Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Best way to revise for Geography? - HSN forum

Best way to revise for Geography?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Nick

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

Right, basically as the title says.

I have one of the leckie revision guides, but there is a lot to read and idk if I need to know it all.
Would it be better reading through my jotter or persevering with the book.

Or is there any other sources of revision material anyone can recommend?

Prelim in a couple of weeks and haven't been revising Geography efficiently enough.

Any help would be brilliant, cheers.

#2 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

Like all subjects, doing past exam papers is a good idea. It gives you an indication of what areas you are stronger on and what areas could do with more revision time. Look at the number of marks available for each question. Make sure you write at least enough points that you would get full marks if they were all deemed valid, and write some more if you have time/can think of any. Persevere with the book, but skim read sections you think you are more comfortable with. Also go through your jotter in the same way. Go online for more information about a particular topic if you don't think you have enough.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#3 Nick

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, that's true.
I decided not to get Past Papers until after my Prelims though, purely because I'll do them all and then I'll eventually remember the answers and they'll get monotonous.
I'll print off a couple from the SQA site though.

I'll do that. Should go alright.
I've just read over my Physical Geography unit in my jotter, so yeah. It's going better now.

Thanks very much smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users