Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
To any TEACHERS out there...(or students if you might know) - HSN forum

To any TEACHERS out there...(or students if you might know)

1 reply to this topic

#1 dismo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

I'm guessing this is more something a teacher would be able to answer so if there's any teachers online - PLEASE answer!!

So, I sat AH Chemistry last year and got a B. This year I'm taking a gap year and want to upgrade it to an A at a Further Education College.

I have passed all 3 NABs and was under the impression that I would only have to re-sit the exam.

But today, I was told by the exam section at College that it is up to the teacher as to whether or not I have to do the NABs as well.

In other words, the teacher can either let me retain the units and sit the exam or might make me re-do everything.

My question/s are:

Would the teacher know I have passed the units without me telling him?

What would happen if I just re-sat all the NABs and exam without telling the teacher I was re-sitting the subject?

I realise SQA do not seem to have adequate information for candidates on the NQ exam system.

SQA has said that I would have to re-sit all NABs and exam.

Everyone seems to be contradicting themselves which is pretty confusing.

#2 Punkie

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Music, psychology, hugs... Guitars... stuff... :)

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:12 PM

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm resitting higher English and Computing (more for something to do than anything else) to upgrade to an A, and I've been told I don't need to re-sit my nabs. I'm doing mine in school though, rather than college, so your college might just want you to do them anyway so they can see how you're getting on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users