Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Help with Advanced Drama? - HSN forum

Help with Advanced Drama?

1 reply to this topic

#1 RobbieNewton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:16 PM

Hello

I was wondering if anyone had any good exemplar essays they could share with me for AH Drama, particularly on Stanislavski and Brecht? My teacher has none, and indeed, it is not just some independent study I do, it is all, since I'm in with the Higher Class, so I'm lucky to get one lesson a month supported by a teacher. I have tons of books (Brechts Collected Plays Two and Three, Brecht on Theatre - The Development of AN Aesthetic, all Three of Stanislavski's "Actor" books, Stanislavski and teh Actor by Jean Bendetti, Performing Brecht by Margaret Eddershaw, several of Brecht's other plays (Szechwan, Arturo Ui, Mother Courage, Chalk Circle), The Stanislavski Toolkit by Bella Merlin and several others, and I'm reading about 4 at at time, however, my teacher has no essays, no Advanced Papers (Though the SQA website does) and the SQA have no exemplar answers online. So basically, I'm struggling, since my teacher is not telling me how, on how to go about answering Section A and Section B. I know that they are both 20 marks, however, at AH level, that is no indication of how much I should put in, my Modern Studies teacher told me for the 30 Marks in the AH Essays for Mod Studs, it would be a good idea to try and get in more than necessary.

That brings me to m other question, should I be noting as I go through? I'm noting on Wikipedia and online, but I find it difficult to note from a book such as this, but usually retain what I read, which is good. Would perhaps just making a Bibliography with references to the pages be fine for revision purposes?

If anyone at all could help me, I would really appreciate it.

#2 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

It is always a good idea to reference in some way, whether this be noting or page referencing is up to you.

Never read it but hopefully this book will help

Drama
Twentieth-century Theatre - Usevolod Meyerhold Annotated Bibliography - Advanced Higher Drama
by David Roy

http://www.word-power.co.uk/books/drama-I9781859559307/
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users