Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Advanced Higher Business Management - HSN forum - Page 2

Advanced Higher Business Management

25 replies to this topic

#21 hamiltona06s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:16 PM

I taught AH Bus Man for the 1st time this year to one pupil who did me proud getting an A band 2.

#22 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:26 PM

kl! well done! u just a new teacher or just new to business management but teach summin else?
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#23 hamiltona06s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(Paul @ Aug 16 2005, 07:26 PM)
kl! well done! u just a new teacher or just new to business management but teach summin else?

View Post

been teaching 3 years, never had anyone wanting to do AH before.

#24 Tiger

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:15 PM

I am really not sure what business to choose for my investigation. Any Ideas? What did u do if u did Advanced Higher Business Management?

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

#25 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(Tiger @ Aug 28 2005, 11:15 PM)
I am really not sure what business to choose for my investigation. Any Ideas? What did u do if u did Advanced Higher Business Management?

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

View Post

Choose a business that corresponds with your interests, that is what i would do.

#26 Mrjasimpson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:55 PM

Any business can be used in the Investigation, however, choosing one that is smaller (preferably Sole Trader) and more suited to your interests (or area of expertise in Higher Business Management) can give a greater academic edge to your examination/NAB answers.

If you choose a business that is smaller, then you can quickly familiarise yourself with the organisations structure, market, product/services and staff as communication tend to be better. In turn you will gain better knowledge of the organisations goals and this will be reflected in your answers when it comes to doing the NAB’s or completing pro-formas accurately.

Obviously, you cannot be expected to constantly visit the organisation, gaining as much from each visit and making the most of your time is essential, and you can get to know smaller companies quicker and will gain more information from each meeting which will show greater content, understanding and depth in your answers, resulting in better quality and hopefully better Examination/NAB results as they depend on the pupil having a sound understanding of the business’ mechanics* and goals.

I also recommend, that the business you choose be easily accessible, preferably walking distance so you can visit on short notice to gain as much Information as you can.

It is also beneficial if you can get a business that corresponds to your area of expertise within the higher, for example, I had a good background in Marketing and Corporate Identity so a Designs and Communications Company was excellent for my investigation (It meant I could weave terms and knowledge from the higher into my answers with far more ease as it was an area I enjoyed in the higher, meaning I would pick up more marks, and as you will know your area best eg, HR, Marketing, Finance etc then you will find it easier to write constructive answers in the NAB’s)

Overall, it is really important you make sure you show understanding of the organisations functions, and where it operates, how it is affected by change. The more you know about your selected business the better you can weave constructive examples into your NAB’s and Final Examination thus, picking up more Marks towards a better Grade.

Hope that helps….Good luck! biggrin.gif

*term: “mechanics” within this context: generally referring to, how a company operates/responds to its market, handles decisions, change, and communicates etc..

Advanced Higher Business Management!
...Luv It!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users