Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Info Org - HSN forum

Info Org

9 replies to this topic

#1 Allan

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:06 PM

Our teacher's given us the first edition of the Info Org notes that's got all that stuff on networks, multiplexers, topologies etc...

She's not given us the 'new' notes, and the only reason I know about them is coz I've found them online. So they've taken that section about networks etc out and added a lot of stuff under Uses of Information and Legal Implications.

So the exam won't test topologies etc...? Has that officialy been removed from the course? And what about the 'new' notes with programmed decisions, feedback loops etc...that's never come up in a paper but can it be tested?

#2 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:59 PM

Yeah same here, I've been thinking about that too.

However, I think that you don't need to know about topolgies and feedback. Our class did not go over the feedback etc.

I think that as long as you know the correct definition for: Control, Desicion Making, Planning and Knowledge - and you can apply these to given scenarios you will be OK.

Our teacher said to us we don't need topologies for the exam (I think that comes up in some unit of Higher Computing), however, you must be aware of some devices (look at Q4 on 2003 exam)

Hope that helps

Ally

#3 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:08 PM

Our teacher said to us we don't need topologies for the exam (I think that comes up in some unit of Higher Computing),

Yeah thats in the H Comp course - if it's all the same stuff, like Bus, Ring, Star Mesh etc along with relative advantages etc.
Mark

#4 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 05:02 PM

Also, do we need to know all the details about the 'Acts' in the last outcome of Info Org?

Our class just went through why the Acts - Computer Misuse Act, Data Protection Act, Copy, Design & Patents Act - were introduced.

Ally

#5 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 05:07 PM

I've had a look at the first edition notes. They seem to contain A LOT of irrelevant stuff you don't actually need to know.

#6 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 05:12 PM

I don't understand those notes.
Does anyone know why it contains all that stuff (the course was introduced in 2000, wasn't it?). Yet none of that stuff was examined in the 2000 exam.

:blink: ...

#7 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 06:04 PM

From what I remember, the section containing topologies was meant to help you with the OC3 report writing task. Our teacher didn't give them to us, so they're not that important.

The Acts are quite important in the course, although you really only need to know the basics.

#8 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:36 PM

What does OC3 stand for?

:blink: ...

#9 Allan

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for ur help guys

Dunno why our teacher gave us the old notes over the new ones

As for OC3 - the only thing I can think of is OutCome 3, since that's where that stuff's covered

#10 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 12:40 PM

Yes, I meant Outcome 3. Sorry :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users