Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Higher Accounting and Finance - HSN forum - Page 2

Higher Accounting and Finance

23 replies to this topic

#21 Martin

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Holly @ Apr 22 2004, 05:41 PM)
yeah, he's a chartered accountant and set up his own business, so he runs the accounting side of it and well, he has been really successful and worked hard for it. I guess it just appeals to some people, especially if you are good at it, i enjoyed it, but only when i got the hang of things. its a challenge! smile.gif

Did you find what I said insulting about accountants? Something along the lines of boring, big sums and you could be corrupt?

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm thinking of economics and politics. I think it'd be fascinating - one of my friends is actually going to do accountancy.

Starts next term so I'll maybe ask him what he thinks of 1st year sometime after he starts!
"I'm not scared of dying... I just don't want to!"

#22 Holly

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (Martin @ Apr 23 2004, 09:45 PM)
Did you find what I said insulting about accountants? Something along the lines of boring, big sums and you could be corrupt?

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm thinking of economics and politics. I think it'd be fascinating - one of my friends is actually going to do accountancy.

Starts next term so I'll maybe ask him what he thinks of 1st year sometime after he starts!

Insulting? No, Im not an accountant so how could i be?? blink.gif your righ, all it is is big sums, figures that mean nothing and its boring but only when i didnt get the hang of it i found it boring but then again i find most things boring as im into art. get my results from art college in 2 weeks time and i cant wait!!!

Economics and politics, to me thats kinda similar to accounts but not so much, and politics, well the name Margret Thatcher comes to mind so you can probably tell that i know very little about it. Good luck with that though!!! smile.gif

#23 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 10:53 AM

Economics and Politcs?? Politics eh and you call me corrupt and boring! Yeh, Holly I'm into the arts as opposed to art. I just love music and drama but it isn't my career goal. Being a chartered accountant and either working for someone else or starting my own business would be great.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#24 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ Apr 12 2004, 10:39 PM)
Could someone please please tell me if the Accounting and Finance Higher is anything like the Finance Unit in Business? Any info helpful

View Post

its marginally the same, its very basic in the Finance section, Accounts its much much more in depth, yiou barely scratch the surface.
However if you understand it well then it shouldnt be topo hard, I'm sitting the exam for accounts in 35mins ARRRGGHHHH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users