Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
MSN Problems - HSN forum - Page 4

MSN Problems

77 replies to this topic

#61 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE(Shaun @ Aug 23 2005, 02:02 AM)
I don't know if this is just for the Mac version - but they have renamed the Mac version from MSN Messenger to Microsoft Messenger.  Have they done this for the Windows version?

View Post

Nope.

We do have Windows Messenger, but that's different.
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#62 Vazza

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(KhalidBoussouara @ Aug 22 2005, 08:55 PM)
I think I know why people are getting problems with MSN plus. You accidentally installed the "sponsor program" which may have caused problems. I would recommend reading this thread on the MSN plus forums for help on what to do. By the way I wouldn't go asking for help on how to remove it on the MSN plus forums as they get very annoyed at people doing it (because everyone asks the same thing over and over again). If you haven't used it in a while then the newer version should have clearer install instructions.

View Post

Oh I could kiss you so much at this moment in time!! wub.gif wub.gif hug.gif

Its not that we, the MsgPlus community get annoyed with people asking about it, its just that people don't bother looking through previously asked questions, plus there is the post that you gave, written by the creator. Yes there are going to be variations in the problems given up and we can appreciate that in that case, then questions have to be asked.

You have no idea the number of people who simply sign up for the site to go off at the deep end about the sponsor program or the number who come into the Support chat room and complain. But to be honest, the sponsor that is now with it has changed considerably since first release. Usually the problem is that people don't pay attention to the installer (I mean, how many of actually read what it is that we are installing?) and then say that it installed it without warning.(not that I am saying that any of you are gulity of this). This is not true to my knowledge and that it is people have just rushed the installation.

I cannot speak for the whole community, but I hope that the experience has not entirely turned you off from using Messenger Plus! and that maybe at a later date, you would be willing to give it another go.

Thanks

#63 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:00 AM

NOOOOO!!!!

Your not one of them are you

*shocked expression*

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#64 Vazza

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(Dave @ Aug 23 2005, 11:00 AM)
NOOOOO!!!!

Your not one of them are you

*shocked expression*

View Post

Do you really want me to reply to that? I only have the link to download it in my signature dry.gif dry.gif

#65 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(Vazza @ Aug 23 2005, 12:05 PM)
Do you really want me to reply to that? I only have the link to download it in my signature  dry.gif  dry.gif

View Post

I've joined the Messenger Plus clan! biggrin.gif

On another topic, if you see a link advertising a "block checker" DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT!!! It's full of spyware and doesn't let you uninstall it! mad.gif I was lucky...I looked for a review before getting it...thank god! blink.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#66 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:51 PM

oh and as a side point

block checkers no longer work as the protocol for msn has been changed to make them all useless

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#67 Vazza

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:37 PM

most people know that but there are those on my lists who still think they do work

#68 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:02 PM

Bah I'm having connection problems right now sad.gif

#69 Vazza

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:15 PM

Rumour has it that 7.5 has been officially released, maybe thats why there is connection troubles

#70 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:15 PM

Don't rumours just get more exciting by the day laugh.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#71 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(Vazza @ Aug 23 2005, 08:15 PM)
Rumour has it that 7.5 has been officially released, maybe thats why there is connection troubles

View Post

Surely it wouldn't be rumours if it had been officially released? tongue.gif

#72 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:41 PM

Yep, 7.5 is out. Downloading now.

The protocol allows the older versions to update though, I don't know why mine didn't mad.gif

#73 Vazza

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ Aug 23 2005, 08:34 PM)
Surely it wouldn't be rumours if it had been officially  released? tongue.gif

View Post

It happened when they released 7. Rumours went round that the final version was officially released and it wasn't, it was the beta.

QUOTE(System.Addict @ Aug 23 2005, 08:41 PM)
Yep, 7.5 is out.  Downloading now.

The protocol allows the older versions to update though, I don't know why mine didn't mad.gif

View Post

I'm still waiting to be asked update. But I need to wait till all my add-ons get updated before I convert

#74 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:54 PM

any1 else just started to experience MSN trouble?? mines isnt signing in!

edit: thats it fixed now!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#75 south lanarkshire jag

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:01 PM

im fine with my connections

thats: jaggy_thistal@hotmail.co.uk for anyone whos interested

#76 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:03 PM

I get a memory leak with Windows Live Messenger like every 30 mins pinch.gif Might revert back soon if it keeps up. It's only started doing it in the past few days sad.gif

#77 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:43 PM

I don't get any problems with it... hmm.

#78 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:12 PM

it wasn't working for my sister, but worked for me last nite. its working now on 7.5 version. my home pc's only 7 tho. need to change my windows version, i think it needs updatin from windows 98! the beta only works on windows xp or better so counts me out. tryed yesterday, downloading for about 2 hours! low and behold it didn't work! lol
gizmo
x
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users