Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Admin.....do unis accept? - HSN forum

Admin.....do unis accept?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:48 PM

I've been told by some people (also doing admin) that they don't accept admin as an entry qualification to uni.If this is true,I'm basically stuck seeing as I'm doing 5 highers (one is art but that is unofficial,self-study) and then the most I can get is 3 which is no use.

Is this true?

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#2 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:52 PM

As far as I know, Admin is an accepted subject. It's popular and nearly every school teachs it. You should look at some university prospectuses (i.e. the one you want to apply for) and see if they list it. Failing that, give the university a phone.

#3 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:38 PM

Strathclyde Business school only accept H Admin if it's one of five highers in one sitting(apparently?)
However I've got an unconditional for glasgow with admin meeting one of the requirements.
I think most Unis will accept hgher admin!!

#4 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:39 PM

After 5th year(although I done 6th year as wel) , I had:
H Admin: A
H Art: A
H Maths: B
H Physics: B

With only these marks, I got uncoditionals for maths at Glasgow and Strathclyde Science Faculties

This confirms that Admin is and accepted Higher, and not just for Business degrees, but others such as Sciences etc

Shandogg
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#5 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:02 PM

It depends on course and university but i know the course was changed a few years back because univeristies wouldn't accept a course where the whole exam was practical

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#6 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:18 PM

Heriot Watt and Strathclyde accept it, they just won't give you a conditional based on the subject. If you take it you'll still get in, it just won't count towards your offer.
user posted image
user posted image

#7 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:20 PM

My sister was told it wouldn't count as an exam when she was applying 2 years ago. I can't tell you what course/ uni it was though, have no idea. I jsut remember her going schizo over it as she had got a band 1 A.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#8 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:31 PM

Ok thanks everyone.The person that told me got told at one of the uni information stands at some kind of careers thing....maybe the admission staff didn't know that it is now classed as a higher.

Huggles

Ice Maiden

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#9 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:19 PM

no its always been a higher its just that it was seen as a very unacademic higher like home eco or crafty(Which has now been changed)

#10 Wheelybin

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:50 PM

While Dave can procastinate about the uselessness of The Admin Course (Regardless of who your father is and who he works for Dave) I think it has just as much meaning as any other mainstream course available...

I'm not a science person myself, but I'll look on Business and the surroundings as important if not for Uni, then for a career in that sector of work...
Who is the 'She' in the nursery rhyme, "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes"?

#11 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:09 PM

ohh below the belt boyo but i stand by my options and its my mum who has a bigger effect on my option actually!!

#12 Wheelybin

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:17 PM

Deeply shocked that I should have so carelessly caused such offence. The regret is mine...

fils de mère...
Who is the 'She' in the nursery rhyme, "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes"?

#13 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:18 PM

ahh the french BTw have you checked your skyblog recently i think someone may have left a comment on your profile thingy

#14 Wheelybin

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:35 PM

I expect no insults Dave, you wouldn't want me to be angry now would you...

Okay just looked, and nice try, but don't use a translator website next time. Where's this topic of admin vanished to?

#15 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 09:41 PM

please direct attention up 4-5 posts sorry guys

#16 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 04:42 PM

Ok just got an email back from Aberdeen (my first choice) and they said they accept it as an entrance qualification,woot!

Huggles

Ice maiden

Cornish Pasty Pixie

#17 Wheelybin

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 10:54 PM

Well done... which Uni's have you applied for?

#18 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 08:49 PM

I've not filled in my UCAS form yet but I know I'm going to put down Aberdeen as my first choice.The other unis were :Edinburgh,Glasgow,Strathclyde,Caledonian and Paisley (not in that order tho)

Huggles

Ice Maiden

Cornish Pasty Pixie

#19 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:08 PM

by the way, the choice of unis goes alphabetically on ure form - not by choice of preference!
user posted image

#20 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(GIllianNs @ Nov 22 2004, 04:08 PM)
by the way, the choice of unis goes alphabetically on ure form - not by choice of preference!

View Post

Yeah lol. Quite a lot of people think that.

One of my friends put his choices of universities in his order of preference but UCAS automatically change the order to alphabetical order once they process it.

I think it used to be in order of preference, a few years back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users