Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Subjects Underrated? - HSN forum

Subjects Underrated?

9 replies to this topic

#1 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:56 PM

i think that most subjects outside of Maths, English and the Sciences are valued more over the rest.

i find this unfair.

#2 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:01 PM

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say? blink.gif

Are you saying that science subjects are valued more than arts subjects/all other subjects or vice versa?

#3 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:06 PM

yea, sciences r more valued

#4 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:26 PM

That's because we're sort of in an information/digital age where we are trying to better our society, and one of the main ways to do this is through science.

#5 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(strosek911 @ Oct 11 2004, 12:06 AM)

View Post

Hmmm...

Do you mean by Universities or just that it's viewed like that by the general public?

#6 strosek911

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:30 PM

but still, even 2 do accounts at uni, LSE prefer science subjects over business qualifications - which are of no use within the course

#7 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:48 PM

It's to do with what a qualification in science suggests about you and the way you think ie logically.

universities tend these days not to demand you have a higher in the cubject you want to continue at university because they tend to over the content in the 1st year and they want as many subdents applying as possible

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#8 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:53 PM

Yes, I think the most valued subject by Universities is either H Chemistry or H English.

#9 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:00 PM

Mod to the rescue... lol!

It is true that science are in general valued more by universities however if ur university doesnt have a list of "preferred" or "required" subjects then u shouldnt be too worried about this, unless of course u are trying to get into example a business course in 6th year because u didnt have high enough grades last year and are counting on eg an extra A in Art/Drama to get u in. I hope u all understand what I'm trying to say there!

Ok so the top valued Highers in general opinion are(in ascending order of importance):

4.English
3. Maths
2. Physics
1. Chemistry
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#10 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:01 PM

I know what you mean. People seem to think I'm thick because I'm doing, amongst other subjects, Psychology and Drama.
@

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users