Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Hypermedia Prelim - HSN forum - Page 2

Hypermedia Prelim

23 replies to this topic

#21 Anavris_Mike

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:31 PM

Here's some notes for the current legislations:

Computer Misuse Act: Created to provide regulations that govern the access to and use of computer systems and the information within them. Includes unauthorised access to a computer system, unauthorised access with intent to commit a crime and unauthorised modification or deletion of data.

Data Protection Act: The act to ensure that Data Controllers (those who hold the information) and Data Processors (The people/companies who process the information for the data controllers) gave rights to Data Subjects who have information recorded about them on computer. If there is any info held on a Data Subject then they have the legal right to view the information held.

Copyright, Designs and Patents Act: This includes the areas including the types of works covered by this legislation, the duplication of works, the transmission of works and the maniplulation of works.

The types of works that are covered are:
  • Literary works (inc novels, non-fiction prose, newspaper articles, software, manuals, catalogues, directories and compilations such as databases.)
  • Musical works (inc songs, jingles and lyrics.)
  • Dramatic works (inc plays, operas and accompanying music.)
  • Pantomimes and choreographic works (inc ballets, dances and mimes.)
  • Pictorial, graphic and sculptural works (inc posters, photographs, paintings, drawings, maps and plans.)
  • Motion pictures and other audio-visual works (inc movies, documentaries and TV programmes.)
  • Sound recordings (inc music, sounds and words.)
  • Architectural works

Hope that helps. Do you need any more notes on it? I'll b happy to help.

#22 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:54 PM

Do you have any notes for Outcome 1 of the Hypermedia section?

#23 Anavris_Mike

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 04:14 PM

i do have them somewhere, but my rooms being decorated just now so everything is everywhere lol. i'll have a look later on and try and find them.

#24 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 25 May 2004 - 04:19 PM

I have the HDSU notes, but they are too long-winded. So I am looking for short notes on Outcome 1.

I have summary notes for Outcome 2 though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users