Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Higher Art - HSN forum

Higher Art

9 replies to this topic

#1 DaThreat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:55 PM

This may not seem as a tough course and i would have agreed with people about that but last yr i had done all the work and thought it was good and also people who i thought where better than me, we all failed i got a D but many never got a result at all.

so if anybody has any advice i would much appreciaite it

#2 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 08:45 PM

Yep well the appeals came out today. Check if u have one then post again if u dont and I'll give u some advice!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#3 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:02 PM

Can anyone tell me what is required for the written Higher Art Exam!?

The Art Department at my School is in a bit of a crisis and has been since before christmas as there is, at times, only 1 teacher, when theres meant to be 4, so we haven't done ANY prep for the written exam?

What should I be studying? What do I need to know?

If anyone can give any good websites that would help or just any useful suggestion on how they revise Id be thankful.

Thanx

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#4 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:29 PM

if i remember back correctly, u hav to learn 2 pieces of work.....u have to learn about a design and the designer, and a piece of expressive work and the artist....u hav to memorise this part and rewrite it in the exam...u also hav to rite about 2 random pieces of work in the exam....usually one expressive piece and one design...... but that was 2 years ago, it mite be different nw!?
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#5 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:31 PM

btw...ur skool needs taught a lesson before they can teach their own pupils! thats scandelous only havin a quarter of the staf needed for art!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#6 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:23 PM

I go to the same school and the staffing is terrible! I dont do art but in physics there is only one teacher when there is ment to be 4 (5 a couple of years ago). Something needs to be done! Luckly it doesnt effect me because it is my teacher which is always there. Its my friends in other classes I feel sorry for. They have to teach thereselfs.

I have drifted of topic and no nothing about art so I will stop talking now lol.

#7 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:30 PM

Thanx Shandogg!

I now know roughly what to do! smile.gif More than Iv learned from my teacher anyway. But I suppose its not totally her fault.
I'm pretty sure we do still hav to do the two random pieces of work! glare.gif

Our teacher has given us out photocopied booklet hings but doesnt actually tell us what we've to learn from them! Lol!!

Thanx for the help! biggrin.gif

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#8 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:36 PM

OH NO! SORRY! I just remembered u have to learn about 2 designers and 2 artists and compare their work! - Thats the part you memorise! I think am correct this time! god, i cant even remember!

what pieces and artists/designers u gonna memorise?

I done Phillipe Starck, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, Paul Cezanne and another artist(local one, so i doubt u would have heard of him!)

I compared 2 chairs by designers and 2 contrasting pieces of work by the artists.

Facts I remembered bout the artists themselves were:

nationality
childhood
influences
parental influence
education
other jobs other than art related
their main area of work eg pastel, paint, landscapes etc
their career until now, if they still r still alive....
basically a biography!

ps, the 2 designers u choose and the 2 artists - one designer must be contemporary (still alive) and the other from the past and same with the artists u choose

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#9 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:32 PM

I actually totally forgot I posted a post about Art, and today is the first time I remebered. Thanx for you help.

But I still really don't have a clue what I'm going to do. ohmy.gif I have know Idea about artists and designed, so don't have a clue who I'm going to do. unsure.gif

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#10 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:30 PM

you are needed to know 2 artists well and a few peices by both to comparein question b(can't remenber number) and 2 designers and a few items they done and again know the work fairly well. during this year your teacher should have made you write up 2 booklet as part of your course,its graded as pass or fail by the teacher,then take those artists and designs works and learn things about then from your booklets. i hope this helps
gizmo
x
if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users