Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Exam - HSN forum

Exam

8 replies to this topic

#1 fraser-scotland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

How'd everyone find it? any comments on it?

#2 Chas

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:MSN,Music,TV

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:40 PM

I thought the exam was pretty fair. Multi choice was ok and Section B had a bit more KU in it than usual. Physiology for Unit 3 was ok too. Hoping for at least a B.

#3 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

Overall I found the exam OK. It wasn't too difficult but I made some really daft mistakes now that I've checked my answers against my notes! still hoping for atleast a B!! btw see the project, if that counts for 20% of the final grade, how does that work then? is the exam out of 125 marks then as the project is worth 25 marks or is the exam out of 75 and the project is out of 25?? i'm relying on my project to bring my grade up! hopefully!!

#4 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

oh I just checked the SQA website and the whole thing is out of 125 marks.

#5 englisher

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

I thought the multiple choice section was much harder than it usually is.

The data handling was OK but it had the annoying type questions (the 2 and 3 markers, in a row) where you know what the answer is but struggle to write the exact words they are looking for on the marking instructions so you write about half a page and all you needed was 2/3 short bullet points with the key phrases.

The main section was fairly straightforward.

For the ERQs I did question B which was a bit of a nightmare and typically I knew loads of points for the sections that were only worth 4 marks and essentially nothing for the 7 mark section. Cest la vie.

Physiology Health and Exercise for the third unit. The stent question was annoying in that it's blatantly obvious what the answer is but there is definitely potential for me not having got those marks due to terminology or lack thereof. The 4 marker at the end was the ultimately worst "big" question that could possibly have come up for me in this section. Not loving that at all. I can't even remember what it was on, but it was mega rubbish. Ah yes, exercise testing. Only THE most boring part of the whole unit. Hopefully mere mention of VO2 max will be worth a mark and I'm sorted wink.gif

Anyway, pretty fair exam but OMG can they drop the absolutely dismal parts of the syllabus which made this course painful as hell?

WRT the cutoffs etc: Below

Year-Subject --------------Max --------A1---------A2-----------B-----------C-------------D

2007 Biology ---------------125 --------96---------82-----------69----------56-----------49
2006 Biology ---------------125 --------96---------82-----------69----------56-----------49
2005 Biology ---------------125 --------95---------81-----------67----------53-----------46

#6 anna123

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:46 PM

loll that is exactly the same for me! i found the multiple choice quite difficult compared to last years and the previous years. The data handling was OK but I did write like half a page for the 2 mark questions ( basically repeated myself as I was lost for words dry.gif ). For the essays I did B and I wrote more for mimicry and mutualism than dormancy. I forgot the examples for the mimicry part so I made them up!! I wrote about a butterfly and a snake ( I don't know why but I remembered reading these names somewhere) but i think that they both fit into the one type of mimicry not both :S but still looking at those cut off marks I think I miiiigggghhhhhttttt jussssssttt scrape a B if not then a C is better then nothing! fingers crossed!!

#7 Chas

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:MSN,Music,TV

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

I actually found the multiple choicve ok but there were a few questions in it that were annoying

Q1 of Section B usually contains harder problem solving so i was a bit relieved. I also wrote about 8 or 9 lines for a 2 mark answer lol

#8 fraser-scotland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:00 PM

I thought the multiple choice was ok

Anyone write down their multiple choice answers??

#9 Ron90

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

I found the M/C very good actually. The easiest out off all the past papers. Here are my answers (which i think i have gotten full marks) which have been cross-checked with another person, so there may be mistakes.

1. C 11. B 21. C
2. D 12. D 22. B
3. C 13. A 23. B
4. D 14. A 24. A
5. B 15. D 25. C
6. A 16. D
7. D 17. C
8. A 18. A
9. B 19. A
10. A 20. B

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users