Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Grade Boundaries - HSN forum - Page 2

Grade Boundaries

26 replies to this topic

#21 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(Equilibrium @ May 15 2005, 06:38 PM)
Do you think overall , that this years english exam was harder than he previous ones ?

View Post

Yes. The interp was not too bad but the essay questions were horrible. sad.gif

#22 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(Equilibrium @ May 15 2005, 06:38 PM)
Do you think overall , that this years english exam was harder than he previous ones ?

View Post

I thought the close reading was really dull and kinda difficult but think last years was harder. I found the essay questions OK because we did To Kill a Mockingbird which has an unusual Narrative technique and Visiting hour which I did for Setting because it had loads of descriptive things about the hospital so I found this years essay questions easier than last year bueveryone in my year that wasn't in my class had a night mare so I reckon the grades will be the same if not a little bit (a Mark or Two MAX) higher.

#23 Daron Malakian

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:26 AM

do u think that there is the possibility that we should overthrow the SQA and devise a new examiner which respects us?

#24 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:48 AM

Guys, guys. This happens every year! Now, I'm not saying your exam wasn't hard but, it wasn't as hard as recent year's. I agree that the grade boundaries will remain stable or will be slightly elevated. However, there is no reason to be moaning about the SQA as they have actually sharpened themselves up (a bit) over the last couple of years.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#25 Euannn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:30 PM

I checked that up as well and last year it was 54 for a B and 46 for a C.

Canne mind whut it was for an A or a D.

Not that many people want a D, tbh.

#26 Lol22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

hey i was just wondereing, in the prelim i got 49% and failed by 1% which was really annoyong.
Do they make the prelim grades higher than the final exam?

#27 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

a prelim exam is an exam written by your teachers. The grade boundaries which they will use are the guidlines set out by the sqa namely:

A - 70%+
B - 60%-69%
C - 50%-59%

If i am not here i am somewhere else

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users