Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Lovely Bones - HSN forum

The Lovely Bones

14 replies to this topic

#1 x_kirsty_x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 09:28 PM

I have chosen and read 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold for my Personal Study Unit! Im really stuck now in that i dont have a strong idea for a title?! anyone who had read or chosen 'The Lovely Bones' for their PSU have any suggestion on themes i could maybe use?! thankyou! x Kirsty x

#2 x_kirsty_x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 09:30 PM

Oh! or if anyone knows where to get any study notes on 'The Lovely Bones' that would really help!!! x Kirsty x

#3 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:42 AM

It might be a bit too new for any study notes to be out yet.

#4 NYPD

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(x_kirsty_x @ Sep 19 2004, 09:28 PM)
I have chosen and read 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold for my Personal Study Unit! Im really stuck now in that i dont have a strong idea for a title?! anyone who had read or chosen 'The Lovely Bones' for their PSU have any suggestion on themes i could maybe use?! thankyou! x Kirsty x

View Post

Hey - I have read 'The Lovely Bones' but didn't do it for my PSU. However, I have an idea for your PSU - Why don't you study the first person narrative technique that has been used throughout the book (if I remember rightly) and say how this contributes to the novel overall. Just an idea.

#5 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:38 PM

I have read 'The Lovely Bones' but I didn't study it for my HIgher. The way that the main character tells the story from 'the other side' would be a good one, you could say how it made the book seem more realistic in a strange way and more chilling. You could maybe try theme too, smething to do with death or revenge. I know lots of people choose it for PSU so just google it and see if you can find anything.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#6 kirsty1988

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Relationships<br />Friendships<br />Food<br />XBOX!<br />Dancing my own way

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(x_kirsty_x @ Sep 19 2004, 09:28 PM)

View Post

Hey I'm also doing "The Lovely Bones" for PSU. I need help in finding notes! I'm going to write my essay on Characters (Susie's father and Lindsay) and one theme: Love. Weird that you're called Kirsty too lol. If you find any notes could you maybe tell me where u got them from...I'll tell you if I have any luck on the net. Good luck to you!
Kirsty Worsty

#7 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:41 PM

Hm, I did all my own study notes for mine..maybe I made it harder for myself, oh well.

#8 xclaire_16x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:39 PM

smile.gif Hey

My names Claire and I m doin Lovely Bones and I have to be back at school with a question as well aaaaaaaah! I cant think what to do! The only question me and my friends have came upwith is to invetsiagte the first narrative being used as well:( Sorry

Luv me xxx

#9 Wee_Stephi

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Goin out with mates havin a laugh; chilling; goin shoppin; seeing the bf when av got one hehe :P; getting drunk (A)

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:08 PM

A just found this http://www.panmacmillan.com.au/resources/A...yBonesNotes.pdf av not had time to read through it but it looks like it could help a wee bit fingers crossed
user posted image

x-stephi-x@hotmail.com

#10 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:29 PM

I'm doing lovely bones too.I'm currently working towards dealing with the different sorts of relationships in the novel Lindsey/Samuel - love,Ray/Ruth - Friendship you get my drift?
And also showing what the author wants us to consider.

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#11 Kimmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 06:11 PM

Ok... tongue.gif Im doing my personal study on The Lovely Bones and I really need some good quotes and notes for it, anyone done it or got notes??? help!!! lol xx biggrin.gif

#12 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 26 November 2004 - 05:30 PM

The quotes will depend on what your question is......you only want relevant ones to your question.I'm doing lovely bones too this year and basically I'm writing my own notes.I've not really looked online.

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#13 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 26 November 2004 - 05:30 PM

Try googling it for notes...

That book seems quite a popular choice for personal study... quite a few other people on this forum are doing the same book.

#14 glenhigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:31 PM

Ok i have a title or rather a question for a title to start a personal study, i don't have notes as off yet but the title is as follows;

Analyse the literary techniques used by Alice Sebold to Explore the theme of coping with loss in the novel "The lovely Bones"

If this helps please comment on work@ www.mxvirial.deviantart.com

:: MXVIRIAL ::
-------------------
toodlepip

#15 sh_21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:33 PM

Ditto. I'm doing the Lovely Bones as well. Could concentrate on the themes? Learning to accept death is part of the life cycle. Should not take anything for granted, and everything happens for a reason?

xx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users