:20 PM in General Chat

I had a ball. Oooh, wasn't really that fancy, it was less formal than our Christmas dances. I went along to get my yearbook signed and se everyone one last time.
The posh food ended up on my lap, I got pen on my dress and I managed to get everyone to sign my yearbook upside-down and back-to-front. All without the aid of alcohol, I have talents. My dress is machene washable and it adds personality so I don't mind, it was funny.

We didn't get any ceilidh dancing though. For the first time ever I actaully have someone to dance with after getting all dressed up and there wasn't any dancing. Except for some silly stuff on the tiles, which was also funny.

#99386 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 14 June 2007 - 05:03 PM in General Chat

Sharon:
ohmy.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif stuart.gif

That is all.

#99385 student accomadation questions

Posted by ice_illusion on 14 June 2007 - 05:00 PM in After School

QUOTE(dondon @ Jun 13 2007, 11:37 PM) View Post
I'm assuming these are yearly prices or something and not monthly?

I'd go for option 3, the idea of corridors is nice, but it means sharing bathrooms and kitchens with loads of people, and finding people who you've never met before in your kitchen at 4 in the morning eating your food. But with the flat idea you have to be prepared to be put in with a load of weirdos. I've been in both istuations and I'm not sure which one was worse.

Yeah, they're yearly, theres no way I'd pay that much if it was monthly.

I'm gravitating towards the cheapest too, although I don't know how only 30 people would affect my social life.

#99380 student accomadation questions

Posted by ice_illusion on 12 June 2007 - 11:46 PM in After School

I'm needing to choose.

The three I'm currently thinking of are:
a) Just over 100 people on corridors. Has been described as being a bit like a hotel on the social side of things but has a bar etc 5 minutes from university. 3134
b) 30 person mansion. Large garden, with trees. Across suspension brigde from nightlife and 20 min from university (but thats closer than most of the catered halls), 2584 and I can't work out how it can possibly be so cheap (except maybe sharing a kitchen with 15 people)
c) Just over 100 people in flats (think I'd prefer corridors). In busy area of town where main city nightlife is (although I'm not completey sure if thats where the studenty stuff is). 2812

What do you lot think?

#99367 Uni

Posted by ice_illusion on 11 June 2007 - 11:28 PM in General Chat

QUOTE(Amazoph @ Jun 11 2007, 04:42 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Sammie @ Jun 11 2007, 12:58 PM) View Post
QUOTE(miss macleod @ Jun 11 2007, 12:50 PM) View Post
COME TO ABERDEEN. Yes! There is land above Perth. Even cities. biggrin.gif

Wow.

Your kidding. ph34r.gif

There are no cities. It is too cold. You clearly are deluded ph34r.gif

Seriously, I'm thinking of going to one of the universities near Edinburgh - failing that somewhere around Glasgow. Aberdeen is too far tongue.gif

No where is too far!

Go Bristol!

#99338 Prefects

Posted by ice_illusion on 10 June 2007 - 09:54 PM in New Sixth Years

As an old prefect:

I've yet to see anyone make a difference as a prefect who wouldn't have done it by not being a prefect. In fact, being a prefect meant Giving up all my lunch times and breaks in order to shout at kids who don't give a damn, by having some free time to actually do things I could have made a difference instead of being treated like a slave by my school. Yes I understand the teachers had it hard too, and they need a lunch break, but you know, so do 6th years.

By all means, try and make a difference. Never give up trying to make a difference. But don't see being a prefect as some pass to making a difference, it isn't going to change anything. Except maybe make you old and cynical early like me.

#99336 personal statement

Posted by ice_illusion on 10 June 2007 - 09:43 PM in New Sixth Years

Go get some work experiance.
Think there could be a thread on medcine in one of the after school places. But get some work experiance, write to the doctors, the hospital, if that fails go and work in an old folks home. You've got months to write it, just need something to put on it. That's what you're going to do this summer.

For anyone not doing medicine or teaching or any of those things for special people, just start thinking what you have to write on it, if it's lacking go and find some stuff to put on it. It's not as neccesary as for the special people but it's still good to have something like volenteering or something to show you're interested in the subject.

#99335 What's On Your Mind

Posted by ice_illusion on 10 June 2007 - 09:35 PM in General Chat

I've almost got myself a life.

sad.gif
I'm tired, have no money, have a billion presents to wrap and just want to hide for a week. I need a holiday from holidays.